Oh, you're not going to believe this

klmno

I was at the water co scheduling transfer for the move and get a call on my cell and it was about one of those jobs I applied for. I had to ask him to call me back in 30 mins but told him I'm still interested. I finished at the water co, ran home, and he should be calling any sec

T

TeDo

Crossing all body parts!! **sitting on edge of chair waiting oh so patiently**

T

TeDo

tick .... tock .... tick .... tock ..... I'm gonna fall off the end of my chair pretty soon and my limbs are pretzeling so they can't break my fall. HURRY UP phone. RRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG already!!!!

Sorry, I'm in one of those "silly" moods today.

klmno

OK, I got the call and the job sounds great- it's not here in this area of course. He talked about tthe job specifics (it's in my primary profession- not what I'm doing now so pay is in line with what I used to get paid), it's a permanent job, and he asked for references and used to work at the place I had worked at the longest. He seemed impressed that I remembered their phone number off the top of my head.

The down side- he said he had about 40 more resumes to work thru and call and see if people were still interested. He said it could be anywhere from 2-3 days to 4-6 weeks for him to make a decision. I told him I was scheduled to move out of this house I'm renting in a "week or two" and this could make a big difference for me.

I've applied for so many positions over the last few mos, I don't recall if this one covered relocation expenses or not. It sounded like I was one of the first he's called, good or bad or indifferent. I knew things would start moving again once the gov's fiscal year started. I would have rented a place on a mo to mo but couldn't find any place livable that would do that.

On top of this, I have air leaking out of a tire and have to find time to keep getting more air until I can block out a couple of hours to get back to Costco. Yes, Terry, when it rains it sure does pour! Now I have to regroup, go get air in my tire and get my rear to work.

TerryJ2

Sigh. Waiting is the hardest part!
But you know the old adage ... Good things come to those who wait. :)
Sorry about the tire.
Maybe after work? Before work? I don't know how late Costco is open.

T

TeDo

Ok, so are you telling me I need to keep pretzeling but don't have to sit at the end of my seat anymore? I really hope that by telling him you are moving and that this job would make a difference AND that you worked at a company where he might have "inside" sources to call for a quicker reference will help speed this whole thing along.

Adding praying and rattling!!

DDD

Good Grief. I still don't understand why life piles multiple issues in one short period. on the other hand, didn't you say that you had a release clause in your rental agreement? Yeah, I know hassle and deposits etc. are involved but seems like you were able to get some protection in your lease if I remember correctly. Even if he offers you the job in a week or two or more the chances are you will have to meet for an in person interview and you will have to give notice where you are etc. so try not to get too anxious. This may be a great opportunity or just an emotional flash in the pan. Time to repeat the Serenity Prayer! DDD

DammitJanet

Ok...hoping for the best. About the tire. Get some stop leak to put in until you can get it fixed so you dont have to keep putting air in it every couple of hours. works like a charm unless you have a big hole, then you need a plug. I could fix that too but Im not there...lol.

klmno

Thanks to everyone- for the support and good juju!!

I've now pushed it to the back of my mind since I spent the majority of the afternoon trying to get job IDs and badge updated- start of new fiscal year and end of last contract stuff. This particular job the guy called about would have been 4th to 5th on my list of favorites so I hope it works but am not going to worry too much if it doesn't. I'm trying to have faith that maybe it's for the best either way, given difficult child's upcoming release date. The guy had so many other resumes that it's unlikely I'll get the jobs, just due to odds of it.

I had a job interview with a private company about 8 mos ago and they checked my references (the same ones) and told me they were all good, so that shouldn't be a problem. It's the competition that might be- if someone from inside that agency is also applying for the job, especially.

I don't know that they would require a face to face interview. The fed gov agencies don't always do that. For one thing, most of the applicants aren't in the area so it's not feasible and for another, it does reduce intentional & unintentional discrimination and biasness in hiring not to meet face to face and go by verified credentials, experience, and references only. The job in HI a couple of years ago just gave me a phone interview, then proceeded with a tentative offer subject to the security clearance coming thru. I have the clearance now, which works in my favor for this job. A relocation would be involved, but not as drastic as going to HI.

Still, there is a point in that it could be 2-3 mos down the road before they need someone actually there working and I can't let this TH go and live in a hotel based on what I know today.

One day at a time, right?

InsaneCdn

Still, there is a point in that it could be 2-3 mos down the road before they need someone actually there working and I can't let this TH go and live in a hotel based on what I know today.

One day at a time, right?

You got it!

Of course, we're all here rooting for you... so if you need help with perspective, you know where to go.
(We like telling people where to go, right?)

keista

Yeah- but I just signed a lease yesterday and am sceduled to move on Sat.
Don't you just LOVE that pesky Murphy?

Keeping everything crossed in the hopes it all works out for you!