Oh where is my hairbush?

susiestar

Roll With It
God is bigger than the boogy man! He's bigger than Godzilla or the Monsters on TV.(Jess sang that one from Cincinnati to St Louis one year!)

Can you get a new hairbrush at Stuff Mart?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
***???!

I'm not trying to be nasty, but to me it sounds like a disassociation party on the Watercooler.

What on earth are you all talking about?

susiestar

Roll With It
This is all a reference to a children's video series, Christian in theme, called Veggie Tales. Stories from the Bible and other stories that illustrate Christian principles are acted out by talking vegetables. Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber are the main veggies. Other characters include Junior Asparagus, Madame Blueberry, Laura the Carrot, etc.

A spin off of this has Larry the Cucumber being Larry boy - the Superhero. Larryboy has plungers on his ears!

they also have a spin-off series called 3 2 1 Penguins, but they are not as popular.

One of the benefits/problems with veggietales is that the songs are SO hard to get out of your head. But they are very entertaining to many kids (and to some adults)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Hmmm...I am an unreconstructed heathen of the highest order so that might explain why I don' t "get" this at all.

Thanks for the explo. I wasn't trying to be nasty; I literally thought an alternative reality had invaded the Watercooler and had no idea what was going on.

Knowing that it's a modern Christian fairy tale for children (and so inclined adults, apparently<G>), goes some ways towards explaining the whole thing.

I guess there's a lesson in here: don't sic talking religious vegetables on people on the autism spectrum. It confuses us and might mess up our diets, to boot!

susiestar

Roll With It
North - Your description of the veggies is a pretty good one. I am glad the explanation helped. The concept is a pretty strange one - talking, singing vegetables? But kids seem to like them and they sure don't promote violence.

It is a shame the dang songs are so catchy. I can't get them out of my head sometimes. Glad my kids are now all older than these appeal to (for the most part). The trip where husband drove Jessie from Cinci to Oklahoma and she sang one of the songs (God is bigger then the boogeyman song) from cinci to St Louis is still one of the longest drives husband ever took!

Glad to see you around - how are you doing these days? I have been thinking of you.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm doing reasonably well. I've been lurking but have been fighting some various health hassles that had me not feeling up to posting.

Plus, I'm coming off of several months of medication tweaking that had me fairly convinced that posting would probably get me in trouble.

I feel much safer now that Abbey is maintaining the corner though I dunno if there's enough room in there for both me and Star (I'm not a small critter, either).

Other than that and some financial hassles, things aren't too bad.

Star*

call 911........call 911
STAR IS NOT IN THE CORNER!
NOT IN THE CORNER!
NOT

I 'scaped......lol

and I'm running with vegetables.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You guys make me chuckle. No, Star...you ARE STILL IN YOUR CORNER. And, it's not mine. I already have a few folks in here.

Now take the vegies back. We need food here.

(ps...I have no earthly idea what this thread is about. Just jumping in.)

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey STAAR - YOU CAN'T CATCH ME!!! nyah nyah nyah!!!

I am running around with gooey chocolate fingers cause

I ATE THE BUNNY!!! the bunny OOO I ate the bunny!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH SUSIE STAR - here are some more bunnies..........

I'm not giving the veggies up, but WOULD like to see some marbles......I lost mine years ago.

Lothlorien

Off to the Stuff Mart to find Star's marbles and then I'm going to stop for a cheesburger...oh lovely cheesburger...I'll wait for you..oo, yeah I'll wait for you oo!

I have every last one of those videos.