Ok, you hippies

Abbey

Spork Queen
In the search for my Twin Bings I came across this site:

http://candy-crate.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

It is SO COOL! I don't even like candy that much but it brought back so many memories from my childhood. Remember rock candy? Or how many of you had the luxury of having a Spud Bar? Yeppers...

Oh, and don't forget the candy cigarettes.

Abbey

trinityroyal

Fun Dip Lik-a-Stik
Toto, I haven't thought of that in YEARS. That was my favourite too!

Now I must Click. Away. From. The. Retro. Candy. Page.

nvts

OMG BBK! I was literally JUST talking to my cousin about those yesterday!

My favorite were the chocolate Ice Cubes. Mmmmmmmm. Melty chocolate....

sorry

Beth

mom_in_training

Mmmmmm, They still sell the candy cigs fron ice cream trucks even though I don't think they are supposed to and I have seen the rock candy at Walmart. My favorite was the chuckle sticks, I ate allot of those growing up. Lol!!! I have seen the Fun Dip Lik A Stik too. What planet are you all on? Lol!! Ca has laws but hmmmm I wonder if some states just forbid selling some of these things considering you all have not seen these items in some cases for years.

Mayapple5

Dating myself...how about Fizzies? Does anyone remember them? I liked the root beer and cherry ones. I found them in Vermont Country Store magazine.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ohhh...bottle caps and fizzies!!! I loved the Root Beer ones.

I haven't had a lot of time to look through the site, so that is on the to-do list tonight.

Abbey

KTMom91

I loved Bottle Caps! My grandparents owned a Ben Franklin (a WHAT?) back when it was a Woolworth competitor (What's a Woolworth, Mom?) and they had THE ABSOLUTE BEST penny candy selection. Kits, BB Bats, the boxes of little Jawbreakers; and they had a popcorn machine that my dad headed straight towards whenever we would visit.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
See this reminds me of the "shopping trip" my friend and I would make on a regular basis. We would go up to a the bar get my friends moms cigarettes (no note no nothing they knew us and just sold them to us because those were the days you didn't steal mom and dads smokes or you were in for it. Then with the change we got to go to the candy store. Ahhhhhh what a happy memory. And the bag full of candy we brought home. Simple happy times.

beth