OHHHH This Made me So Mad!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So I posted yesterday that we were going to go look at potential rental homes today...

One house was in response to an ad I had placed on Craigslist. A gentleman had contacted me and asked all kinds of questions about our family and our dogs and what kind of house and whether his neighborhood would be a good location for us yadda, yadda, yadda....

Tells us he is in the process of buying a rental property--we sound like good tenants, blah, blah, blah...

Sends us to look at the place today, if we like it we'll make an arrangement.

Well, we LOVED it. House was great. Good neighborhood. Good schools.

Tell the guy we loved it and were prepared to give him a deposit--

He says "Whoa! You're way ahead of me.... I'm not even sure I'm gonna do this, I don't know if it's a good investment, I'm not convinced you'd be good tenants."

:mad::mad::mad:

O I'm so mad!!!!

Why would he do that to us??? I didn't contact him--he answered MY ad for a rental home! Why would you tell me to go look at the place? Why would you ask me all these stupid questions if you were just fooling around????

I just want to smack him!!!!

O and the other place we looked at? It was alright--except for all the mold and mildew. Looks like some issues with water leakage through the garage and poor ventilation in the bathrooms.

And now husband is so aggravated about the other place falling through that he thinks we should fill out the application for this place just so we have something. I can understand how he is feeling, but sheesh! I don't want to live in a house with those kinds of problems at the get-go.

He's thinking we can negotiate with the landlord to have the bathroom updated...

I'm so frustrated.

I need a drink !!!

Join me?

donna723

You have to be really careful when you're doing this, especially making deposits! There was a scam going around here where someone not even authorized to rent a place had taken deposits from dozens of people on the same house! And none of them got their money back.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
You have to be really careful when you're doing this, especially making deposits! There was a scam going around here where someone not even authorized to rent a place had taken deposits from dozens of people on the same house! And none of them got their money back.

O yes, we already ran into a few of those, too...

It's been frustrating.