ok Mom's with difficult children who have cell phones....

Tiapet

Old Hand
I recall some of you who have programs/apps that keylog or do very specific things to watch over what they are doing. Some of you also found apps that do things that are fun. While I could research very easily and probably find them myself, I want some tried and true ones that you all have been using for your difficult children. Especially the ones that log the text messages.

I'm going to go out on a limb for middle difficult children birthday and give her a cell but it will have parental lock downs so she can only be on certain times, numbers, etc. What I can do until I hear back from you all is log what her activity is. She will not be able to access internet or send pictures either. She likes to play games too.

So shoot away with your advise and opinions on what you've done or used and what works, I'm listening! :)

buddy

is it an i phone or android?

if android when I get back I will share some of what I put on our stuff...

Tiapet

Old Hand
It's not going to be a smart phone as that can not be locked down with parental controls or many of the other features like blocking internet and pictures in text. I'm not sure what the OS will be, if any but if it does I tend to go with android always. So I would say android. I didn't think they had OS unless they were smart phones actually. I better go check again. lol

greenrene

I'd be interested in knowing some iphone apps for things like that, specifically texting. difficult child just got her phone back after a loooong grounding for deleting texts with boys.

DammitJanet

If you are even talking android it is a smartphone. If you are considering a phone that you want to lockdown for a difficult child, consider kajeet. That is the next one I am getting for Keyana because she will soon be able to type so will be able to text.

I'm very interested to see what is available for android phones as well. That's what my difficult child has. Also, it would be good to see if there was a way to hide the fact that the app was even on the phone in the first place.