Ok- Photos....

klmno

I think I did this right. LOL! These are photos that are mostly this haircut. What do you think- should I go for the Audrey T. cut next?

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm chuckling because you are just like me.

CHICKEN!

:rofl:

Your new haircut is adorable...and...it is still really LONG comparatively speaking.

I had shoulder length hair many years ago and wanted Demi Moore's haircut in "Ghost." It took me 3 cuts over a 6 week period to finally get there.

It's shoulder length again now but it was a great cut for many years and sure was easy.

You look terrific. And so does Audrey T.

Suz

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, I am clueless, I know. WHO is Audrey T.? The cut looks great -- really brings out the beautiful wave in your hair! Wish my hair was still that beautiful color (lol -- lots of grey now so I decided to go blonde). But Suz is right, it's not a DRASTIC change. Small steps are good.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
OKay, duh, I knew that! :hammer:

I'd go for the short 'do just for kicks. It's almost summer, and if you don't like it then just grow it out. It's a balancing act as we get older with longer hair. Too long and it tends to make our faces look older.

My sister in law#1 has very long, fine hair and is a youthful 54 this year. But she would look much better with a shorter cut in my opinion. She's still holding on to that Cher look :p

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I think you chose a wise style for you. I know it's tempting to go drastic when you want a change but you have to be careful doing that cuz so often you wind up hating it. (most especially if you've never worn hair that short)

Really short hair doesn't look good on everyone. You have to have the face shape to pull it off. Same with longer hair and certain cuts/styles.

You have a very pretty color/texture to your hair that would've been lost to the shorter cut. This cut suits you and is really nice. And you have the added bonus of going shorter later if you still want to.

I'm one of those people who can wear both extremely short and long hair. And still this time I chickened out last minute and didn't go as short as I planned. This was because I'd gotten cornered into the same stylist that had messed up the style I'd wanted last time (similar to the one I'd wanted this time) which is what had caused me to grow it out to begin with.

I have the darndest luck finding a stylist who stays in one place long enough to cut my hair twice..........unless they do a rotten job, then I manage to find them every time. ugh!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Looks good. Small changes can be the best. It is hair and it will grow back. I have always been prone to changing my hair style if I need a change.

beth

Marguerite

It looks great!

As a former long-hair (waist-length) I can vouch for how difficult it is to go shorter. However, now I'm there I an also vouch for how good it can look and how much younger you can feel.

Mind you, it has taken me some time to get it right. For a couple of years now, I've been going to a budget hairdresser where you just walk in and wait, then get whoever happens to be on duty. You can ask for a particular person if you want, but the haircut you get can be a bit chancey. They do difficult child 3's hair, too.

So what I've settled on now, and I also recommend for you (which is why I'm rambling about me so much - it IS relevant!) is shorter, just below shoulder length, layered a little to give it shape, and a long fringe (or do you call it bangs?) to avoid the Professor Snape look. My hair is very straight, so until I got a fringe cut, I DID look like Professor Snape. Not good, when I have a son who looks like Harry Potter. He's like a skinnier version of your boy, complete with rthe glasses. In fact, you & I could look like sisters. Except you have nicer hair, your hair is a lot like easy child's (who has gorgeous hair).

A fault with easy child's hair which she has to watch out for - the ends can look a bit straggly. But her hair has the same wave in it tat yours has, it can look fabulous with the right cut. hey, it looks fabulous anyway, but a good cut makes it look like you've walked out of the salon, when you've just stepped out of the bath or just got up in the morning!

Wish mine looked that good...

Got to go now and wash my hair...

Marg

klmno

You guys are much too kind- thank you for the compliments! If this product for dry hair doesn't work well, I'll gradually get it cut shorter. It's getting more and more gray, too, so I'll have to deal with that sooner or later.

trinityroyal

K, I LOVE your haircut. It's very fresh and flattering to your face. Beautiful colour and wave too, and I think the mid length brings out the waves very well.

I think the Audrey T might be a bit extreme. Over the years I've had everything from a shaved head all the way to hip length, and I must say that the easiest and most versatile has been the length I have now, which is just past shoulder length, with long layers for a bit of shape, and long bangs.

Did you say that you're using fermodyl for dry hair? My hair is very dry and I used fermodyl for several years. Really helped with brittleness and split ends. Recently I've switched to biosilk, which seems to help enhance the curls more. If you find the fermodyl isn't working for you, try the biosilk. (I get it in bulk at Costco)

Trinity

DDD

It looks great. I'm glad you are making some personal changes and shifting your emphasis a bit. Way To Go! DDD