OK I decided on dinner now husband is drivingme nuts!

rejectedmom

I was all set to buy the lamb and husband tells me that he doesn't like it. WHAT???? He used to rave over my mother's lamb. He says he lied! UG! So I bought Cornish game hens and am just doing them up with rice pilaf and fresh asperagas, baby carrots and a salad. Fine that is settled

Anyway husband told me that he would vacuum for me while I did all the other things like shopping and food prep etc. He didn't do it yesterday said that the dog would just messit up..OK. Now it is almost ten and commpany arrives at 2 dinner takes an hour to cook and prep is another half hour.
He hasn't done it and when I (very politely even though I was raging inside) asked why not he said he ws waiting for me to cook!?????//

I said no, I need you to finish the kitchen SO I CAN COOK! I'm upstairs getting showered and dressed before I cook now. Usually I do it afterwards so I am fresh when the company arrives. 37 years and he still doesn't know the drill? I still have to spell it all out? Come on gimme a break!!!!!! Well i'm hopping into the shower now I just needed to vent LOL! -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Do you have a hammer handy?? You could give him a couple of whacks to see if it makes the drill stick for next year. lol

I know what you mean. I think this is a typical man thing. husband has always done it to me......and easy child was about to have a breakdown because her husband pulled it on her. And he's not usually like that. I avoided it this year because easy child did the dinner instead of me.

Hugs

jbrain

Rm,
that really made me smile when I read he lied about the lamb! I hope you enjoy the Cornish hens--I would definitely rather have them than lamb!
Jane

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Men are oblivious to schedules and how stressful it is to host a meal. sheesh. I hope he gets off his keester and vacuums while you are in the shower.

Your menu sounds delicious, RM. Have a huge glass of wine and make a toast to yourself that you were able to refrain from smacking husband upside the head today.

Suz :wine:

Andy

Our kids get it from their dads! When husband is behaving like this all I can think about is, why do I expect things from the kids when husband can't even do the simple things right? And when difficult child is frustrating me, I think I have to be patient because after all, he is growing up to be a man somethings just will not happen.

I hope all went well.

rejectedmom

Well he got it done ( not well... but done) and dinner was prepared and in the oven. I poured myself a glass of wine and was relaxing when easy child 1 called to say she was going to be late. They went to her mother in law this morning and when they left there noticed that a tire was low on air. Instead of stopping at the next gas station along the way they went home to use their own air compressor. Is air really that expensive that THEY COULDN'T GET IT AT THE GAS STATION? COME ON THIS GUY MAKES OVEr 100K A YEAR!

So now I have to stop the hens so they aren't dried out and icky. And difficult child was early. I have husband keeping him busy so I don't have to worry about him getting into stuff he shouldn't (like the wine and the dessert). I'm hiding inthe office with another glass of.....WATER. Ha! I had you that time!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah company! And they wonder why I don't do this more often LOL! -RM

DDD

husband's are men.........God Forbid. I have always loved men but darn I don't like being married to one! ;)

I could add a story "if you think that is bad let me tell you" but I won't. My
husband is a wonderful, kind man who loves me to death. The problem is that he is a male and simply can't or won't grasp that having company involves prep long before the doorbell rings!

You've got my sympathy. DDD

Abbey

Spork Queen
All I can say is better you than me. My sympathies. (snort)

I'm sure all will turn out wonderful.

ps...I could loan you my new spork

Abbey

rejectedmom

Thanks DDD for your wisdom and sympathy

Abbey, I could use that spork for the leftover dessert LOL!

Dinner was nice and the birds were done just right. I did forget to start the rice on time but I just let it go and we did without. Heck if you get me off my mark, I am bound to fumble a bit. But a good recovery was to be had.

difficult child started with his drama but no one fed into it so that was good. He left early because he was having "problems with his addiction" He had to call his sponsor during dinner. I can only guess it was because husband and I and easy child 1 and her husband had a glass of wine. Oh well his problem not mine. We have done without at all occasions since difficult child got out last August. It is time he learned that life goes on for those of us who do not have addictions. I could never have another glass of wine till the day I die and it wouldn't guarantee that he would stay sober. No guilt here.

husband didn't lift a finger after the vacumming as expected but difficult child and my two easy child's helped out with the clean-up.

My difficult child 1 just came for dessert and she had the baby so she let us wait on her. She has always been good at that LOL.

I didn't get many pictures but I guess that is to be expected. One person can't set the table, cook, serve,clear and do photography also. I think I got one good one of each grandchild so that is enough for me.

I hope everyone had a nice day and I wish you all a spring filled with wonderous things! -RM