Ok, how can you put someone that is nice off

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
My easy child's step mom is one of the nicest people on the planet. That said she is also one of the most annoying. I am not sure how ummm I am trying to think of a tactful way to say this but it isn't working.....bright she is. I hate getting on the phone with her because you can't get back off. But I am not the type of person that can just be rude. She repeats questions that I have answered a bunch of times and that easy child has answered. But she asks again. She has always been like this or I might think it was early onset alzhiemers or something.

Then half the time I wonder if ex tells her stuff or not because I will make the arrangements for when easy child will come out to visit and then the wife calls to find out when easy child is getting in. What I want to say is "ask your husband" but she is too darn nice for me to be snarky with. And I am assured it isn't an act as easy child avoids getting on the phone with her too.

She makes easy child crazy also. And truthfully I don't know what to tell her to do about the situation as I sit here myself trying to figure it out.

Can you tell I just got off the phone with her? My head hurts everytime. From what easy child says she doesn't make decisions or anything either. She lets ex or her mom make them all. Probably one of the reasons that ex is with her. Someone he can push around.

But what do you do when you don't want to be rude but you forget to look at the darn caller id and get stuck on the call that you don't want to be on. I mean I am grateful she is interested in easy child. I much prefer that than what could be the case. I can stand up to mean people all day. How do I extricate myself from someone nice?

beth

tiredmommy

*Gosh, XXX, my neighbor is at the door. I gotta go!
*Oh no! A pot just boiled over. Gotta go!
*There are stray cats fighting out back. Gotta go!
*I've got to cut this short because the phone's battery is dying.
And when you're real desperate:
*Sorry I can't talk now, I've got the stomach flu. (followed by puking noises)

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I will copy and print those. Why is it so simple for others to think of these things but when the situation crops up I can't think for myself.

beth

mstang67chic

Going Green
Another thought....does she have an email addy? If her questions are mainly about easy child's schedule, you could always email it to her so she has it right there if she forgets or has a question.

Star*

call 911........call 911
:surprise: Crumbling a candy wrapper into the receiver and holding the phone out arms length and yelling "Hello? Hello? If this is a prank call I'm hanging up and phoning the police." (dude taught me the candy wrapper thing ) lol

I've found that saying things like:

HI - Look, I'm sorry, but I don't have a lot of time for a long call - can I help you with something quickly? Makes the other person get to the point and then you can say - "I've got about 1 more minute - we need to wrap this up." works nicely.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I usually just say I'm in the middle of something and will have to chat later. They don't have to know it's the middle of my livingroom, or the middle of the day, or the middle of my life.