Oh geez, the difficult child-in-laws are coming town!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I did not, repeat, DID NOT invite them to stay with us. They invited themselves! :grrr:

They, who live on just their social security check and handouts from their kids, who hung out at our house "visiting" the week my dad was dying in the hospital without so much as a "Can I do anything to help you," have made yet another pilgrimage to LOST WAGES (aka Las Vegas) after conning husband into sending them $250 to cover their gas and a night's lodging for the trip out. (Do I sound bitter? I don't mean to. I'm PI$$ED!!!)

And now they've decided they want to stay with us Friday and Saturday after their romp in the desert is done. My dear, thoughtful, easily-manipulated husband informed me of this today. Nevermind that our guest room is a shambles. Nevermind that Saturday easy child has two soccer games, difficult child 2 potentially has one as well, difficult child 1 has a therapist appointment in the morning, PLUS we are having difficult child 2's birthday party that afternoon/evening.

I REFUSE to stay up late to get the room ready. I REFUSE to kill myself during the day to get the room ready. They will be lucky if I manage to clear off the beds and make a path from the door. I am NOT cleaning my house for them. I am NOT cooking for them. And if they show up here Friday and difficult child 1's tutor is here, I'm going to ask them to come back later when he's done with his lesson. :devil:

What little Christmas spirit I had is suddenly drowning in resentment. I hate feeling like this.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Don't blame you one bit. It is what you get when you invite yourself to someone's house...............as my own Mom has discovered the past few years. lol Now she pitches in and helps and I never hear a complaint. Who'd have thunk it possible?

With her I do understand that she can only get here when she can get here, which means when someone is willing to bring her over...........but still, last minute notice means don't expect miracles. I'm living my life over here.

Odds are if you don't go out of your way, you're not going to resent their visit as much..........and if you continue your schedule as planned perhaps they'll rethink just popping in for visits. My mom now at least attempts to try to accommodate schedules....and if she can't she doesn't complain about that anymore either.

((hugs))

Lothlorien

Have husband clear out the room. Go about business as usual. Since they invited themselves, they'll have to deal with the fact that you are busy and have things to do. They can just entertain themselves and find food or order out.

M

ML

I had a briliant response typed and lost it. Do not give them your last bit of Spirit and let husband do the work. Let them help you clean and cook too. Hugs

T

TeDo

I agree with everyone else. If they invite themselves you have absolutely NO obligation to change anything or clean for them. They want to sleep in the bed "sorry, I've got a full plate and didn't have time". They want to eat "sorry, we're on a schedule so you will have to fend for yourselves". OR you can assign all those jobs to husband since he is the one that apparently doesn't have a problem with them coming. YOUR family comes first, not his.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes/went.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Holy cow, THIS is just the icing on the cake.

husband just sent me a text saying that NOW his parents are NOT coming to our house!!! They are going to stop by Saturday morning to give difficult child 2 his birthday gift, then they are going to watch easy child's soccer game(s), then they are heading over to stay with difficult child-sister in law#2.

SOOOOOO glad I haven't done anything to clean up that room for them! Can you even begin to imagine how LIVID I would be right now if I'd spent today cleaning for them???!!! It's really quite laughable, the whole situation. :crazy2:

Mattsmom277

Wow, glad you didn't clean for sure! Yet extra glad you don't have to play hostess without notice and with such a busy schedule!

Star*

call 911........call 911
(((((((((((((GOOOOOOOOOO AWAY))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((GO AWAYAAAAAAAAA)))))))))

((((((((((((((((((GO THE#*:nono:$&(* AWAY))))))))

Whatever could have (GOOOOO AWAY) made them change their minds......???? lol. (shoo - go away) :future::hypnosis:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
hooray!
they will not stay!
they're goin' away!
on sat-er-day!
they're so blase'!
with no base pay!
to piddle away!
in the city (sit-ay)!
oh happy day!
they will not stay!!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Holy Flippin' Moley!!!

Now they ARE coming on Saturday to stay -- and possibly Sunday too. And husband doesn't understand why I haven't gotten around to doing anything about the room yet.

He sees nothing wrong with this situation and thinks I am being unreasonable.

I want know what he's smoking... :grrr:

susiestar

Roll With It
Sounds like husband will spend Saturday cleaning the guest room and catering to them. I sure wouldn't do it. i would also be likely to drop some nasty comments, but that is me. If husband doesn't want to clean, then he can hire and supervise a house cleaner to come do the job - and pay for it out of whatever fund he found the spare $250 he sent them!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well... husband went up to the room and got the beds cleared off. All the junk is stacked off to the sides of the room. He didn't change the linens. Didn't vacuum. Didn't put clean towels in the adjoining bath. He did leave my file boxes alone that I still needed to go through to find difficult child 1's neuropsychologist report for our therapist appointment tomorrow. I found what I needed this morning and put the boxes away in the closet. Then changed out the pillow cases and put clean towels in the bathroom. That's about all I'm going to do. I have to get difficult child 1 going on his assignments today, now that he's frittered away most of the morning. :( Then I have to go make copies for tomorrow, and do some cleaning downstairs since difficult child 2 is having a friend sleep over on Saturday.

Lord, help me be a duck today and let everything just roll off my back...:please:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Lord -

My friend is really a chicken
She wants to be a duck
Her in laws are coming uninvited and
She don't give a

CLUCK

Oh I know you were thinking - buck.........to the Salvation Army -