Oh, goody....

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well, difficult child 1 stepped up her experiences. She decided to try pot. She got busted by the folks that work at her group home. Arghhhh. Of course not letting her know that it is worrisome. husband is the one that actually talked to her. He didn't stay on the phone long either. I would ask why but I know there isn't an answer to that. She said she didn't like it. So can we cross our fingers that she will stay away and not continue on that path.

beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well. At least she didn't like it. Hopefully she was being honest. Back eons ago, I tried it, didn't do a darn thing for me. Didn't see what all the fuss was about and never touched it again. Let's hope it's the same for your difficult child. Scary to think of her even considering to go down that path.

((hugs))

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope it was just the first time...... If it was the first time she tried it at 18 you have gone past the "norm" for beginning experiences...... sometimes its just curiosity to see what the "fuss" is about........ hoping it was the LAST time......

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Beth, I wouldn't get too concerned unless it becomes more of an issue. Even pcs like me experimented in our youth :bag: .

Fingers crossed.

Suz

DammitJanet

LOL Star...but she didnt inhale! Good lord...how do I put this delicately...ummm...Suz grew up in the era when if she actually left her house she was exposed...lol.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
You know I just know difficult child. I was so glad when this hadn't happened. Guess I should be grateful it wasn't experimented sooner. The house staff indicated it might not have been a one time thing. I just have to sit back and see how it works itself out.

She has gained so much weight in the few months she has been there. It is darn frightening. She just doesn't care. I know with her being 18 a lot of it is hers to deal with but with the guardianship we still have some input in how things should happen. I just hate all of this stuff. Oh well one step at a time.

b eth

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Suz grew up in the era when if she actually left her house she was exposed...

:rofl:

You are so right, Janet!

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to go to a party and NOT find pot or hash or cocaine or LSD there. I think I was approaching 30. Yep, it certainly was a generational thing back in those dinosaur days. :wink:

Still, I understand your concern, Beth. I flipped out completely when Rob blatantly was smoking *something* in our home and we found drug paraphernalia. It was one thing in the 60's and with pcs who were just momentarily goofy....it's a whole different ball game now and with difficult children. :(

You have my sympathies.

Suz