Oh Heavens, it's Week Seven!!!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:i'mback:Wow!! The time is flying by!! :holymoly:

Seven weeks into our healthy living committments...... how are all of you doing?

My update, remember those .2 pounds I lost last week - gained exactly that back when I went to WW last night! Up .2! I had a really good week too - my leader said "don't worry, it'll show next week!" I certainly hope so!!!!! easy child had to work last night and fill in for someone so she is going to fly by after school on her way to work tonight.

Hope everyone is keeping up with their healthy changes!

Sharon

trinityroyal

Sharon, you're making great progress. 7 weeks in is just about the time that many of us hit a plateau. I'm sure that your WW leader is right and that your hard work will show next week. Way to go!

I have been trying very hard to maintain healthy eating habits. I've moved into the maintenance phase of the GI diet, so there are some foods I'm allowed to start adding back into the program.

Little easy child came up with two "exercises" over the weekend, and we have been getting a great workout doing them. Here they are:
1) He will sit on my fit ball, while I sit on his big Superman ball, facing each other and holding hands. He then puts his feet on my knees and balances on top of the ball. While he sings Row, Row, Row your Boat (at the top of his lungs), I pull his arms back and forth. We roll around on the balls and try to keep our balance. About the time he gets to Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily we usually collapse in a heap on the floor, giggling. Tons of fun and a great ab workout for me.

2) husband just bought a recumbent bike as part of his fitness goals. Little easy child decided it would be a great idea for us to try and ride it together. So. I sit on the seat, he sits on my lap and we start to ride. While doing this, he kicks his legs up in the air, wiggles around and sings circus music. I just put Little easy child on the scale Sunday morning. He weighs 68 lbs, so this is quite a workout for me.

I have also been practicing the dance steps in preparation for my next class on Saturday. It took ages, but I think I've mastered the turn-pivot-back-forward-turn-together thingy that my instructor was trying to show me last class. The secret seems to be not to think about it. The minute I start thinking I get all confused.

Workouts are definitely not boring these days. I'm having so much fun!

Sue C

I am back to my original weight because I haven't been eating right or taking walks.

However.............two days ago we grocery shopped and I bought lots of fruits and veggies, and I'm starting over with my healthy eating habits. No more chips with my sandwiches. The last two days I had 1/2 sandwich for lunch with a salad.

Today I am going out to buy an exercise outfit to wear to Curves and then tomorrow or Friday....I am going back to Curves. I mean it! I have to! 'Cuz doing nothing is not working. I swear the fat is growing in certain spots, even though I'm not gaining weight.

So, today I am feeling encouraged. "Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending."

sue

scent of cedar

After about three weeks, I started smoking again and then, stopped yesterday (again). I am using a nicotine patch but boy, it just isn't the same! On the breathing front, I began using the inhaler as prescribed and am feeling better (duh!). Weight was not really an issue for me, but in changing my diet to help with my breathing (no carbohydrates is what it seems to be boiling down to ~ and no dairy, even butter), I have lost eight or ten pounds, I think. Without the carbohydrates, I feel mentally sharper, too.

Mostly, I have been eating apples and cottage cheese (for some reason, I can do cottage cheese) eggs, and chicken stir fry. Sometimes, I eat salmon. I can eat chili, but hummus seems to bother me. All other fruits and veggies seem to be okay ~ except for bananas and SOYBEANS, of all things.

And soy milk.

No peanuts, either.

And no chocolate, if you can believe that.

husband got me some Godiva chocolate?

And it made me sick as a dog.

So, that is how I have been doing.

For anyone interested in the no carbohydrate thing? I stopped using bread or any flour-based product back in September. So, that would be a loss of about two pounds a month, right? I stopped using pasta, too. When I do cheat and have some pasta (I love it!), I notice the difference right away in my breathing.

Same thing with wine or beer.

My daughter says allergic reactions have more to do with the preservatives and flavoring agents in the various foods we eat than the actual food itself.

That would explain the wine and beer reactions ~ beer more so than wine.

I was reading somewhere that if we cut 600 calories a day, by the end of the month we will have consumed 18,000 calories less. I think it takes 3,200 calories to make a pound, doesn't it?

So, cutting caloric intake by 600 calories a day should result in a relatively painless weight loss of five to six pounds a month, right?

Times twelve months equals sustainable weight loss of 60 pounds (?) because after the first months, eating patterns will have been changed.

Wishing everyone of us well with our projected lifestyle changes.

:)

Barbara

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-It will show eventually and if you had a good week it will show soon. Sometimes it's as simple as having eaten a salty meal earlier in the day or drinking a lot of water before you weigh in. You are doing fantastic!:D

Trinity-It sounds like you are having lots of fun with the exercising-that's awesome!:D

Sue-What a great attitude-I love your quote! :bigsmile:

Barbara-Sounds like you are doing really well. Good for you for working on stopping smoking!:yourock:

As for me I'm back on the workout track. I've now worked out the past 6 days in a row!:treadmill: I'm still struggling some with the eating but seem to be getting back on track!

M

ML

You are all so great and inspirational. I'm not doing well. I gained back the 3 pounds I lost and feeling discouraged. But your stories helped me to realize it's ok.. a new beginning each day.

I didn't realize how hard it is to cut out 600 calories a day. And if you put back those 600 calories the weight come b ack on faster than it came off.

Thanks for being gals. xo ML

Star*

call 911........call 911
BLARGHHHH.....I ARE DEAD.

Between Dude's self-emitting rays of death and DF being stressed out and eating chocolate by the pound and bag - I am not faring well this week.

I'm still doing - oj breakfast with-banana
WW for lunch
Apple or fruit for snack
then anything for dinner -cutting out breads seems to maintain my weight - but trying to have a samich without bread is hard.

Plus I am Passing My Shotgun - to everyone I know and bloated toads don't want to get on the gazelle and exercise for 15 mins.

I haven't /don't think I've gained - but was discouraged when a pair of shorts that fit last summer could not get past my kiester.

I need an island with nothing but fruit and scuba -

Star*

call 911........call 911
HOWEVER.........

I WILL SAY THAT MY BRAG FOR THE WEEK:

I have stuck with this healthy living for seven weeks. I am a part of a special group of folks who are also trying, struggling and hanging in -

FOR THAT I AM VERY PROUD OF MYSELF AND YOU ALL.....

Jena

sharon

good for you wow!!! :)

i didn't knwo we were in week seven lol

i guess i should put down the almond joy i'm slamming into my mouth right now.........lol

As always, I've been really good about exercising daily. I'm still looking forward to nicer weather because I really want to jog/run outside!!!:jumphappy: I do have a confession to make though - I haven't begun using my resistance bands!!! I KNOW I need to stop procrastinating - Sometimes, I'm my own worst enemy!!! I'm hoping that by confessing this here, I'll be too embarrassed to come back here next week and say that the bands are still in the box. I guess I should have purchased the ones that smell like chocolate as mentioned by Trinity. Even if I tried to eat them, at least they would be out of the box by now, lol!!!

I haven't lost or gained any weight but that is ok as I'm only three pounds from where I want to be. I'm taking the advice I've been given by others who are also in menopause. I'm just concentrating on healthy eating. I've been really good about making sure I eat healthy, balanced meals which include lots of fruits and veggies, and drinking plenty of water. I could be a bit better about snacking though...

I've been mainly concentrating on taking better care of myself emotionally. I've been putting my needs first for a change. I now realize that spending all of my time worrying about the "what ifs" in GsFGs' futures isn't healthy for me. I'm slowly beginning to believe that it is necessary for me to have a life too!!! I always knew this on an intellectual level. However, knowing something intellectually is one thing and actually believing it deep inside is quite another. Does this make any sense???

Anyway, I want to thank all of you who have helped me realize that I need and deserve a life of my own. Without all of your support, I know I would still feel guilty about taking care of my own needs and beginning to make a life for myself. Yes, things with difficult children are still extremely difficult. However, I now realize that I can only do so much. The rest is up to them. I am not going to spend the rest of my life just going through the motions of living without enjoying life. I am not going to spend every waking hour stressed and miserable because I have two difficult children!!! And, I know that if I start slipping into my old, negative patterns of thought, I'll be snapped back into reality by all of you... THANKS!!!

And, I agree with Star - I'm also VERY proud of everyone here who is "trying, struggling, and hanging in." We CAN do this together!!!

So, for all of you who are doing well - Keep up the great work!!! And, for all of you who are struggling - The fact that you're still coming here speaks volumes!!! Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off, and get back on track!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :wine: To a healthy lifestyle!!! WFEN