OK, Bachelorette fans....what do you think?

DDD

I stayed awake straight to the end and found it very interesting. Fingers crossed that they live happily ever after. by the way, didn't she look lovely sans all the makeup etc.?? DDD

Tiapet

Old Hand
I liked the show and was pleasantly surprised that what I knew was not exactly right in the way it played out! I mean it was right over all but wrong in how it played out. I can see how it got all tangled up now however. Still.

Starting with the date with Jef - I loved their date on the beach and how she just decided to go for it and introduce her daughter. I really thought that was the right thing to do because back in the beginning I said I thought Jef was the right one for her (other then Sean though I thought he seemed a bit too "perfect"). The seemed to always have fun together, be able to me "kid like" and Jef was ALWAYS thinking about little Ricki, unlike most of the other guys So much so that he was the only one that got a gift for her by actually running back in and getting her the marionette. When Jef met up with her daughter I thought that worked well and was also very cute scene. What I thought was not a good thing was the jumping from the bridge. Why would they want to promote that? I'm sure you are not suppose to do that and why would they want a child, especially, to be doing that? In any case, the awkward moment I thought came when Jef asked Ricki about the Marionette and Emily hadn't even given it to her yet! ~crickets anyone~ LOL

Now on to the Arie date - Her walking in very somber as she dreaded this non-date was very telling but then she walks up and kisses him? I didn't think that was right and very misleading. Maybe I'm wrong but that's just me. Then the whole love potion thing. I'm surprised she didn't get right to it but then she did struggle with it. She had always been able to be fairly direct before. She really didn't know how or what to say and when the rehash time came in the live show she seemed to just say the same thing to him yet again even thought she said she felt she wanted and needed to say more. The only thing I think she said different was that she needed to be more direct and she learned that. Did anyone catch anything different that maybe I missed?

As for the ending proposal, I caught an editing goof, did anyone else? When he proposed to her the little black table in the background where she had put the rose on it wasn't there. Then in the end when she gives in the rose it suddenly was again! They had to go back and redo it I'm sure because of that. They probably got all caught up in the moment or just the way they pieced it together.

They definitely look like they very may well work out so it seems from my view point, like Tristan and Ryan. All the pictures they showed from their "outtings" together all show a very happy family to me. Usually you can spot someone's face not looking so happy but they all were smiling and happy. Just they way they interacted and such seems very much real. And Chris, let's not forget about Chris. Chris had this big smile and twinkle in his eye like a proud Pappa. Like it was HIS daughter that got engaged and he couldn't be more happy and proud for them. Like he has a vested interest in them. I don't think I've ever seen that in him or his eyes before in any other couples. It really was interesting.

Well, that's my take on it. I really do hope they last and all of it is real. I hope none of the junk I read that was about Emily was true because I like what I saw.

exhausted

Was very pleasantly surprized at the class she showed in handling Arie. Still can't stand how she babies that little girl and how the girl talks like a baby. The whole stuffed animal thing made me sick-she's almost in second grade! She's not four.

I do like them together-seem happy. I loved her mother's comment about "she likes to be taken care of"-she tried to deny it but mom knows best! She does seem high maintenance to me!

Jody

I liked the ending. I agree with the baby talk, but look where it was coming from. Emily really talks baby talk when she was letting a guy go and the crying and tears come on. She wants them to make her feel better after she has dumped them. I do like her though, i am a little confused at times with her. I just hope Emily talks Jeff into doing something with his hair, that drove me more nuts than anything.

DDD

I can't remember what exact word she used but I thought it was significant. Comparing the two she said "I feel secure" or "I feel confident" with Jef. I would guess that was a big influence in her decision. Jef is financially stable (or better?), his family is evidently faithbased and structured and he is obviously more educated/sophisticated than Emily and her Mom. I'm one of those who is sensitive to grammatical errors and none came out of Jef's mouth...lol.

Seems like they have a good chance of finding a life together. by the way, didn't Jillian look a bit old? LOL DDD

Nancy

Yay I'm thrilled on many levels including the fact that all those rumors were wrong including the one that she and Chris had a thing together. I liked Jef much more at the end than I did any other time and I think they editted a lot of him out to keep us guessing. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who really does understand that Ricky is the most important person in Emily's life and isn't threatened by that. He also refers to her as his "daughter" while Arie referred to her as his "stepdaughter". I don't think that was lost on Emily.

I'm glad Emily didn't go on the final date with Arie and thought the way she handled it was very sensitive. I got that Emily thinks she should have made it clear to Arie that she was really in love with Jeff, not just confident about him. It may have led him to believe she wasn't sure how he felt about her and that's why he wanted her to read his journal so she would know. I think her not reading his journal showed a lot of class and was the right thing to do.

The fact that Jef is willing to move to Charlotte endeared me to him more, he understands how hard it would be to uproot Ricky and I just couldn't see Emily doing that. He is fortunate to be able to work from anywhere. And how perfect that they are both going to make a mission trip to Africa, something that is near and dear to both of them.

Everything I saw last night makes me glad they found each other and wishing them many many years of happiness.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Okay, Nancy, you win. I actually liked Emily last night and think that she and Jef really love each other. I told easy child that this might be the couple that finally makes it down the aisle. Last night's rose ceremony couldn't have been any more different than the one with Brad. I agree that Jef showed great maturity when it came to considering Ricki's best interest as to where they should live initially. I like that he is getting his own place and that they are taking it slow. I still think they will end up moving back to Utah if and when they get married. I do wonder, though, about whether religion will become an issue for them in the future.

Realitysteve got it right. He said that she picked Jef and they got engaged in Curacao and to ignore the rest of the stuff coming out of the tabloids. He is backing off his statement, though, that he is 100% sure that Roberto is going to be the next bachelor and now says Sean will be the bachelor if Roberto backs out. We will see.

~Kathy

Nancy

I wasn't trying to win, just saw something in Emily that others didn't. I don't read reality Steve, seems he backs off when he knows he's gonna be wrong to up his percentages.

I was sure they would not move in together. She wouldn't even stay in the fantasy suite with anyone and I'm sure his strict religion would look down on that.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hi gang,

I've been traveling today so am happy to see the conversation has started. I enjoyed the show last night and am glad she chose Jef instead of Arie. They seemed much more genuine "in love" together in the After the Rose show than during the regular show so I wish them well!

Suz