ok what do i do???? i'm clueless

JJJ

she looks sad and angry. guidance counselor called today and said they all feel this is symptomatic of something larger with her. i agreed. i've seen it tweeking it's way to the surface bit by bit the past 3 or 4 years little incidences here and there, nasty words anger towards me almost right away. very disrespectful towards me kinda thing.

Besides drugs that MWM already suggested, there is another major reason that can cause a easy child-teen to go difficult child with "something larger". Is there any chance she was molested or raped? If you don't think that she'd share that with you, maybe guidance counselor can bring in someone to talk to her?

I really hope it is just teenager boundry testing but I'd trust your mommy instinct that it is something more.

Jena

yes i'm often funny when incredibly stressed and want to run into night ripping my hair out and screaming!!! :)

JJJ - good call on your part, yet that isnt' it either, already went there............ she's already been checked out there her recent physical for a sport at school.

SHE AGREED TO GO TO THERAPY tonight it happened. She went on and off all day long. I"m ready to pass out, than difficult child got upset and she saw it and went over and hugged her.

next thing i knew she joined us for dinner, and than we talked via text (i put her cell on for 2 hours at night only) and she agreed to go to therapy. it's at least a start.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Glad she agreed - it is a start and it looks like maybe the rants against you have ceased for the time being.

Also, if you're able to, you may want to discuss [briefly and without upsetting easy child] what some of her goals for counseling may be...i.e., what she wants to get out of it, what she feels she needs to vent about, etc.

I only suggest this because with my difficult child, it seemed that once a counselor heard that her parents were divorced that became the main focus. I realize that it was an important part of her life, however, she was 2 when her dad and I divorced and she had already gone to counseling for it when she was younger so by the time she was 16/17, I was hoping that her counselor would be focusing more on the present times with difficult child and helping her sort through some more recent incidents and issues going on with her rather than dredging up old stuffm which difficult child quickly latched onto so she could avoid talking about other more pertinent things going on in her life... IOW, it made it very east for difficult child to disregard things like her sexual assault and [then] current school situation and just play the 'poor me my parents got divorced' card, Know what I mean??

Anyway, just a word of caution - the counselor is in a position to present to easy child what her problem is rather than allowing easy child the opportunity to bring up naturally what she is feeling currently, Know what I mean?? Best of luck.