ok, Ladies- 2 more furniture questions

klmno

Sort of furniture questions, I guess.....

First, I found a console table like I wanted for sell on crai***ist and bought it tonight along with a new tv. I got a great deal on both and the console table has 2 shelves behind glass doors which is exactly what i wanted. I can put stuff I wanted to display on the top shelf and still keep it from getting dusty and put the cable box on the bottom shelf. So the first question is, will the remote control work on the cable box thru a glass door?

The sencond question is, what kind of slip-cover do you buy to completely cover a reclining sofa and still be able to use the recliner function?

I suppose I should have thought of these things before but I didn't. I'm thinking if worse comes to worse, I can get 2 throws and use one on each side of the reclining sofa and just tuck it in well when not being reclined. (It's only in 2 sections so there are two 3' wide recliner sections with no section in between.)

keista

Yes, remote will work through the glass doors.

Slipcover? reclining sofa? Good Luck! I got slipcovers for mine last year, and they would be perfect except for one thing. Reclining sofas have high backs, and slipcovers are generally made for lower backed sofas. Go with the throws. Even if you found appropriate slipcovers, they would cost more than a decent used couch.

H

HaoZi

If the reclining part has separate cushions, you can slipcover those by themselves when it's open and if need be tuck in the extra when you close it. I'd likely just throw a big soft blanket on it, though. Cheaper, softer, and way easier to change the color scheme.

And yes, the remote will work through glass.

klmno

Slipcovers because I have 2 dogs approximately 11 years old each, hairy lhasa apsos.....I couldn't afford to replace my leather furniture (which killed me to sell by the way) so I bought the microfiber. It might be really comfortable but it appears to me to be a magnet for dog hair- even with dogs that don't technically shed. And I caved to my favorite color- burgandy- with one predominately black dog and one predominately white dog. Yes, I actually made this choice.....

klmno

That's what I'm thinking- I might even start with an inexpensive set of king sized sheets and tuck in any edges that make it obvious they are sheets. LOL!

DDD

Your post reminds me I need to wash the chair sheets tomorrow. I've been using them two weeks...probably already loaded with Ace hair and scent. by the way I bought the cheapest sheets I could find figuring they would be rougher and denser and therefore more protection. Not. Since they were for chairs I got twins and they are small and I have no idea what the thread count is but I have dishtowels that are alot thicker. Sigh. on the other hand it will be easy to toss them in the washer, lol. DDD

klmno

Hospital sheets hold up forever- I used to have 2 sets and used them for evything under the sun except on a bed for years...then they finally wore out after they were used about 3 years in a row for pulling shrub trimmings to the curb. Of course, the color selection is minimal- hospital green or white. They are hard to get a hold of though.

H

HaoZi

These days you should be able to find a medical supplier online and maybe even get them in a variety of colors. I'm sure they have hospital grade sheets available for patients with in-home care, etc.