OK - I need some beads rattled - 2 reasons!

busywend

1.) difficult child is taking her 3rd driving test on Friday. Please, please cross everything you have and pray or chant or whatever you do that usually works around here! LOL! She REALLY needs this! AND she IS a good driver so there is not reason she should not be allowed to.

2.) I have gotten blood work results of low Potassium. Please pray that I can get this under control as from what I read it can be fatal! So, I am doing everything I can to increase my Potassium levels. No wonder I have been feeling so run down and weak lately! I thought it was just being busy and being old!

Thanks in advance for everything you can do! Honestly, I am more worried about difficult child than me!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beads rattling for you. Bananas, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, avacados I believe all have high levels of potassium.

Good thoughts for difficult child & her driving test.

nvts

Rattling beads for you!

Make sure that she just stays cool during the test. Don't think of it as a test, think of it as proving the other guys wrong for not passing her the first time around.

Look into what's eating at your potassium as it could mean that your electrolytes are all out of whack - blood tests should help you out on that search!

Rattling, rattling, rattling!

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Beads rattling prayers being said.

difficult child may have a case of nerves giving her issues with the driving test. See if you can think of some things to help her relax. I told Nichole to think of boyfriend's dad being in the car (he's the one who taught her to drive) instead of the examiner. Cuz first time around her nerves got the better of her and she was furious with herself.

Hope you can get those potassium levels up. Nope not something you want to neglect for sure.

Let us know how it goes.

Hugs

trinityroyal

Rattling, crossing and dancing.

For difficult child's driving test, I think Lisa's advice is great. Another technique I remember from dance competitions is to visualize yourself succeeding. If difficult child can imagine herself in the driver's test executing each skill perfectly and passing with flying colours, then she has a better chance of doing so for real.

With regard to your potassium levels, it is worth getting your electrolytes checked. Also, bananas, sweet potatoes, avocadoes. There are some good supplements out there too.

Trinity

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Oranges are also rich in potassium. I would check with your doctor for recommendations regarding taking OTC potassium and having your renal function checked.

crazymama30

Sending good vibes and prayers your way. They can give you oral potassium supplements that will help, but I would be more concerned with why they are low. Do you take water pills, sometimes like lasix? They are notorius for that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dragging out the ole Witch-Doctor costume as I'm not permitted to dance nekid in the moon light anymore....

Umbagomuba....Warbagle.....Umbagoumba....Warbagle...WORRRRBOGLE....UMBAGgouba

WOOGIE WOOGIE.....WARBAGLE.....WOOGIE BOOGIE......

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE.......

:tongue:

(tosses vegetables back to Timer) WARBAGLE!!!!!!!! ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I was gonna say what CM said --my dad takes two diuretics for his CHF and it got his potassium waaaaay out of whack to where he had to be hospitalized. He was very tired, confused, memory problems, too. Don't mess around with it as you can have heart arrythmias from it too.

Hope she passes that test and that you figure out whatsup with your potassium...

busywend

Thanks everyone! Keep on shaking and rattling!

Yes, I do take HCTZ for my high blood pressure. It really helps with the water retention. That is why I go for the blood work ever so often to make sure the Potassium is not low. This time it was. My doctor switched the medications to HCTZ with Triamterene - which helps you keep the Potassium you have. So, I also have to beef up the Potassium intake. She recommended that I not try to do it with a vitamin or supplement. Says it gets in the body faster via foods rich in Potassium. I had 2 bananas yesterday and I have four more waiting for me at my desk today.
I start the new medication today so I hope it works and I start feeling better soon. I am very weak and my muscles are like jello. Makes it hard to do anything.

difficult child is nervous for tomorrow - keeping my fingers crossed!