Oh you guys are gonna LOVE this!

nvts

Alright: a quick up to dater:

difficult child 1 is back in the psychiatric hospital. upstate. He was explosive at the Comm. Residence, hurting himself so that he'd end up at the ER then over to the psychiatric ER. Turns out he's doing because he was told (by me) that if he or his sister ended up in the psychiatric hospital I won't come to visit. He figured if it was a physical illness/injury I'd come. Gotta love the way this kid thinks. By the time all was said and done, he was at the psychiatric ER every other day for 2 weeks. So we re-admitted to the psychiatric hospital.

Here's the "GONNA LOVE THIS" part:

OMRDD won't accept him because his cognitive scores are too high. This only allows him admission to OMH facilities. OMH facilities won't accept him because he's got Aspergers Syndrome which is on the autistic spectrum which is a DEVELOPMENTAL disability NOT a mental health issue.

They can't take him back to the CR because they can't help him. But NO ONE feels that he's in good enough shape to come home.

In the mean time, I ask AH to see if he can't get a little help from work (he works for an organization that word very, very closely with OMRDD) and he had more to say about my best friends daughter-in-laws "up and coming" boob job (via Facebook) than he's had to say about the whole difficult child 1 mess.

I swear on all that is good and holy that you can't make this stuff up.

In the immortal words of the great philosopher Daffy Duck (circa 1952) "I demand that you shoot me now!"

Ugh! :rollingpin::hangin:

JJJ

We have the same gaping holes in our state too. Just keep refusing to take him home. How close to the magic number is his IQ? I know with Kanga we are so close that the next time she completely falls apart, the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is going to retest her IQ in the (sad) hope that she drops those last few points.

nvts

JJJ, he's testing consistently at an IQ of 128. The major problem is the social skills/social awareness and immaturity (they figure he has the maturity of about a 6 or 7 year old at this stage of the game). So whenever he's in a social setting, he tries to "guage" the room and act like what he percieves the group to be willing to accept. If he gets fearful, the PTSD kicks in and he gets hyper, explosive and abusive.

I have to tell you - at this stage of the game, the insurance is going to kick him out of the psychiatric hospital. and I'll end up with him home and with no real supports at this point.

It's mind-boggling.

Beth

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Beth--

UGH!!! The whole system is so aggravating!!!!

Why don't you and your family come here and we can put BOTH difficult children on the magic-solution "Behavior Chart"

H

HaoZi

Oh geeze, can't win for losing. Makes you want to throw all the places into one conference call and make them sort it out.

nvts

JJJ - it's funded by SSI and Medicaid. It's an OMH Approved facility that was set up through CSPOA but privately owned.

Beth

JJJ

JJJ - it's funded by SSI and Medicaid. It's an OMH Approved facility that was set up through CSPOA but privately owned.

Beth

So, a govt funded placement and he is now too severe for them, so they are sending him home?????