Old behavior surfaces but he changes the outcome

LittleDudesMom

Well, what's the pay and is it near the beach and shopping????????

But seriously Fran, every right choice and/or change in behavior and problem solving is a step in the right direction. Glad it was a good day in your house.

Sharon

rejectedmom

That was soooooooo terrific. So now he has a real life experience f changing behavior and getting a different outcome. That can only be reinforcing it even more. I would send my easy child/difficult child to that house but I do not want any part of the housemom bit. LOL Besides, I still have difficult child#2 to find a safe and productive living arrangement for. -RM

Preemie Mommie

Bravo difficult child for turning things around and gettin a good outcome. Kudos to you and husband, I can only imagine how you both must've been sweating. Hope he sticks with the job.

Martie

Great job Fran. But I know what it took to get to 4:00 p.m. not knowing the outcome. Talk about sweating bullets

LOL for difficult child's comment, too, show's growing insight to me.

I am not looking for work but I actually think being a house parent (apartment manager) to difficult child's would be interesting. I would not want to be a house parent to daughter adults, however.

You guys set up the apartment building (in a warm climate only) and I'll consider it :rofl:

Martie

Kathy813

Staff member
Martie ~ You've got the job by default. Nobody else wants it.

Good luck (you'll need it). :rofl:

~Kathy

KFld

Martie, be careful what you are offering. There are about 30 parents here who are probably out looking right now for an apartment building in a warm climate :smile: and packing up their difficult child's.

Estherfromjerusalem

Fran, kudos to you. And to husband. Your constant support and "nudging" him in the right direction continues to amaze me. You never give up, and this time he has seen the positive side to what you have been telling him all along.

Also, in my opinion being able to laugh at oneself is a sign of maturity -- yet another step in a good direction. Good for difficult child!

You continue to inspire me.

Love to all of you, including easy child.

Love, Esther

Stella Johnson

Whewww! I was afraid I would open this and see that he quit his job. What a relief!

Well, if my knee doesn't heal soon I might end up being the house-mother for all the difficult children. :hammer: I need to work, but can't. Driving me nuts.

Glad to hear difficult child is learning to problem solve instead of explode.

Steph