Oh Abbey-snow is on the way

Wiped Out

Staff member
I started thinking of you tonight as I am sitting here watching the snow fall on top of the freezing rain that already fell-I think where you are, you are also in the winter storm warning-are you ready? (I'm ducking now, in case you are throwing a snowball at me:frozen:;))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wiped Out...it's here and more to come. I posted about it on the middle of the night thread. I'm off to do round 2 of shoveling.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. Snow banks a good waist high. I'm going back to bed after shoveling the last hour. And it'still snowing. Georgia neighbor came over at 5am with his snow blower to help the the driveway that got comptely dumped by the road crew. That was nice. Now I have to uncover my mailbox.

I can do this. Tell me I can do this.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh my. Just got up after my snooze. It doesn't even look like I shoveled. Can't even tell a plow came through at 4am. I can't see my mailbox and it's still coming down THICK. That box is chest high. See...I *NEED* my mailbox. My new phone should be coming today.

Guess I'll don my Artic attire and get back out there.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Alright Star...you're getting a call. I'll pay your plane ticket to get me out of this. It's insane. I'm on my second nap of the day and it's only 2pm. Just got a call from work...they're shutting down.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
NAP? MIDDLE OF THE DAY????? STORE SHUTTING DOWN?

OMG it sounds LOVERLY!

no wait- what did N say????

This snow is so delicious I dont' even know what you are talking about. :tongue:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, well you'll get your 4 thousands pounds of snow in the mail, sweetie Star.

I've got a pix of my mailbox and me in my Artic hat. I've lost count of how many times I've shoveled today. Then went over to MIL1's house to help her. I should be nice and buff in a few days.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Are you shoveling with your giant SPORK?
Word to the wise... invest in multiple shovels, different types. This let's you figure out which is your favorite.
Yes people have favorites! husband and I argued over which one was better for years!!!
Also if you have more than one you can leave one at each door.
We had to have one at the back door and one at the front door at all times.
In Idaho we had 3 doors... so 3 shovels. It svcks hauling one from side door to back door or front door at 1a.m. after 3 months... or 7 months (last year) of this!

We got a dusting up in the mountains!!! It made me smile so big, I don't even know what I am saying....
I have never felt so tired than after the multiple hours and an all nighter of shoveling.
I miss the snow!
You need them! Also one will break... it will.

tiredmommy

Get another (smaller) shovel and put it in your trunk. It will come in handy should your car get plowed in at work.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
If it's any consolation, my arm is so sore from shoveling I can barely lift the computer-by morning I probably won't be able to. So far I've shoveled twice, the second time was from the snow plow and I'm guessing they're not done yet! I do think you got more snow than us though.

Not a good day for our snow blower not to start!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha! The giant spork would have been great as it's a nice white fluffy snow. I just don't have anywhere to put it anymore! Now they're saying another 8-10 inches tonight. Lovely.

I'm going to try and post the pix. H is off jump starting MIL1's car. Gotta love this.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...this photo is HOURS after shoveling. It's not so simple as moving snow...you have to have some place to move it to. That means getting a shovel full, walking it to the middle of your yard over and over again. So this shot is from after moving a good foot of snow around the mailbox so I could get my new cell which didn't come because postal was down today. Sigh.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/Abbey888/?action=view&current=deb_at_mailbox3.jpg

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Kt...I'd like to kick you around the corner right now, except there is a plow in the way. I can't even find my corner. 4am and the damn plow is back filling up my driveway.:mad:

Well, I'm taking the bus today so H can figure out how to deal with this. He's the one driving.

Abbey