OK - This is Weird...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
This is going to sound a little nuts....

difficult child believes that she can put "curses" on people. She also believes that the universe will help her punish her enemies.

OK - whatever....BUT the strangest series of events has happened...

A few weeks ago (during the leaving home with-o permission and taking away the intruments saga), difficult child "cursed" us. She warned that the Universe would exact justice on us for our behavior.

The very next morning - one of the cables to the garage door snapped. difficult child was triumphant! laughing and grinning that we were feeling her wrath.

We contacted the landlady to have the cable repaired, which she did immediately....but during our conversation she told us that she would not be renewing our lease in May and as long as we were talking, she thought she'd give us an extra early 'heads up' so that we could start looking for a new rental.

husband and I immediately starting looking for a rental house, and found a nice property just a few miles up the road. The strangest thing about this house? It has a home security system - and ONE bedroom has a window wired into the system so that it cannot be opened at all without tripping the alarm. The other rooms can open the windows all they want - it's just the one that is wired for the alarm. OK - I guess we know whose bedroom that will be!

And we didn't realize it at the time, but the new house is just over the county line. Which logically, shouldn't make any difference. it's the same town, same zip code, we can use the same telephone number - BUT the mental health system is SUPER STRICT about making patients attend the mental health clinic in their own county. I have been informed that all of difficult child's therapy will be discontinued through the current mental health clinic and a NEW file will be opened at the new clinic.

This means that state services will have to start from scratch also...

Which means difficult child will probably have to go through the application process all over again....and then be waitlisted....and will probably age out of the system before re-qualifying.

So - this means I get to STOP meeting with the Supervisor and STOP messing around waiting for a new Behavior Therapist. I get to STOP dealing with the County Office that I've dealt with for the last five years...

Because difficult child is about to turn 17 (a magical age in SC) - they are basically going to be treating her as an adult at the new clinic. So Mom shouldn't have to keep attending all these sessions.

So in many ways - I have gotten exactly what I've been wanting. I'll be pretty much "off the hook" for mental health services. And difficult child will sleep in a bedroom wired into the alarm system PLUS, because there is no schoolbus service, she will have to ride to and from school with ME all next year. Her avenues for taking off have been nearly eliminated.

So weird...

If this is a curse, or a call upon the Universe to enact Justice - so far I am really enjoying it!

Calamity Jane

Ha! Reminds me of an old rhyme..."I'm rubber, you're glue, what bounces off me sticks to you!" That'll teach her to put a curse on you!

Tiapet

Old Hand
lol, don't really mean to laugh and no, don't think it's a curse. Karma maybe but perhaps more of good ol' natural consequences cropping up? Sounds good.

buddy

wow that new house, and county system is just meant to be! YIPEE.... well, she can curse me all she wants.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
At first, I was rolling my eyes... Curses!

Then... Foiled again!

:rofl: Now, of course, I am giggling quietly...

Love this:rofl:! Glad to see things are looking up!

As far as the magical thinking, when difficult child 1's medications needed adjusting, he used to believe that he could cause me (or anyone who got in his way of doing exactly what he wanted to do) great pain and misfortune, by sticking pins into a homemade voodoo doll, and chanting nonsensical syllables.

Enjoy that new house! SFR