Old Products

nvts

As I said in a previous post, I've been having some weird dreams. The other night, I was dreaming that I was taking a shower and reached for my "Lemon Up" shampoo. I woke up laughing!

This started me thinking about some of the old products that were out there in the past that just kind of "disappeared" so I was wondering if anyone else remembered some of them.

Lemon Up had the Lemon on the cap
Vidal Sasoon shampoo's and conditioners with that Almond smell
Jojoba shampoo
Freakies Cereal
Quisp and Quake
Pablum
"Cheeza Pizzas" frozen

...just to name a few.

Just curious...these brought back some really fun memories so I thought I'd share and ask - Anyone remember any others "stuff" that was out there?

Beth

DammitJanet

Almost anything I really like disappears.

There was an ice cream flavor I loved called Banananaza or something like that. It was by Breyers. It was a Banana ice cream with Chocolate chunks in it. I loved it.

Then pet had an ice cream I loved. It was a strawberry/chocolate swirl ice cream with little chocolate cups in it that had strawberry filling.

Do they still make lysol in that little brown bottle? Or what was that cleaner that our mothers used to pour in the bath water by the capful if we got really dirty.

Remember those little metal aspirin boxes that you opened by pushing in the back? Perfect for storing enough pot for two joints...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
[/Quisp and Quake
QUOTE]

You can buy Quisp cereal at Dollar General for a buck......and it still tastes great. My kids love it so much I can't keep a box in the house......which is bad cuz I'm buying it for me not them. lol

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I had this conversation a while back. I had wanted Jello pudding pops because they had been gone for a while. Then poof one day they came back in the stores. I bought a box and they got eaten before I could even have one.

susiestar

Roll With It
I haven't seen a pudding pop in forever! I started making them when I got a set of popsicle molds at a yard sale.

I remember when Herbal Essence used to be a clear green shampoo and a conditioner with a kind of woodsy herbal sent, not the flowery crud it is now. It had a lady iwth long brown hair and a bunch of flowers on the label, I think. We thought it was SO COOL because if you looked at the back of the bottle you could see through the shampoo and read the back of the label. It was kind of a "secret message" according to one of my cousins.

Love's Baby Soft perfume. I hadn't even thought of that in forever until recently. They also had a lemon scent in that line. I liked the lemon one best.

King Vitamin cereal. I have seen it in the last few years but it just doesn't taste as good.

Jello 1-2-3 Magic. It was a jello dessert that you mixed up and it separated into 3 layers. Jello on the bottom, a mousse like middle layer and a top layer like cool whip. I LOVED that stuff.

jello Americana egg custard. I haven't seen it in forever. I could NOT get it to cook properly. I either burned it or didn't cook it long enough.

I used to get little packets of Oetker Whip It whipped cream stabilizer. It wasn't cheap, but it made whipped cream last a long time. Now I use a teaspoon of corn starch when I start to whip the cream and it works just as well. Which is good because none of the stores here carries it.

Roy Roger's Restaurant. Roast beef sandwiches and the best apple cobbler dessert. YUM. They also had the saddles mounted on a barrel instead of booster seats.

witzend

Prell Shampoo - in the glass bottle (yikes!)

Dippity-Do

Yardley Slickers

Kool-Aid that you add sugar to

eekysign

Pub trivia on Tuesday had this question:

"Slogan was "A Little Dab'll Do ya!" - a Men's Hair Care product.

Why, oh why, did I know it was Bryl-Creem?? I was born in 1981!!

I miss the old Herbal Essence, too.

KTMom91

KABOOM! cereal.

Charlie perfume. I remember going out with the girls one evening, and we all had on Charlie. We had to roll the car windows down or we'd have choked to death.

Kits and B-B Bats candy.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
You can get Kool-Aid that you don't add sugar to?

Jojoba, check - it was St. Ives - loved it!
Vidal Sassoon, too. Yumm.
Dippity-do, check.
Love's Baby Soft is still sold up here... So is Charlie! And Jean Naté.

How about Hypercolor clothing? And Used jeans? I'm showing my age here...

Lothlorien

Hai Karate.....what a scream!

The Bryl cream....remember the commercial "If you hair is short and nappy, Bryl cream will make you happy." Oh my goodness!

Whatchamacallit candy bars. I used to love them. They don't make them anymore.

How about when they used to put cool toys inside Cracker Jack...or even cereal.

My aunt still has juice glasses that jelly came in.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Whatchamacallit candy bars. I used to love them. They don't make them anymore.

You'll be happy to know they do make them. Cuz they're my fav candy bar. lol And Travis gets them for me every once in a while. Although there was a long time when I couldn't find the darn things anywhere.

muttmeister

Carter's Little Liver Pills
Geritol
Castoria laxative
Ipana toothpaste
Spry shortening
Snackin' Cake (you made them in the microwave; they even inclused the pan)
I remember dishwashing soap that cam in a metal can and you added a capful to your water; can't remember the brand
Prince Matchabelli perfume titled Stradavari or Stradavarii or something like that; I loved that stuff!
Post Oat Flakes
Bluieing for your wash (Maybe they still make it but I haven't seen any in years)
Hereford Cow liquors
Schlitz light beer (maybe they still make it too but I haven't seen any lately)
Wave set
Evening in Paris perfume
Morningstar Farms vegetarian Canadian Bacon

Last edited:

JJJ

Almost anything I really like disappears.

There was an ice cream flavor I loved called Banananaza or something like that. It was by Breyers. It was a Banana ice cream with Chocolate chunks in it. I loved it.

Then pet had an ice cream I loved. It was a strawberry/chocolate swirl ice cream with little chocolate cups in it that had strawberry filling.

The banana ice cream sounds like Chunky Monkey by Ben and Jerrys.

The chocolate-strawberry ice cream sounds wonderful. I think I may try and make that - yum.

susiestar

Roll With It
Avon's Come Summer cologne. It was the only one my mom ever wore.

Dr. Pepper in the 16oz resealable can. You couldn't see into the can so kids on the bus (I was in 8th or 9th grade) would pour booze into the can and say it was Dr. Pepper. Those cans are now selling online for $75 at one site. The can was discontinued because so many parents and schools complained.

Fran

Former desparate mom
What about Musk perfume?

Mutt, my mom gave us castoria when I was a kid. It was the world's work tasting stuff.

donna723

Fran, was it worse than cod liver oil? Just the sound of that makes my skin crawl! Bleeech! We had to take that when we were kids. No cute little cartoon character chewables for us ... we got the HARD CORE stuff!!!