OK--Time for a Group Vent. Add Yours....and feel better!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Here's mine:

I am so so tired of being the "bad guy" with EVERYBODY--including husband--and getting blamed for anything that goes wrong anywhere or does not work out the way they wanted/expected it to. I'm sick of it! Somebody else take a turn being the "responsible one" for a change!!! &*)*(&&^^$&%#^&!!!!

Whew! That feels better...

OK--who's next?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!

I'm right there with you... I can't add much except want to go on strike again...

everywoman

I'm tired of being stalked and made to feel guilty for deciding to take control of my life!!! I mean really, if your blood pressure is too high then go to the doctor. You were put on blood pressure medicine for a reason. And you don't want to take them because you don't want to put anymore chemicals in your body. Get real!!! And don't come up to me and my friends when you are drunk and spout off about how beautiful I am and how much you love me. Really? Don't make your problems about me!!!

trinityroyal

My turn, my turn!

I am so tired of being the one "keeping the lights on". I work so desperately hard at work, day after day. I support myself, husband, Little easy child and the Tot Monsters. Pay for difficult child's Residential Treatment Center (RTC). AND in-home help for the Tot Monster twins. AND most of the decision-making about household stuff still falls to me. husband is still out of work, and has been mostly so for the last 5 years. But when someone needs to get up with the children, it's me. When Little easy child and the Tots are cutting capers on the weekend at 5:30 am? I'm up with them and husband is "sleeping in".

I haven't had a vacation since before I got pregnant with Little easy child, and he's going to be nine this year. NINE years without a vacation! I couldn't even take time off to recover from major surgery. I just want to stop. For even an hour or two. Maybe even a whole day where I'm not responsible for anything or anyone else.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ditto DF with regard to husband.

Ditto Step and EW with regards to the Brooms.

TR - just hugs. I don't see how you keep on...

KTMom91

The house is a mess. The husband is dense. The daughter went psycho over a flippin' pen. I have trouble getting to sleep. I have trouble staying asleep. Buddy had a seizure Sunday night. I'm overweight and I can't seem to lose any. Nearly everything I've eaten since Friday has gone right through me. Sunday's paper is all over the floor because Bud and the panthers were chasing each other, and the others in the house just walked right over it. The extension of unemployment benefits is stalled in Congress, so we don't know if Hubby will be able to finish school, since he's supposed to be able to collect until February, when his course is completed. I don't get another check until October 31. Registration for Miss KT's car is over $300. It's supposed to be over 100 degrees again today. The a/c in my car isn't working. We have our 30th class reunion next month. The dishwasher keeps leaking and flooding the kitchen. My hands hurt.

susiestar

Roll With It
We just got some financial help from the govt so my husband is now making "jokes" about us all going to homeless shelters. To the point that both of my kids are incredibly stressed, having nightmares and crying. Does husband wake up to see any of these things?? NO. He sleeps through ALL the stuff between 10 (11pm if red green is on) and 6 . He gripes because I sleep during the day. I have kids who wake me up every 45-70 minutes all night long if I try to sleep. usually it is someone in tears or in extreme pain. IF they try to get him up he just pats them, stumbles to the bathroom, and goes back to sleep. THEN he gritches all day about how he had to get up to CARE for them in the night. If thank you has an asthma attack at night husband will just pat him on the head and tell him to lie down - that it will 'pass'. While they are rare, telling thank you to go lay down is pretty reckless and dangerous in my opinion. thank you knows better and gets me or Jess if he cannot find an inhaler.

husband will do almost NOTHING around here. I have to assign chores to him. If I don't SPECIFICALLY say that he needs to do X today he will not do ANY chore. I am ready to throttle him.

AND I just got a thank you card from my niece. The address label has the year 2010 and is from Mr and Mrs gfgbro and exsil. If they have remarried I will have a HUGE celebration that I have cut him out of my life!!!!! (We left a gift for my niece at my parents because we already had it.)

Add a stupid virus and a 101 degree fever, upset stomach and dizziness to being unable to get more than 3 hours of sleep a day for the last week and I am ready to rip someone's head off. And laugh while I do it.

witzend

Why is it that people commit to a monthly thing then when the time comes can't confirm that they're coming? (Bunco again...) It's the first Tuesday of every month, for crying out loud! You get a week's notice reminder to say yes or no! I only need 12 - not 11 or 13. When three of you say no, and three of you won't answer, it makes my life miserable! Then when I finally hunt you down at work the day before the best you can come up with is "I think I can make it..." Then you come crying to me when it's your month because people won't respond whether they're coming or not! What goes around comes around, sweetie!

I'm so sick of grown women who act like they're 17 years old!

witzend

And don't even get me started on the husband who doesn't have more than a one word response to utter for days on end and then can't figure out why you're upset that when you finally tell him that you are worried that he is ill or depressed or angry all he's got is "I don't have anything to say." Well thanks for letting me keep a three day monologue going! It's so much frickin' fun! And no, I don't want to "make up" if you know what I mean!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...Thanks guys, you made me smile... I needed that... Knowing we all have gripes right now... Somehow helps.

flutterby

Fly away!
Because I am sick and don't bring in an income, I am somehow less and insignificant and not deserving of respect that a mother should have from her children. It is perfectly fine if my son wakes me during the day from drumming (rockband) because I "shouldn't be sleeping then, anyway". And, please, move into my home that is full of animals and then complain about said animals regularly and tell me my house stinks (it doesn't - super sniffer here, I would be the first to know and it would make me sick). And I love it when you turn the a/c down to frigid because *you're* hot, but don't help to pay any of the utility bills. And I absolutely love to hear all about your bowel movements. But my very favorite is when my child calls me 3 times in 3 minutes because I didn't answer...because I was in the bathroom.

Mom2oddson

I'm working with entitled people that could put a difficult child to shame and bosses that got beyond clueless. One co-worker reads her books all day long, unless a boss is in the room, then she makes it look like she's in charge of everything. Then the other one has an excuse why he has to head back home at mid morning. He's gone 30-50 minutes each time and does it 3-5 times a week. He basically steals 11 - 18 DAYS from the company every year, but the boss buys the excuse every single time. I'm sorry, but if I spill coffee down the front of my shirt, I wear a dirty shirt all day long!!! And of course those two lazy ones get paid double what the rest of us do!

Oh, and I love my Mom, think she's the greatest lady out there. But her kind heart and "wanting to keep the door always open" is driving me nuts. difficult child-S hasn't had jack to do with me forever. Showed up 2 days after christmas to get her gifts, haven't seen her since. But she's calling my Mom because she wants to be at easy child's B-day. Doesn't matter that she refuses to talk to easy child. But my Mom wants to have everyone over for cake because it's the kind thing to do since difficult child-S is making an effort. UHG!!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
My family's been a pain
They are driving me insane.:highvoltage:

The fault of everything is mine
They are going way below the line.:help:

I'm tired of having to tweak
difficult child's medicines every week.:bloodshot:

Screaming voices everywhere
make me want to growl like a bear.:angrygirl:

easy child/difficult child's sense of entitlement continues to grow
Why she think she deserves everything, I'd like to know.:dont_know:

I'm eating healthy and working out like crazy
but putting on weight as if I've been lazy.:not_fair:

Mowing the lawn is such a fight
I lose to the mosquito's bite:itching:

Wish I was at a beach
from my kiddos out of reach!:beach:

Vent over (for now)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon, I love your creativity along with the vent ~ somehow I feel outclassed. My biggest vent is the tweedles attitudes of late. Nothing is enough - nothing. I set up a great weekend away at a cabin with friends; good time had by all. Yesterday when we sang happy birthday to kt she sulked & told me I was mean because I didn't get her tickets to the Justin Bieber concert - he was in town last week.

Could've smacked the skin off that girl's face. Don't get me started on wm. by the way, dishes are too exhausting to be completed in one day & "I don't know how to use the vacuum". OMG.

My head is about to split into 2 so I'm done for now ~ gonna head outside & work in my garden. Need the break from whatever is hitting my family of late.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
As far as vents go, yours are all so passionate and legitimate (and creative Sharon!).

My vent is that I had hoped by 20 & 22 my girls would have put all their childhood resentments behind them and be kinder to one another, that they would stop fighting and see past all
those past transgressions! It breaks my heart, it really does.

Second vent is that my back hurts and it's so frustrating when there are so many things I want to do!!!!

Third vent is like a little pre-vent. I know when I return from my girlfriend weekend up in Maine that my house will be just horrid! We're having a heatwave and I worry about the dogs because h doesn't like ac so he will just turn it off without making sure the dogs have a cool spot or that a window is open. I will have to go over that with easy child and make sure she knows how important that is-if she can tear herself away from her new boyfriend.

Jody

Okay I had to stay late at work to answer this one. I have had an endoscopy/colonoscopy/lower bowel investigated/a pap smear/ one of my best friends died, and my difficult child is back in the hospital as of this morning. I spent three days with VCR tapes whizzing past my head some didn't whiz they met there target. My head. I was kicked spit on, hit, hair pulled, shoved, called every name in the book and then some. I was 4 1/2 hours late for work and the nurse at the psychiatric hospital, said I should have a more understanding boss. They asked me the same old tired questions about consequences, and discipline. The officer that tranported her was all Honey, it's going to be okay, I know you didn't want to do all of those things to your mommy, did you? She said No, I didn't of course. LMAO. I was almost to the point of hysterical. I told the cop who we have had before, you are not a mental health officer, just tranport her please. He always wants to baby her and coddle everything she has done. Get to the hospital and the therapist, says I see you have an appointment on the 14th with you regular psychiatrist, what I would really like to see is for you to to go back home and get along until your appointment. Then I did crack up. I told her to call her psychiatrist and see if that is what she wanted, when she came back she had a whole new attitude. difficult child's regular psychiatrist, knows my daughter well, and she knows me well, and she knows that if I have brought her then she needs to stay. The last two weeks have been so much fun. I am sure hoping that it gets better. All my tests results came back good. That was some good news. They are going to stop testing now, more good news. I can get some much needed rest tonight and a break from all of the drama. Yippee.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Jody - how are YOU feeling after that?

...I have one more... Dishes STILL aren't done... And the VA is not treating husband's neck/shoulder, just giving him more painkillers that make him throw up.

OMG, I hear the dishwasher - will wonders never cease? Oh wow.