ok- who's your favorite

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I love Sam Cooke. Eric Clapton. Sting. Three of my very favorites. (by the way, Same Cooke is a singer my mom got me hooked on - he's from back in the 50's; one of his big hits was You Send Me).

Of course, Neil Young if I'm not depressed or suicidal. ;)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Without a doubt - Carol King. She's a brilliant song writer and singer. She's written more songs for other popular singers than you could shake a stick at.

Abbey

OK - It is difficult for me to pick just one - I absolutely love Eric Clapton and Neil Young.. BUT there are so many others too!!! I guess if I could only pick one and I can't, I would have to say it's a tie between Neil Young and Eric Clapton... WFEN

susiestar

Roll With It
Martina McBride or Toby Keith
James Taylor
Steely Dan
Garth Brooks
Amy Grant
Tanya Tucker

There are more, I have a very hard time picking just one, or even just one per type of music

trinityroyal

Just like the movie thread. WAY too many to choose.

Let's see...in no particular order:

Tom Jones. Saw him in concert last year and he was simply FABULOUS. And yes, women in the audience actually DO throw their scanties at him.

Peter Murphy from Bauhaus. For such a little fellow he has a huge thundering voice.

Bing Crosby.

Neil Diamond is somewhere on my list.

Chrissy Hynde from the Pretenders. My inner rock-chick really wishes I were her.

Siouxsie Sioux. Same reason as Chrissy Hynde.

Yma Sumac. Huge vocal range and freaky-bizzare songs. If you have the time, google her and track down a recording. Very very interesting.

Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chili Peppers

ALL of the Beatles. Yes, even Ringo.

Jim Morrison, of the Doors.

The lead singer from the Moody Blues. His name escapes me. Not the original one, but the big blond fellow with the giant sideburns.

Wilson Pickett

Miriam Makeba

David Bowie. The Ziggy Stardust / Aladdin Sane incarnation, not the 80's dude.

Lots more flooding my brain, but I'll stop there.

Trinity

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I agree, too many to choose... Right now I'm leaning toward Billy Joel too... But that's cause I just heard one of his very best songs of all time, "Pressure". But Neil Young rates high too. When I moved to Oklahoma years ago with my ex I listened to his song "Ohio" over and over for months till I came home.

muttmeister

I still like Elvis but a close #2 is Leon Redbone. The only word to describe him is unique. I love his voice, his song choices and his style.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
All time favorites are Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin. Really, any Motown oldies and R & B stuff.

Lately, Michael Buble and Duffy. They are fun and light! And I can sing along.