Odd things that run through my head....

Star*

call 911........call 911
If the exhaust hose from my dryer falls on the floor and I have to move 100 things to get the dryer moved out is that a dryer vent vent? And if I ran to Homedepot and bought the wrong sized vent and got back home would it be a dryer vent vent vent? Thank goodness I measured the 2nd time -

When we get new jobs in our office I make out a folder - then I file them. If they are folders should I be foldering them or should SMEAD just change the name of folders to manila files?

It's a stapler right? Oxymoron? Stay or Puller - not both.

After spilling my coke on the desk I solved the "Why is it called a blotter" problem. - it worked great.

I was watching my record player last night - yes I have one. So I put on Crosby Stills Nash and Young - and then I see 33 45 78......the smaller the disc the smaller the number - so why when they came out with CD's aren't they like 10's or 12's or something - by the way FYI - you can not play a CD on a record player. No noise at all. But --I had to see.

With my sensitivity issues I'm looking for a key - silent ring. For all my keys. Jingling makes me nuts. I'm also in the market for a silent keyboard and mouse if anyone knows where to get such a cheap thing.

And why hasn't any savy rapper come out with a song called Bubble wrap? I tried it - you can get a groove off popping the little air bubbles.....bubble wrap does NOT however work well in place of shoe inserts. I wasn't gellin' or anything - just walk and pop, walk and pop.

And all this in just the first 4 hours.......I so wonder some days what my diagnosis would be if....lol

OH look - a squirrel!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You just keep right on thinkin', darlin' -- you're so good at it! ;)

Try wrapping tape around the heads of your keys... it will help a teeny bit. Remember those old key wallets? It was a leather or plastic case that wrapped around the keys and snapped shut. You could just take out the one or two keys you needed and the rest would stay in the little wrapper... silent as the dead.

If you had loads of cash to spare, (difficult child 1 and I were just talking about this), I bet there's a touch-screen easy child, similar to the iPhone and its copy cats, that would allow you to type silently.

We have a flexible (literally can be rolled up) keyboard that's fairly quiet... nothing's silent. You'd still hear your fingers tapping at the key, depending on how much force you use...

What I'm waiting for is the silent corn/potato chip. Or some sort of muffler to put around the diner's jaw so's I don't have to hear the munching... Doesn't bother me when I hear a horse chewing, but when the same sound comes out of a human, drives me nuts.... speaking of squirrels...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Potato chip bag rattling, rustling, could you be any noisier if the dang thing was wrapped in cheap cellophane and you had a fidgiting problem - problem?

I dump all the chips, and cheetos and pretzels into large zip lock bags.

NO MORE SWIRU#)$)#I$(_)Q#$_)GKFD:SKLDJF S A:LKDJDJFSL:KD SCWWWRRRRRH WSHEESHHHHHHHHHHEESHEKESKEEEEEEshh noise.

susiestar

Roll With It
You can get a gizmo to plug into your phone or whatever to project a virtual keyboard onto a surface. You type and see an image of the keyboard (so you know where to put your fingers to start) and through magic it types what you type on the screen. Sort of like electricity - can't see it but it works so it must be magic, Know what I mean?? I have seen them on tv and in catalogs. That would be the ultimate silent keyboard if you didn't have fingernails clicking. And boy would it stump most guys in MY family, LOL!!

You just keep thinking. To help with the key thing you can get little rubber tops to go over the heads of the keys.

susiestar

Roll With It
Star - I have a big old bucket from ice cream for potato chips and one for tortilla chips (the 2 kinds that are usually bought for this house). I can't even handle the crackle of the ziploc.

It took me a while but after the night I got up and walked over and JUMPED onto the bag of chips husband was rattlin (narrowly missing his hand) he got the point that I meant it when I said that after the bag was opened the chips would be put into a bucket or thrown AWAY. REally shocked the kids too. but they don't pester me with that hideous rattle any more!

I is MEAN on just a few issues.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WANTS GIZMO......Had to laugh - I looked for silent keyboard and another person was looking as well - I found their post and most of the replies said he/she was anal......I thought - YUUuuuuuuuuuuuuup. lol

I have the rubber things on my keys - I even had to put them on our dogs tags....then after everyone laughed and laughed I walked into Petsmart and SAW the same things like for keys there on the counter for sale for jingly dog tags - NOW who's anal? :mad: - mostly everyone. lol :alien:

TerryJ2

by the way FYI - you can not play a CD on a record player. No noise at all. But --I had to see.

OMG, I LOL at this one! You are so funny!

:geek:

Star*

call 911........call 911
And how cool would it have been to be able to play all my CD's ON the record player........TAKE THAT MODERN DAY GIZMOS THINGS.....yeah yeah I know defeats the purpose. BUT -

Susie - I have been known to grab hands and just shake my head no - when it came to the chip bags....and there's a list about 10 feet long of all the other DO NOT DO stuff in the house - Apparently I have issues.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Trinity -

Thanks!! I got very excited - and then read the passage -

Makes simulated keyboard sounds........OMG are they kidding - talk about messing with a good thing. UGH - square one.

Maybe I should invent something? I thought that would have been perfect except for simulated sounds. lol - wonder if they have simulated chip bag rustling and key fobs.......

Wiped Out

Staff member
Star,
I totally get the key thing-drives me crazy when I'm walking my furball!

I have to wonder what's wrong with me-the potato chip bag thing never really has bothered me unless I'm trying to watch tv.

I love that you tried the CD on the record player!!