ok- who's your favorite

klmno

oh- I love him, too! My tastes are a little than most different though, LOL!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH0Ie6yHuFk"]YouTube - Neil Diamond - Lay Lady Lay[/ame]

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
ATTA Girl klmno!!!!

Hands down, mine is also Neil Diamond. :D :D :D

Love his lyrics. Love his songs. Used to have a mega crush on him in my younger days. lol

klmno

Ohhhh, Lisa- he was my heart throb at 13yo when all my friends were drooling over Peter Framptom. (Not that he's so bad either. LOL!) I saw ND in concert in the early '80's- from the peanut gallery. Then, I took difficult child to NYC a few years ago and learned where ND hangs out. I'm going back someday!! He's a great song writer but I like his singing from the '60's and '70's better than now. (I know he didn't write or originally sing Lay Lady Lay)

'Chelle

Dave Matthews - can listen to his Crash cd over and over

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Cold Shot

George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone is difficult child's theme song - was listening to it just before going in to deliver him LOL

flutterby

Fly away!
Eric Clapton, definitely

Chelle - wonder if difficult child would have been a difficult child if you were listening to Neil Diamond instead. :tongue:

DammitJanet

As a kid, I was in love with David Cassidy. I saw my first concert at 8 years old and my dad was brave enough to take me to see him.

Now? I think it would be a toss up between Conway Twitty or Kenny Rogers.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
klmno I won concert tickets to see ND in Dayton in the mid 80's, had back stage passes, meet him the whole works. Just my luck the darn concert got snowed out, major storm. He came back I think 2 yrs later.....but I couldn't scrap up the cash to go.

husband was incredibly jealous of ND for the longest time :rofl:

klmno

Lisa, if you had just said that you had gotten to know him, it really might have had an effect on our CD relationship. LOL!!

You should have seen the women at the concert I went to- about 10,000 of them and probably five men in the whole place. Ha!! That's when it finally dawned on me just how stiff my competition was. LOL!

DammitJanet

LOL....EW, you should have gone to the Super Bowl this year.

If she had asked about favorite groups who would you have said? My favorite group just happened to be "shaggin, shaggin on the boulevard" LMAO.

muttmeister

Well, there are lots that I like (Stevie Ray Vaughan, B.
B. King, George Thorogood, Aretha) but, given my age, there is no question:
ELVIS of course.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
All right, this is the deciding factor, I might be banned from the board for this alien desire! My favorite is the Belgian Jacques Brel, ugly as sin and a woman hater to boot. He was a real poet, the French speaking world calls him a minstrel. This song is about a love that lasted 20 years, with all the pain and deceptions involved in a long relationship. He describes their relationship as taking place in "a room without a crib", boy, can I relate to that! Aren't you lucky? the subtitles are in Italian AND English:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOcDwYQPp0Y"]YouTube - Jacques Brel Chanson des Vieux Amants English & It. subtitle[/ame]

klmno

An old rock band- the song was about two teens having their first "encounter" in the back of a car- with the male promising he'd love her until the end of time. The next part is about him praying for the end of time.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I really like Billy Joel!

by the way, Lisa and Klmno, about two years ago husband and I went to a Neil Diamond concert-it was great!