Okay, who stole my scotch tape?

Kathy813

Staff member
I have spent the whole evening wrapping presents and I am finally on the last present. :xgift:

And the scotch tape has disappeared! Fess up ~ who has my scotch tape?

:rofl:

I used to love wrapping presents ~ in fact, I would have given Martha Stewart a run for her money.

Now, however, when I'm on the floor wrapping presents, I find that my arms and legs don't bend the same way anymore.

So give me back my scotch tape so I can finish this blankety-blank present.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all!

~Kathy

F

flutterbee

mmphfm mhfphfmp mppfhmmmmf mpfhmpmmmmphhh mmppfffhhh mmmpppfhmph!

Translation: I just found this scotch tape lying around and have found some creative uses for it.

by the way, any idea how hard it is to type with your fingers taped together? And how fast your eyes get dry when the furnace is running and you've taped your eyelids to your eyebrows?

:rofl:

F

flutterbee

BBK, I don't think we have that much tape. :rofl:

MB - Not yet! But thanks for the idea! :xmasdec:

Pretty sure I'm going to end up with another round, though. :doctor: Bet you guys are just thrilled to pieces! :crazy:

Kathy - you don't really want your tape back do ya?

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you, too! :gingerbread:

mstang67chic

Going Green
So THAT'S where difficult child disappeared to! I was starting to wonder. Sorry about the tape, I'll send you some more........er, as long as it's not used on cheeks. Hopefully your duct tape, electrical tape, painters tape, surgical tape and any other adhesive backed substances are put up or preferrably locked up. They seem to be a big attraction to difficult child for his "inventions". (Usually new pencils broken in half and taped together....or my most recent favorite, the paint rollers I bought so I can re-paint the bathroom, taped to high Heaven as well as the roller handles.) :slap:

DammitJanet

LOL...my tape used to go missing and turn up sometime in mid July.

This year I decided there was no good reason to wrap a darned thing since either people were too old or too young to give a darn. Im setting stuff out in the bags they came in and calling it a night.

meowbunny

Don't look at me. I'm still trying to find mine. Good thing I buy it in bulk this time of year. Always have more lying around. lol

F

flutterbee

What IS it with difficult child's and tape?!! Tape and bandaids. Go through 'em like water.

Yours too?

I find bandaids stuck to the wall by her bed. That's what I get for buying Disney Princess bandaids. To her, they are decorations.

SRL

I'm with you--I used to love to fuss over them. Now I just want to get them finished!

The kids wrapped presents for grandparents today but I haven't wrapped a thing. There's one area on the kitchen floor that I just cleaned so maybe I ought to go for it.

Wiped Out

Staff member
We usually have the same trouble with scotch tape. I've never enjoyed wrapping, I'm no good at it, it's a joke in our family. Luckily both easy child and husband love to wrap (even difficult child likes to wrap) and so I barely wrap any, this year I think I only wrapped 4 or 5 gifts.

DDD

THAT is the reason that I buy almost all my presents at Bealls.
They wrap every gift free of charge AND give you a name card and
bow for each. One year when we had six teens I bought 36 presents and stood pleasantly in the line as they wrapped every
darn one of them AND had a young man carry them out to the car!
That department store is the nicest thing about where we live.
:bravo:

I buy ALL my birthday, shower, wedding gifts there too. Alot of the time I just run in an hour before I have to be somewhere and
walk out with a lovely gift and have time left for a HMJ, too.

Hope you found the tape. If not??? Well...do you remember how to blend water and flour to make paste? :rofl: I think that's
what the nuns taught us to do when we didn't have glue or tape.
It was ugly, messy and took a long time to dry BUT it stuck things together.

Merry Christmas, Kathy. DDD

DDD

I think I would hesitate at "free" wrapping, too. Sad but true.
I'd be waiting to see where the "donation" was suppose to go or
who was going to try to convert me. DDD

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Haven't you guys ever heard of gift BAGS? No tape required, just bunch up a lot of paper over the gift and voila......gift ready!

Kathy813

Staff member
Ummm. . . it was under the bed. :bag:

I still say that wyntersgrace came to my house, stole the tape, wrapped her presents, and then snuck the tape back into my house and hid it under the bed.

She is one sneaky little elf. :elf:

~Kathy

F

flutterbee

Who me? :angel:

I'm waiting for the elves to come wrap my presents. They haven't shown yet. Someone needs to get on that. :smile:

:elf:

Star*

call 911........call 911
So,

Do you suppose there was leftover wrapping paper lying near the manger? Can you hear Mother Mary behind the 1st stall going "OH LORD where is that roll of tape now?" and God Said "In the City of David"

Frankincense , Myrrh & Scotch Tape!

(Stuff is more valuable than gold this time of year)