Oh THIS is funnnnnneeeeee.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Caseworker called me today - asked how Dude was doing. Actually already KNEW how he was doing but was getting my opinion, and didn't tell me he had talked to DUde or the foster parents. (sneaky but I have nothing to hide)

For the last 6 months - they've been trying to cut DUde from the program. We have fought for this NOT to happen so that he still has help, and they are supposed to be helping Dude get his SSI - without them in the picture it's a toss if he would get it or not. But they've been trying to get rid of him because of lack of progress....UGH...wouldn't you keep a child who was trying but not quite making it?

Okay so ffwd to today and he says that there are people in the agency that want to close his case, BUT since he's gone from who he was at age 10 - to NOW at 18 and working, going to school - and getting along in his foster home and in the community, the case for trial was dropped - NOW he's fighting to keep him.

? WHY????

Because it's a success story that will keep their program afloat.......

OMG NOW I've heard everything.

THey can actually take the huge (2nd hugest case file they have) and go to the budget and control board and the governor and say "Look what WE did." we need more funds to keep this program open.

WE.......uh huh.......lol rofl......spitting on my monitor funny. But yes - now HE is pushing to keep him IN the program......

WOnders may NEVER CEASE......:whiteflag::whiteflag:

C.J.

Gee, as long as they can take ALL the credit for Dude's remarkable turnaround - why wouldn't they want to pat themselves on the back and make themselves look good!

I was so frustrated with the "system" when N* was immersed in it - Too many think that all parents are unneeded and unwanted accessories in their children's lives once the "professionals" become involved. While I understand too many children are victims of parental neglect, abuse or abandonment - those of us who exhaust every possibility to seek the help our children need are lumped in the same category with the bad parents.

Will Dude be able to be formally recognized as a success story - or will they just use his anonymous story to help continue to fund the program?

susiestar

Roll With It
While this is ridiculous, it is also not surprising. But it may give them funds to help someone else, so maybe it is worth leaving alone. Provided they DO help Dude with his SSi.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Honestly? I don't care who TAKES the credit - but it would be nice to be recognized.

I just think it's funny

When he was at his worst? We need to close the case.

When all the state Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s "spoke amongst themselves" and he had a reputation for being incorrigible? We need to close the case.

When he was at his peak of getting arrested and attempting suicide and feeling alone and worthless? We need to close the case.

But....

When he's successful, getting along, taking direction, going to school, has a job, working on getting his GFD, license and has money in his pocket?

Ahhhhh we need to KEEP him.

You would think it would be the other way around.

But then again, I've never understood government.

I'm glad his caseworker gets to have a completed successful case. Maybe he'll get a bonus. :laugh:

If Dude is successful? I've already gotten mine. ;)

If there IS attention to be given it will NOT be anonymous. They will use Dudes name.

Witz - you made me chuckle.

rejectedmom

Just shaking my head. After all that I have been through and seen and heard about others experiences with the system nothing surprises me. I'm glad Dud is doing well and that he will comtinue to get help. It just seems so backwards that he had to succeed to get it though. -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG :rofl:

You know what?

Doesn't surprise me at all.

But who cares as long as Dude benefits for a change?? The kid deserves it. They owe him big time.

And who knows.....maybe it will get them a bit of extra funding and they can honestly help someone else's kid.

I just can't believe he actually had the cajones to tell you his plans.

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG - WE ARE LIVID -

I need advice because I can't think

Caseworker went to my office today - I was at lunch. He introduced himself to ALL the other SUBCONTRACTORS working in the yard as Dudes Caseworker from the GOvernors Continuum of Care for SEVERELY emotionally disturbed children. (NEVER introduces himself as that)

THen proceeds to ask OTHER SUBCONTRACTORS about Dude.....

THey shrug and say he's only been there about a week.

Dude and boss pull up - and he askes the boss - did he know DUDE has anger control issues/problems? Boss says "WEll if he does he hasn't shown it to me."
CW - How is he working for you - he's got ODD he can't take direction
Boss - Well he's worked 4 full days and done fine.
CW - How much is he making a week?
Boss - I dont' see where that's YOUR business - that's between him and me and my supervisor -
CW - Oh you have a boss -
Boss - Yes, my wife......and we haven't decided what he'll make this week - but when we do it depends on how many hours, job done, work completed.
CW - oh - so he hasn't GOTTEN a pay yet.
boss - pay days are on friday

Then the cw calls dude AWAY From work - and says "Oh your boss won't mind,:
boss - "Well yeah I do - But go ahead Dude - I'll do YOUR WORK for you while you "chat".

OMG DUDE was livid.......why is the caseworker sabotaging this?
WHY would he tell EVERYONE I work with - that my kid is SEVERELY EMOTIONALLY DISTURBED and has anger problems?

I swear I want to sue this jacakss

FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE DUDE IS TRYING on his own to be a success and this guy does THAT?

Makes me want to find out something about him, stop at the Fort Jackson and let his entire platoon know - would be about the same not?

UG.......double UGH.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG!!! :mad::mad:

There has GOT to be someone you can report this to Star. I have never heard of such a thing........and I've had nephews in far worse trouble than Dude has ever thought of.

What the hades is this jerk doing? I thought he wanted Dude to be their star succes story. So now he's gonna muck (not the word I'd normally use) it all up?? *** is going on? Was all that on the phone just Bull to throw you off so you'd stop fighting for Dude's continuation of services??

Dude and you both just had your rights trompled all over.:mad: Can you pull a HIPPA violation on this idiot?? I mean, someone's mental condition, last time I checked, is not subject for public discussion with his employer and coworkers.

OH, I am sooooooooo LIVID with you. Grrrrrrrrrr

trinityroyal

Star,
I would nail this guy's @$$ to the WALL! I am livid right along with you.

I think Lisa's right that there must be some sort of HIPPA violation that you can tie this guy up with. HONESTLY. That's got to be a clear violation of Dude's rights. Good for his boss for sticking up for Dude, but dang! That's totally uncalled for.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Star*

call 911........call 911
And now.......the wheel gets the grease - because -

I asked the men I work with this morning what was asked - told - and they told me what I already knew. BUT - said "Look, we're like a family here - we all have kids, most of them are either in prison, or going to jail or in trouble of some kind (true) and no one judges - but we will tell you what that guy did yesterday? HUGE violation of private space."

So one of the men said to DUde "Hey we got to meet your caseworker yesterday - no big deal - but if he says "You're going to get booted out of their program? Tell him you'll have all the guys with sign a HIPPA violation against him. I bet he shuts his mouth then."

WOW! Didn't think of THAT.......

DUde just grinned and thanked them for being cool about it all.

Gee boys and girls can you say LEVERAGE?

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
I'd have them sign it now and hold on to it "just in case". Even if they don't boot him now, file it when he is finished with the program. The caseworker needs some natural consequences so he doesn't pull that stunt on other clients. He's what my husband would call a Power Tool. What a jack@$$!!

Genny

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star, you work with a great bunch of guys. And obviously, they like Dude. Genny is right......go thru the process and hold it until you need it.

I have a feeling there will be more "surprises" up ahead. I hope not......but it sure looks like it.

Hugs

Lori4ever

I agree with Genny and Daisy. If you do this. you'll have the date and info on hand and ready. As a bit of afterthough, have you thought of having Dude call and get an appointment to start SSI or SSDI? B is in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in Texas and got it going, as well as a friend of a friend here that just did this in the last 6 months. I don't foresee any problem with Dude getting that. Just a thought.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I have many issues with the system and I am not surprised by much that they do at this point. I would definately do something about the HIPPA thing. Wayyyyyyy out of line.

beth

N

Nomad

WONDERS NEVER CEASE is right!

WOW! Dude is making much progress and this guy is trying to pull him dfown for his own benefit. Hmmmmm

Proves...bottom line...many people do things for their own benefit without looking at the big picture.

I say, bite his ankle. Womp him where the sun don't shine.
Then pretend it never happened. Hee hee heee.

by the way....
For a period of time, my difficult child...who can be a riot...had a ring tone for moi...
it was something like "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world." I'm fairly sure it wasn't a compliment...although that could be paranoia. :mad::surprise::D