OJ got nine years (minimum)

Jena

i agree totally. too late too little. but i'm so so so glad he's finally going to pay for all in which he has done. wow those poor kids.

klmno

There's always that possibility that he'll lose his temper on someone while under the watch of a guard and they'll find out what he's really like.....

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Now maybe the media will finally foget he exists for a while. The key is to not give him anymore tv coverage, what a loser. I cannot believe how he has allowed his entire life and career to deteriorate to such a degree. Ugh.

witzend

His sorry crying game at sentencing. "I just didn't know. I thought I was confronting friends." GAG! He'll either be one in solitary, or a cog in the wheel. No more Mr. Fancy (Bruno Magli "ugly a--") Shoes.

Lothlorien

A little too late for me as well. BUT, at least he did get sentenced to some jail time. He'll be worshipped in jail. This will not be that hard on him. He will not go to some maximum security penitentiary. He'll get a lot of priveledges that the average criminal wouldn't get and he has the money to pay off the guards to get whatever he wants. He'll still have a posse; they'll just be inmates. It's not his many mansions, but he'll still be living the high life, for him. He'll write a book again and make more money.

mstang67chic

Going Green
A little too late for me as well. BUT, at least he did get sentenced to some jail time. He'll be worshipped in jail. This will not be that hard on him.

I was thinking that myself and to a point, it may be true. But then two words popped into my head.

Nation

and

Aryan

Me thinks those ignoramuses aren't going to be some of his biggest fans.

I'm now thinking protective solitary or whatever they call it.

I too saw the clip this morning...."I'm sorry...I didn't know what I was doing was wrong....blah blah blah" *gag*

Yeah, um....you busted into a hotel room with GUNS but didn't know it was wrong? Arrogant idiot.

donna723

"He'll get a lot of priveledges that the average criminal wouldn't get and he has the money to pay off the guards to get whatever he wants. He'll still have a posse; they'll just be inmates."

This wouldn't happen if he were in the prison that I work in! And I'm even more sure that it wouldn't happen in a Federal prison either! When employees come in, everything you have with you is searched (even your lunch!) and then put through an X-ray machine. There are very few things we are allowed to bring in. You have to take your shoes and coat off and they go through the machine too. Then you have to walk through a metal detector and then be patted down. I have to go through this just to go to the admin. bldg. to check the mail. Every. Single. Time!

I very seriously doubt if he will ever be in the general prison population. Celebrity inmates amost never are because they become 'targets' for the other inmates. He will almost certainly be kept on protective custody the whole time he's there. That's for anyone that, for one reason or another, can't be out in the general population. It's pretty much the same thing as maximum security. They're in a cell by themselves in a separate high-security building with extremely restricted access. Only the most reliable, long-term employees work in these buildings. They're not even allowed to be out of the cell when another inmate is out. They're not allowed to have jobs to relieve the boredom like the other inmates because it's too high risk to have them out. They stay in the cell 23 hours a day with one hour exercise in a wire 'cage', and eat with plastic forks out of styrofoam trays. The cell will be 'shook down' almost daily for contraband and there's very few things they are allowed to have in the cell. They have nothing to do but read library books and if they're lucky and don't lose the privilege, they can have a little clear plastic 13" TV that they have to listen to with earphones.

Not exactly like strutting around on the golf course, hitting the night clubs, or eating in fancy restaurants. Not a very nice life. GOOD! I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than he does!!

Last edited:

witzend

I'm with Donna and Stang. There is a certain element in prison that doesn't appreciate what he apparently did to his beautiful blond ex-wife.

There are also certain people who would bask in the limelight of being "the one that killed The Juice."

He'll be segregated. He'll probably be in his cell at least 23 hours a day. I know that he will have enough money on his account to get a tv and cable, but that's it. And there's still a possibility someone will shank him if they get a chance. I'm sure that someone will figure that the Goldman family will finally get their money if he's dead. (Whether it's true or not.) He's an awful big target.

Sad and alone in a 6 x 8 cell for the rest of his life is about right for him. He won't know how to handle that at all.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad he got jail time. If bursting in with guns is how he treated "friends" then his "dream team" lawyers did an even better job than we thought at getting him off at his first trial.

it did not surprise me at all that he was arrested for another major crime. He deserves the solitary confinement of 23 hours in a cell all alone with books and maybe a tv. I am not at all certain he will have enough $$ to sustain his privileges for the entire sentence.

donna723

All that money (if he has any left) won't do him much good once he's in there because they're only allowed to keep a bare minimum of certain things in their cell anyway. In our system, we have a list of things they CAN have and everything else they CAN'T.

And most prisons have a TV system of sorts (when they're watching TV they're usually not getting in to trouble!) and they or their families have to buy the TVs. They have to buy special models through mail order - the case has to be clear plastic so they can't hide things in them. There's companies that manufacture this stuff specifically for prisons. The institution has a central receiver and each cell has hookups, but they can only get the local network channels - no ESPN, no HBO, no MTV - none of the goodies! This is the kind of system that just about every prison has.

And about having things 'smuggled in' by employees - it does happen but it's very rare, especially in a high security unit. And they work on three different shifts and different days off ... so even if the third shift guy managed to get something in to the inmate, the first or second shift guy would find it! Then the third shift guy would lose his job and the inmate would lose whatever privileges he had - including the TV! Doesn't happen very often!

Last edited: