Okay Aunties - SHINE TIME - difficult child just

Star*

call 911........call 911
<span style='font-size: 12'><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>GOT A JOB!!!!</span></span></span>

I just got the call from difficult child. And -
-he's been going to school
-he's been going to community service he's got 51 hours left out
of 1000 and loves what he's doing working for the park service
-he's been responsible with his new puppy (an American Bull). He
has taken her to the vets, got her shots, wormed, and on a heart
worm preventative - AND built a pen for her for the day time, and
plays with her at night. Bathes her, and cares for her.
-he sees his probation officer as scheduled
-he is staying out of trouble and except for almost being killed
twice - and having one reminder he's obeying most of the rules.

I don't think anything shocked him so badly as the first/last time I went to visit for his TSP (total service plan) that I had all of his clothes, shoes, belongings with me and handed them to him. This was to let him know there is no coming home. I believe when I handed him his suit and he said "Can you put that back in my closet?" and I said "You don't have a closet at my house any longer." it was the beginning of his beginning.

Tough love suc*ks but today it has it's rewards - dare I post them here and jinx myself. NO it won't jinx me to share good news!!!!!!!!!

He starts work tonight 7-11. I dont know where, doing what or how much - I just know it's a JOB that PAYS.

Had to share something GOOD for a change!

susiestar

Roll With It
YOU ROCK!!!!!! WHATTA MOM!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This board auntie is super-duper proud, and of difficult child too!!!!!!

See they really CAN learn, just takes a LOT MORE to teach them.

Hugs to you and to Stardude too!!!

Susie

wakeupcall

Oh, thanks so much for letting me know that there IS a possibility that all this hard work could pay off some day. I'm so happy for your singing mommy heart.

everywoman

What, a job!!! I have tried and tried to explain to my difficult child the benefits of working---but he hasn't gotten it yet. What is your secret?

Sunlight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"You don't have a closet at my house any longer." </div></div>
giggle. guffaw. a knowing smile and a wink.

last week I emptied out ant's closet in his old bedroom and boxed it all and stacked it in the garage. it took me a long time to go thru his stuff left here from when first born, the papers, notes, pictures, stuff.... and weed it out, toss ome, give some to St Vincent de Paul and box the rest.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
:bravo: :princess: :thumb: :dance: :slap:

<span style="color: #6600CC"><span style='font-size: 12'>YIP YIP YIPPPEEEEE</span></span>

Way to go Momma!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OH, YEAH! WAY TO GO STARDUDE!!!!!

:bravo: :dance: :dance: :bravo:

:fan: :fan:

What a dramatic turn around!!! Excellent news!!! I know you've got to be one proud Momma!!

Nothing like a whopping dose of cold harsh reality thrown in your face for a wake up call. OMG Star this is wonderful. I so hope it sticks!

KFld

Way to go girlfriend!!! I know how hard the tough love stuff is, but I truley believe my difficult child would not be where is right now without it.

They won't do it for themselves until they know they have to.

This auntie is very proud of him :smile:

F

flutterbee

:bravo: Way to go, difficult child!!! This must make your heart sing.

VLong

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Star, it's amazing how tough love works...I know first-hand with Justin!

Way to go, Stardude!!!!

From a verrrrrrrrrrrrry proud board Auntie!

Vicki

Pam R

Besides the 2 incidents, it sounds like he's working his way through. I'm glad for you, and him.

As far as the closet, as soon as my son moves out (he's been informed it's the day after he turns 18) his room is getting totally renovated (he's destroyed it) and will become my office/spare bedroom.

Tough love is hard, but it does pay off. I hope the job works out for him, and he can move onto a better one once he's completed his other commitments.

And I hope you didn't jinx yourself telling us. I think the same way also. :hammer:

Pam R.