OK, now MY stupid pet peeve

And it is literally a pet peeve.

Coco, whom we determined is "my" kitty (Ginger is Tink's kitteh but only because instead of hating Tink like Coco does, she is only scared to death of Tink) has taken to sleeping on my bed. It's kinda cute. She sits next to the bed while I play around on the puter, and as soon as I get up and change into my jammies, she hops on the bed.

Then she starts licking herself.

Now, I've had cats my whole life, and I know a cat's gotta lick. I've never in my life heard any cat sound so utterly disgusting when they lick than this silly cat. The slurping noises sound almost...obscene. They are so loud. I try to ignore it but it makes my skin crawl. Yeesh I'm getting the creeps thinking about it.

Stupid cat has ALL DAY to lick. Nooo she waits until she is 4" from my head.
:sick:

Lothlorien

I think I've got a worse problem....a yorkie who licks husband incessantly. She actually growls if he doesn't take his socks off when he sits, so she can lick him. She doesn't know what to do with herself if he doesn't sit on the couch to watch tv after dinner. She's obnoxious about it.

AND those noises are just as disgusting....bordering on obscene! If he pushes her away, she'll start on the other leg. I cannot watch tv or have a conversation with him when she does that.

I feel for ya, BBK.

donna723

Ragan, my oldest Boston, used to use a blanket like a pacifier but she finally quit when she was about a year old. She'd make the loudest, grossest smacking, slurping sounds! She only s*cked the satin binding on the edges of the blanket. She'd fold it into a point and hold it between her paws and s*ck on it.

Now she just licks and licks and licks until there's big slimey wet spots on everything.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
BBK, it could be worse.

She could be parking in your face and trying to lick your lips off.

My Jake doesn't make too much noise licking, but between his "eskimo kisses" and his "face washing" bouts, it gets a tad damp and slimy out here.

And, if I push him away he goes after the dog (who does his best to ignore the whole thing)

SRL

Ragan, my oldest Boston, used to use a blanket like a pacifier but she finally quit when she was about a year old. She'd make the loudest, grossest smacking, slurping sounds! She only s*cked the satin binding on the edges of the blanket. She'd fold it into a point and hold it between her paws and s*ck on it.

I had an orphan kitten who would do this, and now as a grown cat will still s*ck and knead. But only on fleece blankets or pillows. I understand it's common in orphans or cats that were parted from mama before they were ready.

BBK, my cat isn't a lap cat at all but lately he's taken to sleeping with me. He crawls up in the wee hours and wedges himself between my legs...and then commences to give himself a bath. He's very quiet about it all but he's nearly 20 pounds so it's not exactly stealthy.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
well I have a dog who's facinated with licking his male organ and passes gas like an 80 year old man who' eaten chili!

rejectedmom

I have a Basset hound who makes lots of noise when he licks due to the jowels. I have trained him to go into the other room to do this. Now if only I could get him to wait until he is outside to shake and not throw slobber all over my walls LOL -RM

Star*

call 911........call 911
gvc mom - OMG ROLLING OF THE FLOOR LICKING MY TOOTSIE POP....

Fran.....Oh my goodness, I fell out of my chair......laughing.....

Kitteh - I grabbed my Merck manual on veterinary jabber and it says that licking incessantly (sp) is a form of feline or canine Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

Don't that just figure.

Try putting a spot of honey on her fur or butter on her legs just before YOU go to bed. Maybe she'll be pacified by the time she reaches your bed.