Off to Ft Worth

susiestar

Roll With It
Jess and I are off to Ft. Worth in about an hour. PLEASE cross fingers, pray, rattle beads, dance, whatever that this doctor gives us some REAL help.

We are going to once again have to fight the report from the quack therapist who said that the problem is anxiety (if you remember she came in at the very end of a 5 min session with a pain doctor and diagnosis'd Jess with anxiety with-o Jessie even saying a word to her. The lady didn't say more than 2 or 3 sentences the entire time she was in the room - and there were 5 other docs/PA/babydocs in the room at the time.

Combined with our old pediatrician's bias against teen girls (they all suffer from anxiety and even strep throat is given an anxiety diagnosis at first), it has been an uphill fight. We would likely have gotten to this doctor at least 6 months ago if not for fighting the anxiety crud. Increased anxiety in the form of gfgbro/gma koi doesn't make her worse, and lack of anxiety doesn't make her better. Which is why every other therapist we have seen says anxiety is NOT the problem.

Anyway, this guy is supposed to be excellent. i am going to PUSH for a 24hr EEG, and any other tests they can do now or have us do in OK.

I am taking my laptop so I will try to give an update after we see the doctor. Right now we are going to try to stay at Ronald McDonald tonight instead of driving home after 6 hrs in the car to get there.

Thanks for all the support!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Susie,
I've been keeping Jess in my daily prayers and am really praying and hoping this doctor is able to get to the bottom of things so Jess can have some relief to all of her pain. Hugs.

Jena

be careful, good luck and great idea not to make drive back and to stay there. those places are great. with super nice people. that's where i was going to stay in oregon. hope they get a clue the doctor's.

((hugs))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good luck.

Sending good vibes, juju, crossing body parts, and saying prayers.

The key to the right diagnosis is finding the right doctor. Kid you not.

(((hugs)))