Oh, wee difficult child's new skill...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Finally, after 3 years of trying, wee difficult child learned to tie his shoes on Saturday! :D

He was so proud. As we were.

(Thanks for listening! Not everyone can appreciate how great it is when your 7-year-old finally learns to tie their shoes!)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
(we you guys are going "what's she complaining about, our teenagers can't tie their shoes!" roflmbo....all about perspective, huh?)

We're a far cry from him actually being able to tie his shoes tight enough to keep them on his feet....but....its a START! And he has worked so hard to figure it out...

Now if he could master the tv remote....

susiestar

Roll With It
That is SO COOL!! Some of the kids who will be in thank you's 4th grade class cannot do that - and these are some of the "good jocks"! Lots of them have just given up because it is "too hard". Velcro shoes get harder to find as they get older. And you do NOT want 4th grade boys to take their shoes off in a classroom. Oh HECK NO! Get any two of them in a classroom and you need gas masks to go and rescue the rest of the class!

(How I wish that was a joke!)

Give him a high five and ice cream from Auntie SusieStar!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hold on! Are you SURE you want him to go THERE? He is a MALE afterall... once he figures it out, you'll NEVER get it out of his hands!!! Seriously. NEVER.

:tongue:

I'll regret it later, but yes...then I could sleep in on Saturday morning! lol

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And you do NOT want 4th grade boys to take their shoes off in a classroom. Oh HECK NO! Get any two of them in a classroom and you need gas masks to go and rescue the rest of the class!
!

His feet are already that stinky. Remember being "reported" for "neglecting his hygiene" last year, that ended up being his smelly shoes? lol I bought him 3 pairs of tennis shoes this year. If his shoes stink that bad again this year, they can just deal. Or buy him more.

Christy

That's great. I admit I've been lax in this area. My difficult child knows how to tie but not well enough to keep his shoes tight and there are enough obstacles already in the morning routine so thank goodness for Sketchers z-strap shoes.

Congrats!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yesterday Jett was barefoot ALL day and after he got stung (on the foot), and I sat down with him - WHEW!

I just don't get it... MY FEET don't stink (LOL - I am kidding here!!!)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'll admit my feet get a tad ripe. I just have sweaty feet.

Best thing I've found is to change socks at least daily, wash feet and dry carefully, and then powder with a good disinfectant powder.

A lot of people like the Scholl's products but I have found them to be irritating. I use the Gold Bond brand.

You can go a long way towards de-stinking shoes by making up little bags of that ammonia-removing stuff for fish tanks that they sell in pet shops with fish departments.

The brand name escapes me, but it looks like cat litter. If you explain to the shop clerk what you are looking for, they should be able to help you out.

Oh yes, in addition, when this starts to lose effectiveness, you can recharge it by soaking in strong salt water.

hth

toK

Wiped Out

Staff member
Congrats on difficult child's tying his shoes!!!! I remember how excited my difficult child was when he first learned to tie his shoes!

As for stinky feet, every Friday in July when difficult child was camping overnight on Thursday, we dreaded picking him up because of his stinky feet! Talk about ripe, even having the window open doesn't help much!