OJ "news" on local TV

N

Nomad

I just saw something that broke my heart. OJ Simpson has a live in girl friend that looks alot like Nicole. Today, they showed her getting into her car...although she was trying to hide her face. She was badly bruised all over her face. She said she is going to spend some time at her mother's house according to the reporter who gave the entire report in an angry...slightly sarcastic tone. It is being reported as a "self inflicted" injury, but it is obviously suspicious and very sad.

meowbunny

I find it hard to understand how any woman could live with someone like OJ. Did she really believe he was innocent? He's had several domestic abuse charges filed against him -- before, during and after the death of his ex-wife.

I also find I have little sympathy for an idiot who would put herself in danger like that. OJ was a great talent on the football field, obviously lacks something in the "man area." Any woman foolish enough to try to be part of his life is asking for trouble.

A

AprilH

Has he been hung out to day for that stupid stunt he pulled in Vegas yet? Anybody know the status of that situation? Honestly, I think that guy has mental issues also, delusions, paranoia? The fact that he has gotten off for EVERY stupid thing he has done since killing his wife; that feeds into his machismo. He needs to be put away, not only for murder, but for pure, unadulterated STUPIDITY! What a piece of work!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
He has been blinded by his enormous ego. When you're a football hero, apparently, you can do no wrong and people literally want to do things for you and worship you. It's a sick society that we live in, isn't it?

Ironically, the museum stunt from last year has quietly disappeared from the papers. I haven't heard anything.

I wouldn't want to the look-alike girlfriend of a man who was accused of killing his ex wife. Ever. She needs mental help. And he should just be tortured to death. Slowly.

N

Nomad

I spoke with husband and his thought was that if you fell on your face, you would likely break your nose and this doesn't seem to be the case with this girl. Just many very bad/deep bruises. Aweful. I too was flabergasted and sickened (for lack of better words) when I heard of this girl dating OJ. But you hear of these things all the time. Women who write love letters to convicted murderers in prison, etc. The low self esteem...loneliness...poor judgement...it is heartbreaking. I just hope and pray that this girl sees the light and gets the mental health help she needs to get herself in a safe situation. With reference to OJ...well, maybe I'm just a grouch, but I hope he spends a lot of time in prison...and I have some thoughts very similar to JoG! UGH!

mom_in_training

I had heard about his girlfriend as well being all bruised seeking medical attention a couple weeks ago. I hope that she comes to her sences and gets out alive. Geeze sadly, She just might become a statistic just like nichole did. Its obvious that he has anger issues and Nichole would be the prime example as to just how out of control he can be.

"Ironically, the museum stunt from last year has quietly disappeared from the papers. I haven't heard anything."

I believe they are doing the pretrial right now. Allot of coverage on this on Court-Tv.

mom_in_training

You know who I have been wondering about is Phil Spector. That deal was supposed to be retried this year but I have heard nothing at all about it.

susiestar

Roll With It
OJ is a blight on the face of the Earth. I truly believe he should be slowly tortured to death. There is a murderer in one of JD Robb's (Nora Roberts) books, Creation in Death who slowly cuts, freezes, bruises, burns his victims until they just don't respond anymore. They he cuts their wrists. He is a very sick individual, even for a fictional character. I believe his methods would be a fitting justice for OJ.

But thats just my idea.

This woman will probably never get that fact that she is a stand in, or fits his victim profile, or whatever. She is probably blinded by the fact he is a "celebrity". I hope she gets out of the relationship, but she has to WANT that. Similar to an addict WANTING to get straight and sober. No one can make her, but I wish we could.

I hate people who abuse a weaker partner, or a child.

But the woman is making conscious choices, and we can only hope that someone gets through to her that this is a WRONG relationship.

Susie

susiestar

Roll With It
Here is news on Phil Spector. The judge wants the retrial to start in 6 months. Spector is looking for new attorneys and is interviewing 5 or 6 for the lead counsel position.

Ick. He also needs to be bup in jail.

Susie

mom_in_training

Thanks for that. Yikes!!!!! 6 months from now? Way tooooo long of a wait. Allot of time for him and his 26 year old honey thats in it for the money to celebrate his freedom. I am hoping that he gos down big time for what he has done. Geezo, Does he not have kids that are the same age as her or maybe even a lil older? Hmmmmm sick!!!! One thing that I dispise is not just the fact that these two individuals OJ & Phil) are walking the streets but the fact that they are with people that can be their own children age wise. To me thats pediphile!!! Sick, Sick, Sick...... Oh and I like the torture idea that I think should be imposed on both of these creeps.

witzend

OJ has had people getting him out of trouble since he was a high schooler. He was a thug then, and he's a thug now.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am disgusted by people who treat other human beings like property, like things to be tossed about and disposed of. I hope they both rot in he//.

meowbunny

I'm probably one of the few who actually feels sorry for OJ. He was never taught to be anything but what he is. His mother may have tried to give him consequences but society made sure he got none. We value those with natural talent too much. An athlete is feted and excused from a very young age. You can run fast? Good, run for the school, the team. You can't read or do math? That's okay, you can run, hit, throw or catch a ball. This doesn't start in high school. This starts in grade school with Pop Warner, Little League. How is a young man raised in a neighborhood where the local hero is the corner drug dealer or gang leader supposed to learn the values to behave by society's rules when he is taught the exact opposite?

I've seen this occur over and over and then we wonder and complain when an OJ murders two innocents or a Kobe Bryant rapes a girl and money and fan adulation get them off? Sorry, but OJ behaved according to the rules he learned. Yes, he is to blame but so is society as a whole for allowing him to go from grade to grade, incident to incident, violent act to violent act with nothing more than a mild slap on the hands, if that.

Barry Bonds was idolized not because he'd done anything good for the world, for San Francisco, for baseball but rather because he could hit a baseball. He is getting some vilification for using steroids even though when he used them it was not illegal and certainly not banned by baseball authorities. Being a power hitter, a long-time pitcher, a great runner was and is more important. Until we change our priorities, the OJs, the Bryants, et al. are going to be the norm -- boys who still think they're 5 years old and the rules apply to everyone but them.

The same is true of our entertainers -- always has been, probably always will be.

The rules of the average person don't apply to those with talent. They're told it over and over. Why shouldn't they come to believe it?

mom_in_training

"The rules of the average person don't apply to those with talent" Your right there but it is because they are put up on a pedistool by the media and people alike that dote over their talent. Talented or not does not excuse bad choices though and I think that they should be punished according to the laws that are in place that we untalented unfamous people have to endure when we break the law. I see what your saying though. Another infamous loser is Tyson. Unbelievable, He can be convicted of rape do prison time and god knows what else but for whatever reason hes still accepted after the fact. Its like people just have a way of brushing off the horrendous crimes that these people have done and just move on like it never happened. Blows me away.....

F

flutterbee

It reminds me of the line Renee Zelleweger's character says in 'Cold Mountain':

"...they create the weather, then say sh!it! it's raining.'

Society creates it, then is shocked at the outcome.

I'm so over OJ - and everyone like him - and anything he does.