Ok. So now I'm just tired of repeating myself

flutterby

Fly away!
You know, people really shouldn't **** me off when I don't feel good.

difficult child met with the guidance counselor after school. Remember she's supposed to drop the Spanish class? Well guidance counselor told difficult child that there are no other classes open during that period - which is BS because there is at least a study hall open - and that Spanish teacher really wants difficult child in his class, and can she just try it for a few more weeks?

Do they not get the "she is shutting down"? I don't know how else to say it. My child is having full blown panic attacks daily. She is shutting down. Period. The IEP is still not being followed. I am sick of repeating myself and I am not going to be nice about it anymore. Either they follow the IEP, or I start going up the chain.

I appreciate that Spanish teacher cares enough that he wants difficult child in his class. But, it's just not going to happen. And I'm not going to talk about it anymore. Guidance counselor doesn't want difficult child to drop the class because she doesn't "think it's the best thing". You know what? I. don't. care. It's not the best thing academically. But when you have a child with a mental illness, academics are not the end all be all. You either take away this stressor, or she shuts down on *everything*.

difficult child has made HUGE strides. I am NOT going to let something like this set her back. I'm not. And the better watch out if they think otherwise. Cause I am NOT in the mood.

And I won't even go into the new office staff at the GP's office. Let's just say I want Mona back. The people in there now don't have a clue.

:919Mad:

flutterby

Fly away!
Major panic attack tonight. Left a lengthy message for school psychiatric to call me ASAP. Told him that I was NOT happy that guidance counselor didn't even bother to call me; instead she just talked to difficult child. Told him that something is going to be done. Now.

I'm keeping her home tomorrow. She is literally frozen with fear. Literally. If this keeps up, she'll be in the psychiatric hospital within a month.

We are also looking at an out of district transfer for next school year - to a school with more to offer and whose sped department is rated Excellent by the Department of Education.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sounds like a solid plan, Heather on both accounts. I hope she's able to settle a bit more tomorrow while she's home with you.

(((Hugs))) It's so hard to see them suffering like that!

Mattsmom277

Wow, her school sounds like difficult child's school. Same with the guidance counsellor. If you lived here, I'd suspect they had the same one!!!

Good for you for sticking your ground. I would bluntly state to that guidance counsellor that it is NOT in difficult child's interests at this time to be in that class and it is a decision to be made by you and difficult child, not by an outsider with a partial picture and a really large lack of comprehension about difficult child's situation. I would bluntly state she is dropping Spanish, period. Either put her in the study period, or she can use the library during a spare period, and use that time for classwork in her other classes. I would then tell the guidance counsellor that it isn't sensible to get into the whys and what ifs, it is is what it is, and it is off the discussion table.

Sorry your difficult child is struggling. I'm glad she has you in her corner.