Oh my

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope I didn't get husband and myself into something I shouldn't have.

One of the places where difficult child gets his therapy (the same one that gave us an award last year) called us today. The director said April is National Child Abuse Awareness Month and that one of the local stations is doing a feature and was looking for parents to talk to. They want us to talk about how hard it is for parents with children with mental illness to get services and other things in that area.

We said we would do it as long as it could be anonymously. We don't want difficult child to have to deal with anything due to us being on the news-just isn't rair to him.
Cross your fingers if they decide to interview us that we are good advocates.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Wow!

That sounds like a really great opportunity to spread the word about families like ours and the things we need for our children...

Good luck!!

--DaisyF

Lothlorien

Get a list of questions that they are going to ask you ahead of time. Just be careful that they don't take things out of context, essentially making you look bad.

Sometimes, they have their own agenda and it's not how they portray themselves at all. Just be careful.

Good luck!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone. I made it very clear to the director I will not do it unless it is anonymous. I like the idea of asking for questions ahead of time. The director seems to think they will have some say in how it is done.