OGT's and other things

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Nancy, May 18, 2007.

1. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

difficult child texted me from school...she passed all five parts of the OGT's (Ohio Graduation Test). They changed the test last year and made it much harder and there was serious doubt whether she would pass but the school did a good job of preparing them. I can tell you I am so relieved and so is she.

On another note, difficult child was chosen to be part of a new program, the missing link, next year that matches upper classmen with incoming freshmen who may have a hard time adjusting to high school. They are having a summer sleepover at school and other activities to help the freshmen get acclimated and the upper classmen serve as a role model and helper during the year. Those picked were recommended by their teachers and/or guidance counselor to be part of the team.

Big sigh of relief today :faint:

2. Crazy-Steph

Crazy-Steph New Member

Wow! That is great news! This just goes to show what a great support system she has, which I am sure is a credit to her great parents!
  3. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Wow nancy...what a long way she has come! I am thrilled for both of you. I just knew she could turn it around.
  4. Sunlight

Sunlight Active Member

wow that is wonderful!
  5. Sheila

Sheila Moderator

Wow! What a turnaround she's done!

You must be so proud and rightfully so! :bravo: :smile:
  6. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

I know you are proud. She has come a long way.

7. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Wonderful news! :bravo:

We haven't heard yet re: easy child's OGT's. He took them the week I was in the hospital (so he was a bit stressed), so I'm nervous about the results.
  8. kris

kris New Member

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> would you have even dreamt of this just a short year ago, nancy? your daughter has accomplished so much this year. you & husband must be ready to burst with-pride.

</span> </span> </span>
  9. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

:bravo: Time to celebrate, Nancy. :smile:
  10. Stella Johnson

Stella Johnson Active Member

:bravo: She has certainly come a long way in the last year or two. Wow! :bravo: