ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Gotta love a well marinated toilet! LOL! Oddly, I find that playing Balkan Gypsy music full blast helps keep me going in my cleaning frenzy, unfortunately, I'm the only one in this family who actually likes Gypsy music, so I have to be alone to do the work, which is infrequent SINCE husband IS RETIRED!!! ARGH!

trinityroyal

ThreeShadows, there might just be a strategy in that...

If the others won't help you clean, then you get to play all the Balkan Gypsy music you like while you clean on your timetable. If they want to pitch in and help, then perhaps they get to offer up an opinion on the musical selection...

DDD

Janet...if they won't wash anything in the kitchen then make it all throw away. Only use heavy duty foil for baking & broiling and disposable microwave products. If they want good old homecooking they have to promise to clean it ALL up before the cooking starts.

Actually, I use heavy duty foil in the oven probably over half the time. It works like a charm when you double it for strength and make secure edges all around. It is wonderful as a timesaver. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh wow, I know how this works… I did dishes yesterday evening… When I got up this morning the sink was FULL! Never mind that the dishwasher is empty. difficult child 2 is at BM’s, husband was asleep, so that leaves… One… Person… difficult child 1! I know it wasn’t the cats or dog. They don’t like tomato soup.

I did get difficult child 1 to help with the litter boxes Saturday – there are two, one upstairs, one down. I told her to get the one downstairs, so what does she do – grabs the one upstairs! Well the joke was on her. These boxes do not get changed often enough. I nag till I am blue in the face. So what happened upstairs… The cats peed on the floor around the box… And it’s been scooped in place for about a week (NOT ME ‘cause I sweep too)… The urine got under the box and fermented. So it’s a plastic box… All wet on the bottom… She almost threw up. So did I. Between the Lysol, sweep, mop, mop, mop, mop, mop… It still reeks but at least I have to go into that room to smell it now. That litter box hasn’t gone back in yet. Not till I get it smelling neutral. EWWWWWWWW! But now she agrees we need to change them more often! You should have seen her frantically cleaning the box so she could go SHOWER!

The kitchen is a lost cause. I do it about every two weeks – stove, counters, dishes, sweep, mop – fridge and microwave about every 6 weeks… Maybe.

Janet, you are really, really brave. Do this – cook on foil – serve everyone else on really cheap paper – you get real dishes ‘cause you’re doing the work anyway! Better yet, cook for you. If they won’t do the dishes, they don’t get to eat…

Star*

call 911........call 911
Print this - and post all over your kitchen

IF YOU DON"T CLEAN UP
AFTER YOURSELF
YOUR AUNTI STAR
WILL COME UP HERE
AND KICK YALL OUT

Momma worked VERY
VERY VERY HARD
CLEANING
KEEP IT THAT WAY
....or else.........

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My mom used to have this sign in her lab... It's now in my office at home:

YOUR MOTHER DOES NOT WORK HERE
YOU WILL HAVE TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF
YOU MESS UP, YOU CLEAN UP

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I got the dishes done........and my back went out again on me. What is up with that?? I don't have back problems people!! Do have to say Nichole helped some. And she got a cooking lesson cuz by that time Mom was down for the count. So tonite she learned to fry chicken and make country gravy. lol

She even cleared off the dishes and rinsed them so they'd be easier to do in the morning. Too hot after all that cooking.

So now I dunno if I'll be up to cleaning tomorrow or not. This back thing is grating on my last nerve........no pun intended. grrrr

DammitJanet

Maybe my back is migrating over the internet...lol. I swear yesterday I could hardly walk I was in such bad pain. I could work for maybe two minutes then had to lie down for 30. I would wash maybe three dishes then be back on the couch.

Later in the day I got half my room picked up. Hopefully today I can get to the other half. It just wasnt happening yesterday. Im fixing to take Billy to his doctor's appointment in a little bit. He has been complaining for forever that he has no doctor he can go see so I made him an appointment with a sliding scale clinic a month ago and got him the paperwork...today is the appointment. Its at an ungodly 8:20 am. Then he has to go to work. He really isnt sick but I made a first appointment to get him in so he has a place he can call get worked in when he IS sick.

DDD

Please be careful. Doing so much in such a short period of time is awesome and makes you feel emotionally better...but your physical health just had to be number one. DDD