Okay I can share one thing now.

S

Signorina

A baby...such a blessing...and in the variety that wears PINK - HOORAY! Happy grandmothering and happy shopping! Bows and ribbons and lacy socks - oh my!!

T

TeDo

Congtratulations Granny!! How do our difficult children grow up so fast? What do you think the odds are that "precious" will end up being a difficult child? Just in case, better get ready for difficult child: The Next Generation.....LOL All kidding aside, I am VERY happy for you and Dude and daughter in law. Now THAT'S something to look forward to!!!

Lothlorien

Oh my! If the way you spoil your dogs is any indication, that baby is going to one Starbie-nana spoiled rotten (in a good way) little girl! :bigsmile:

DammitJanet

Bout time....lol. You could recommend Janet Michelle...lmao. The only 2 women willing to raise his butt the last 10 years! LOL

Seriously, I just googled BABY NAMES GIRL and came up with tons. You know how we have the Native American thing in common? I found one I tried desperately to talk the kids into and I still love it...Montana skye or Montana Wind.

July...thats fairly soon. Well tell her to aim for either the 11th (Jamie), 15th (me and Tony's anniversary and Hailie's BD) or the 24th (Cory's BD). Or she can come really early on 6/6 ...lol.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Star, congratulations to you, your family, your son, your son's fiancee,........... what a wonderful blessing. I can tell you from my experience, Granddaughter's are precious. I wish for you that special bond that is possible with that next generation, a bond of love like no other. :bigsmile:What a special day. Love to you!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!!! I am so THRILLED for you!!! Grandkids look like about the most fun a person can have ever!!! I am delighted and excited and so HAPPY for you. I am thrilled that Dude has found someone to share his life with and that they are having a daughter together!!!!

The 12th is about the most perfect day in July to have a daughter!!!

As for names, I hope they pick one that is just right. husband drove me nuts with his name suggestions. He truly wanted twins named Random and Constant. Or Tangent and Vector. It got worse from there. Wiz almost ended up with initiasl that stand for tighty whiteys. husband fought HARD for that middle name.

We ended up with the rule that I had total veto power over names and the final nd he could name anything that came out of his body. husband's choices for baby names truly were random, lol!!

The shower cake needs to have a donkey carrying the baby - NOT a stork!! in my opinion that would be precious!!

the "What to Expect" books are great, esp for first time parents, but the Girlfriend's Guide to PRegnancy' was a whole lot more practical and helpful. And it had me laughing out loud for ten min in the aisle at the bookstore. The author is Vicki Iovine I think.

I really wanted to name a daughter Sera Daphnia, but just couldn't. When we met my husband was a fish pimp. Seeriously. He worked in a lab that did EPA testing of what factories released back into the waterways. Baby fish were used in the test and it was husband's job to make sure that the fish had enough babies for the tests scheduled. They also did some testing of water using a specific type of water flea called ceriodaphnia, which husband and coworkers called what sounded like Sara Daphnia.

I LOVE the name but just could NOT name my daughter that - imagine what the other kids would have done/said in middle school?

I am so happy for you!!!!! tell dude that this Auntie sends congratulations and love and wishes for only the very best for him, his partner, and for his very young daughter!!!!!!!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Susiestar is absolutely right, the Girlfriend's Guide is AWESOME! It's very, very, very funny - and there's a lot of stuff in there that people in general just don't tell you. It is by Iovine, too. :wink:

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG I HAD that book in my hand and put it down! From an older persons point of view it just wasn't "educational".

I have gotten her a ton of books and sent some - but they mysteriously never made it to her. Thanks postal system - Glad I take pictures of things I send and let you know. Still since I didn't insure it? AND I don't have my receipts (well at least NOW my office is organized) lol.....SO the next package that goes to her will have EVERY.SINGLE.POSTAGE.TAG.SIGN.HERE sticker on it - and we'll see if the next time the CHick town postal workers can get it there. (the package was tracked that far)

And Janet - YES ----You'd think he'd go with something that was for US - right? (ungrateful brat) But SHE gets first pick on first name and HE has veto power (like Susie* and HE has unanimous choice over middle name, and SHE has veto power) It's just what she didn't count on was that he's a difficult child and he says his baby can ALWAYS have another MIDDLE name - ADDED - or two. (Oh Lord don't make her angry -she seems to be a little like me hehehe) I can see it now - Baby bundled safe in Mommys arms and Social Security walks in and asks "What is the childs name? And Mommy says Addison Lee......and Dude says" AHEMMMMM Addison Lee Wynona Talula Dakota MInneapolis Spimone Ouixa - Smith. OR......My first pick fora first name - lol." Yeah I can see that happening.

I don't know if I'd want to name a child these days - but I kind of like natural names - I did see one I thought was pretty - Skylar. But then I thought like DDD said and came up with Buick SkylarK. I also like Brinn it's Welsh or Scottish - which I am...(Welsh) but for some reason every time I say it the Mary Poppins song - Chim Chimminy pops in my head. must be some link I'm not cognitive of there - but it's there. lol.

And SPOILED????? I already have HER little santa claus Dress and not a silly old santa hat - she has a Santa Tam........Yeah!

Poor Casper - he was praying for a boy so hard ------Now he's looking for a box to pack up his Tiaras, feather boas and all his outfits.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL!!!

Honey, she doesn't need educational. If she's been puking at all, or had mood swings from hell, bloating (and the accompanying farting and burping), indigestion/acid reflux/heartburn AND a tender chest?

She needs A GOOD LAUGH RIGHT ABOUT NOW...

But, if she has a Kindle or Nook or what have you, they also have it available in e-book which is how I bought it, and you can buy it as a gift as long as you know the other person's email that they use on Barned & Noble.com or Amazon.com etc.

Now, as for the difficult child names.

For a boy, husband got absolute on 1st name and I got veto, and I got absolute on middle name and he got veto. Well his BFF's 1st name happens to be my maternal grandpa's middle name - so yes! And middle will be my Dad (and paternal grandpa's) middle name. For a girl, the choice/veto was reversed, so first name is a combo of my 2 grandmas' names. Middle is his paternal grandma AND maternal great-aunt's name. Except... We added a 2nd middle name if it is a girl. After my Mom's BFF. I am named for her - and she will not be around to meet Bean, due to the ALS and she isn't doing well, and husband had no issue. (Besides, the original initials were "medication" and, um, UGH!!! We already have a "JD" - Juvenile Delinquent!!!

Brynn is beautiful and yes I know I spelled it wrong. As long as they don't decide to name her Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I'm so so excited for you!!! And Dude and his girl, of course, but...!!!

Mom2oddson

Congratulations!! I haven't been to the board in a while and how exciting for this to be the first post I saw! How absolutely wonderful!!! easy child and his (serious) girlfriend have been talking....if they get married she wants SIX kids!!! I'm all for that!

Whatever they choose for a name, it will be the most beautiful name for the most beautiful little girl, cuz she'll be your grandbaby!

July 19th is a good date for having a easy child! .....and I so hope this little girl is a easy child!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I see pink donkeys! :winks:

Well wonder of wonders, that's the loveliest news! Doing the happy dance for you Granny Star!!! ::happyguy::bigsmile:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope they don't name her after a state, that's been sooooooooooooooooooo over done.

I've always liked Kaitlyn myself.......never had a chance to use it. Cute for a little girl and also nice for an adult.

Now me? I was smart. Baby was going to be pushed out of my body, which meant I did the naming. Period. (good thing too or Travis would be Erving or George Newton for godsake!) I wasn't having a child with a name that would scar them for life. lol

busywend

Grammy Star!!! CONGRATS!!!

I had the worst middle name growing up! but, I love it now because it was my Nana's name. Virginia. You can only imagine what the kids did with that one!

I like Genvieve (Jen V ev). I mention it to everyone I know that is having a girl. nobody picks it. It for sure would be my difficult children name if I had heard it before I had her.