OK, I need help and quick.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I just wanted to add that when easy child came up with this line of reasoning for a bit I explained that like both houses have different rules they also have different things that money is spent on. It doesn't make one better or worse it just means that they are different. OF course then I would pull out all I could and say plus that makes her special because she has two households that are trying to do things for her. Or something of that sort. I know it was hard to give credit to the other side but it made me out to look better in the long run and made easy child feel special. I don't know if that would work for Tink but it might.

Hugs
Beth

K

Kjs

I'm sorry. I know the feeling. Although the kids have never said that. We are not divorced, but with circumstances that have happened we cannot always get things they want.
difficult child's very best friend for years made a comment. They lived across the street since the kids were born. Three years ago the parents were divorced. Moved away. They still visited and the parents were doing the "one up" on each other. difficult child told him he was lucky he got so many things. Friend said "yea, but I'Learning Disability (LD) rather have my parents still together". The gifts really mean nothing. maybe in the moment they do but long term - nothing.
The point I am getting at is the fact that you, Michelle and ex all seem to communicate and get along where the kids are concerned. Not all families are that lucky. Tink will be able to brag of her parents/family. That is more valuable than any gift.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I was Tink... I remember that oh so well..My Dad would only come around once in awhile after he was out of Prison... he got me this little jar, and would fill it with change. He also bought me this yellow princess dress... he also had a Miss Sparkle Fannie girlfriend. (She was not on welfare, nor BiPolar (BP), nor pregnant...) like my Mom...
How could my Mom compete with that??? I would come home and just let her have it... I was horrible. I was 5... Mostly I was afraid he was going to disappear again. He did. I never saw that little change jar again, I held on to that stupid dress for a long time.... I hated my Mom because she could not give me a jar full of change.

Kids are weird and shallow, and full of fears... Mom's are Boring... LAME...
Even now I try so hard to make K and N work for their little things they get... see the value in things.
And then Grandma goes and sends them a ton of junk!!! What can I do??? I just try to explain it all. K seems to get it. N on the other hand?!?!? N~ I will ask Grandma to buy it!!!
(As I am thinking I am going to dump all of this cr@p into the stinking garbage!)

I think the "I hate you's' are going to much worse for a lot of us in the near future... it is the age and the the difficult child combo!!!

YEAH!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
TOTO

That is absolutely the most VIVID and ACCURATE account of a mother vs. a child I've ever read. I love it. Printing it out. Keeps you humble and gives you a new perspective to help keep you straight.

Apparently I do NOT hang the moon - I'm only one Star. lol

'Chelle

Is this something about being 7 and a girl? My easy child is the same way about wanting things. It's usually her friends' moms are able to get her friends x, y, z, and easy child only has a, b, c. I've taken to just telling her that it's nice her friends moms have lots of money to buy them so much stuff, and yes it's too bad around our house money is sometimes limited to what we need. And if she goes on I set it on repeat, and she usually lets it go fairly quickly. Getting mad at her for it doesn't do any good, tried that too.