Ok all you puppy lovers out there...need help

DammitJanet

Oh that would work! I already have one of those stakes and it is leaning against my trailer...lol. We got it for a big dog who promptly pulled the darned thing up! LOL.

This little girl isnt big enough to that ...... yet! I doubt she will be either. I can go get a cable and put that on there this weekend. Good thing too. She now will only go out and potty for me! Billy took her out just a few minutes ago and she wouldnt perform for him but then I went out without him and right away she did it for me...lol. My voice maybe?

HA! They always know who they belong to. Maybe she knows he really would prefer she be an outside doggie and she's expressing opinion??

Sounds like you won't have any trouble with the stake coming out of the ground with your dog, but I did at one point have a super duty stake in my backyard before I got my fence. I remember how hard I worked to get it hammered into the ground. I think it was labeled as good to 250 pounds! I didn't need that, of course, but as I recall, it was the only one I could find at Walmart that particular day, that would work for a dog in their weight range.

After I got the fence, I didn't need the stake anymore, and so I asked the guys who did the fence, if they would do me a favor and get rid of it. No problem, they said, they'd just hook it to their pick-up and pull it out. No. The chain broke instead, and it was one heavy duty chain! So, that stake is now a permanent fixture in my backyard. They did hammer it below the surface so I wouldn't be bothered with it, though.

Good luck with Nina! It sounds like you are well on your way to housebreaking her.