Ok, people are really getting gross...

susiestar

Roll With It
Beth, it is time to tell the friend that the geezer is a creep. Itsounds like she is trying to get you to date this guy. That is what HER comments say to me. I am not sure why she would think that you would have any interest in a man in his sixties, esp not one who is an alcoholic with bad manners. Chances are he is pressuring her to urge you to "date" him. It is time to tell him that you are not interested in him at all. It is also time to tell your friend that she may think he is a great guy, but you do not think that someone who gets very drunk and then calls women that he does NOT know well to discuss his genitals and what he wants to do with them is a great guy. Be blunt iwth her. Ask if SHE would enjoy being woken up by a drunk old man who is calling to "share" the state of his all-togethers with her and to ask her to "share" them with him?

If she thinks that this is appropriate behavior then tell her to give him her phone number - and let her know that if he calls you again you will give him her number and tell him to call her.

AS for calling people Hon or sweetie or whatever, It is pretty common around here. The lady at the self serve gas station calls me Sweetie. It isn't uncommon here. I only get annoyed when someone thinks it is an invitation for sex. One day I had a bunch of errands to run to places I visited often - where I was sure people knew my name. In an entire day of errands the only time I was addressed as anything other than "hon" or "sweetie" or "sugar" or whatever was when I went into the school to get thank you.

And there they called me "thank you's mom", lol!!!

everywoman

Oh I so know what you mean. Right after my separation, I was going out a lot---it was summer, I was out of work (teacher) and my one of my best friends from high school had also recently separated and moved back to our hometown. I live on main street---I'm talking the old fashion main street where all the shops, restaurants and bars are located, so I was out a lot. And darn if I didn't spend a lot of time saying "No, I don't think so" and sometimes adding "Not in this lifetime." Ugh. I had married men, men whose wives I know hitting on me. I had former students (now in there 30's and early 40's) hitting on me. I had old men (70+ ) hitting on me. It was ridiculous. And they all just expected me to jump in the sack. I then met up with another old friend from high school (male). He and I have a lot in common---we have the same friends----same interests---and we have built a relationship based on that friendship. Give it time. And keep saying "No, I don't think so"

nvts

I'm guessing that I'll have to tell him that I'd rather gouge my own eyeballs out with fishhooks in order to make my point. :slap::whew:

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
.....Just taking a stab in the dark at this whole conversation (looks around and whistles) but .....and mind you this is ONLY a guess......but if you start doing that "thing" with the fish-hooks? I'm gonna guess you've either trumped Hazoi's level of roughness or someone forgot their secret tap out word.

Marguerite

I'm fairly new to FB and after about two months I got approached with a friend request from a total (male) stranger. He said I just happened to come up on the page (I don't know how) and he liked the look of what I have prepared to reveal publicly (I wanted my FB page originally for professional reasons). He included a lot of "heheh" stuff which creeps me out if I hear it in conversation, let alone having someone type it over and over. I already had "married" on my profile. husband says I was too polite in my rejection - I just told him that I was totally engrossed with my husband, who of course reads all my emails and FB stuff because we share everything. I suggested that he needed to look elsewhere, since I could not give him what he wanted.

A former neighbour of ours was also a good friend. he and his wife would often chat to me and husband. He talked to me about his sexual frustration issues (said when his wife reached menopause she lost all interest in sex; she had only ever had sex in order to have kids anyway and devoted all her attention on the kids as her sole reason for existence). I suggested a local sex shop to buy a device. He asked if I was available. I said I had already had other propositions from much younger and more attractive men than him and I had said no to them because my husband has priority; take a number and wait. For eternity.
He kept persisting, trying salami tactics and a few other underhand things. He told a local builder that he and I were having an affair ("I was only joking" - yeah, well I'm not laughing) - I had to deal with gossip I didn't fully know about. I told him off, said he was threatening our friendship. I said that even if I was enthusiastic, sex would likely ruin a good friendship.

The final crunch came one day when I bumped into him while out shopping. They had moved out of area by that stage. He leaned in my car window and commented how just looking at me made him feel all moist in the nether regions. I replied with, "I get that problem too, so I now use Depends incontinence pads! They're wonderful! You can hardly smell them if you change them at least every three days..."

He never tried that again.

Never try to out-gross a biologist...

Marg

H

HaoZi

.....Just taking a stab in the dark at this whole conversation (looks around and whistles) but .....and mind you this is ONLY a guess......but if you start doing that "thing" with the fish-hooks? I'm gonna guess you've either trumped Hazoi's level of roughness or someone forgot their secret tap out word.

LMAO! I'm not one for pain, I'm the sadist. :p

nvts

LMAO! I'm not one for pain, I'm the sadist. :p

Ok, I'm not EVEN going there! hahaha! Star: maybe I should have picked an easier "safe word" - antidisestablishmentarianism can be quite a mouthful with a gag in place! :916blusher::capitulate::holymoly:

Next time I'll just go with "huh?"

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Only THIS bunch ---------ONLY this bunch. Every time I say huh now Beth......ya know? ROFLM huh off......

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Snicker... You guys are funny!!! That's NOT what Marg meant (I don't think...)!!! I think it's more like, something innocent, something disgusting, something innocent - like a sandwich?!!! Like we're supposed to do with the difficult children - you know, positive, negative, positive... Snicker... Giggle...
:rofl:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yeah, yeah, STARBIE, just 'cause I was trying to keep it CLEAN!!!!!

We need a Lysol-spraying smilie!!!

Marg's Man

I'm almost afraid to ask Marge what she means by "salami tactics"...

I'LL tell you...

Ready for this?

It simply means he was trying to get his way by taking small steps as in salami slices - one thin slice at a time.

It's not even a new idea. Look up Fabian tactics in the context of the military history of pre-Empire Rome.

I dunno if I want Marg associating with you lot.

Marg's Man

Star*

call 911........call 911
I KNOW........I brought LYSOL!

(whispers.......NVTS is the one that brought fish-hooks and, and I think that other one HazOi? Is into SAND M. Haven't figured out what kind of beach THAT is, but I'm pretty sure you should wear sunglasses there so you don't get fish hooks in your eyes!)

Marg and I are JUST going to sit right over here! -----------------------------> and be VERY GOOD! :angel::angel:

H

HaoZi

Antidisestablishmentarianism... I like the idea of choosing that for their safe word.
Forget the beach, sand finds too many places you didn't even know you had, and even all these years after moving away from the coast I'm pretty sure there's still some MS beach bits in the floorboards of the truck. Which is totally not related to the first sentence of this post.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Marg's Man, it had me confused on first look as well and I'm quite familiar with military history. In certain parts of the USA "salami" is slang for a man's errrrmmm...."generative organ".