Oh no...Emergency...husband invited people over for dinne and just told me they'll be here

in an hour!!!! OMG!! HELP! What am I gonna feed them???? Should I order food or cook? I don't have anything for company. I just fed my kids and their girlfriend's a steak dinner an then they wanted MORE, ok? I just got 2 steak dinners cleaned up......husband has not left my bedroom all day! I'm running away from home!

H

HaoZi

husband invited them. husband gave you no notice that he was even going to do so. It's husband's responsibility.

tiredmommy

Hand husband the phone book and say "make reservations" then walk away and figure out what you're wearing while husband takes you and the guests out.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I agree, husband invited them, let him deal with it.

AND, just to be a witch, I'd let them know husband invited them without bothering to tell you and so while you're glad to see them, he'll be figuring out what's for dinner.........as in Dinner Out for everyone, husband's treat!

No way on earth would I cook for guests husband did not bother warning were coming to eat until an hour before hand. Then once they left, I'd give him the cast iron skillet over the head. (which could be why he doesn't pull such stunts, well that and the autism lol ) :rollingpin:

DDD

I have no idea how many people are coming, what you have in your freezer or pantry so I can't make any suggestions. Do you have a grill? Hot dogs? Let husband cook. If you've got money available, order in.
If you idea help...I'm pretty good at improvisation.

Now...you've got my sympathy! My husband doesn't invite people over for dinner. My husband invites people to come stay with us for a day or two. I have no maid. I work five days a week. We have a stinky dog and most of all the only "guest room" we have is easy child/difficult child's! Yeah, you have my sympathy! Hugs DDD

keista

My Dad's wife deals with this ALL the time, and I'm gonna tell you what I tell her:

Go to husband and say "I'm so glad you invited some friends over. Now you'll have some company while I go out to ____________." Then LEAVE and stay gone until guests are gone.

Of course, with my Dad it's something that happens literally every other day, and his wife hasn't even come close to taking my advice

InsaneCdn

I freak out with 24 hours notice... I'd like to know a WEEK in advance.
YUCK!!!!!

{{hugs}}
Waiting to see how this turns out...

DDD

OK, I know I have a life of my own but I thought about you at least five times last night wondering how you managed.
Please give an update so I can stop worrying about it. LOL DDD