Old-timers...Blondie (Pico's sis) is back!!

Sue C

Blondie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! How wonderful to see you!!! I had recently asked Abbey if she had heard from you. :) Last time I emailed you, which was awhile ago, your email addy bounced back to me.

Thank you so much for the update on Pico's boys. I think of you OFTEN and wonder how things are going for you and your family. I think of your daughter that's Melissa's age. How's she doing?? I'm sorry for your broken ribs and hope your other health problems aren't too serious.

to Pico (in Heaven) -- Thank you for all the advice you gave me through the years. I'm still struggling, but you were the first one to offer advice when I first came on board to take Melissa's door off her bedroom because she was slamming it constantly. Do you know that door stayed off for about 4 years?? Thank you for the time you offered to let Angela stop over at your house when she left in a blizzard to drive a friend Out West. You were such a generous person!

Tiapet -- Oh my gosh, girl!! I have thought of you time to time. My eyes popped out when I saw your name. Weren't you the one we gave a baby shower to??

I often think of Joe's mom, too. I'm sure you Oldies remember her. Last I heard from her Joe was doing well.

We're missing Rita. Come on out and play.

Love to you Blondie,
Sue

Abbey

Spork Queen
We're missing Rita. Come on out and play.
Sue

I hear from Rita from time to time...I'll see if I can get her to come out. ;)

For those of you who are wondering about this 'old-timer's reunion', it's a hard thing to describe. After you have been down this long road for so many years...then your difficult child is gone for whatever reason, you need time to let some of this stuff go. Reading the daily heartaches gets to be a bit too much. It doesn't mean you don't care, you just need some downtime. Hence, why I turned the site over to Fran. (Thank you Fran!!) So many people with so much heartache. But we all seem to venture back. Too many good friends.

Abbey

Abbey

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I remember when I joined, a lot of us had kids around the same age, doing the same crappola - Danny, Ant, Corey, Rob, Mark (Nana Searchings gs) Joe, Rita's J, Abbey's J, Trish's Son, Joy's son - there didn't seem to be a lot of girls at that time causing as much havoc. The support system was wonderful, and am still here even though I will hit my 10 year anniversary of being a member next year. I remember their antics (and milestones) as well as I remember my own Kids, the laughs we had over their stupidity sometimes, the tears we all shed when one of them was sent (or taken) away. I am smiling as I think all of them are still pretty much a work in progress but we all survived even though there were times we didn't think we would make it thru the night. And at various times throughout the years, we actually met up with each other in real time and long lasting friendships were formed.

Its a very unique board, thats for sure.

Marcie

DammitJanet

We need to find Trish too! Gosh this brings back memories...also how about Jerri?

I hit my 9 year anniversary on Feb 1. I got my first computer the end of January 1999 and this was the first site I joined...lol. You all scared me to death but I have never left my home here. I dont think I ever will until cyberspace takes it away. This place is family. I have shared too much: tears, happiness, graduations, proms, boot camp, weddings, births, divorces, and even death. I cant imagine my life without this place. A few folks here have held my hand when things were awful rough for me on a personal level.

Awww shucks...I just love this place.

slsh

member since 1999
I was wondering about Dee (Did-I) too - can't wash a wall now without thinking of her.

Lots of people over the years. Alot of shared history. Heck, some of the board knows more about life with- thank you than my own family, LOL.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Thinking of how long of being around.....wow...loooooooooong. I remember when it was Mamabear's (before Abbey) and there was only 25 members! Now THAT's a long time! Any one ever hear from her?

Yes Sue C it was me you had the cyber baby shower for for difficult child#3 (who is now 9). I still have many of the things given to me packed away in a special Keepsake box for him. Especially the blanket Pico handmade for him and I had him wrapped in the night I had rushed him to the hospital shortly after birth. Do you know to this day he still needs a "soft blanket" around him? Now it's part of his sensory issues but still........ Oh and also I had printed out some of the posts made to him, one Pico did and one someone named "Grandpa", it's a poem.

Didn't think I would end up with 3 difficult child's but of course now the oldest has mostly outgrown it to easy child with teen angst (and driving!:erm:). The middle one is far more challenging then #1 was in a strange way and #3 is a calmer but still difficult child.

Oh, slsh I just caught your post above, I will try and get Did-I to post and tell her about this reunion. She is really busy with life, lots of changes. I email her all the time and speak to her. We see each other about once a year.
Tia

Abbey

Spork Queen
Jerri pops in from time to time, usually in Parent Emeretis. You could probably search for her username on the site and email her.

Momabear? Haven't heard from her in close to 10 years. At the time I took over the site she was a broken soul. Her son was in prison and I just think she couldn't hear the heartaches anymore. I've tried and tried to find her, but to no avail. Last post was a picture of her son in prison. :(

Abbey

Did-I

Worn out warrior
I heard someone was looking for me to help clean their walls or something?? LOL ;)

Hey there, Blondie!! Sorry you're having such difficulty (physically, emotionally and technically! :( ) I've not been back in quite some time myself, but when I posted an update some months back and was poking around the various forums, I wondered whether Blondie still posted. :) Good to "see" you again!

Hey there "old timers"! Good to see everyone. As Tia said (thanks for the head's up / invite to the reunion, Tia! :) ) life has been quite busy. I'll not bore anyone with any of the details - b'sides, you all know the lyrics to the song anyhow!! I will say that the one thing in the forefront right now is the (impatient) anticipation of the arrival of a new grandson ANY day now! :D (grandchild #4! :eek: )

Feeling old as well............

DammitJanet

Abbey...I remember when Mommabear popped in that one time must have been about 5 or so years ago. Broke my heart.

Did-i, its great to see you again too! Everytime I see homemade candy I cant help but think of you. by the way, my new grands would love some...lol. Im only 2 down on you now and bet I will catch up quickly!

Blondie

I heard someone was looking for me to help clean their walls or something?? LOL ;)

Hey there, Blondie!! Sorry you're having such difficulty (physically, emotionally and technically! :( ) I've not been back in quite some time myself, but when I posted an update some months back and was poking around the various forums, I wondered whether Blondie still posted. :) Good to "see" you again!

Hey there "old timers"! Good to see everyone. As Tia said (thanks for the head's up / invite to the reunion, Tia! :) ) life has been quite busy. I'll not bore anyone with any of the details - b'sides, you all know the lyrics to the song anyhow!! I will say that the one thing in the forefront right now is the (impatient) anticipation of the arrival of a new grandson ANY day now! :D (grandchild #4! :eek: )

Feeling old as well............

Oh my.

I am overwhelmed to see everyone.

Y'll are incredible.

Still having lots of trouble with-replying. Have typed probably half a dozen or more only to be told that I'm not logged in (I am!) when I submit Reply. Then I re-log in but of course, the post is gone.
I think this'll be my last try for today.
And it's a selfish one: I would like to ask an enomous favour, if y'all have the time and energy: Could yo spare a second or two to hold me in your hearts/minds for a moment sometime in the next few days?
Because the anniversary of Pico's death is day after tomorrow; and tomorrow itself is the anniversary of the longest and most intense day and night I've ever spent or ever hope to, bar none, in the way of absolute desolation grief and locking it all up so as to support the boys, Mama & Daddy, & the rest of family.

It has been 7 years (!), and long as I live it will never feel longer ago than yesterday.

Thank you.

I am hugging you all so much, you have no idea.

Love,

The Blonde One, battening down every hatch

Abbey

Spork Queen
Holding hands...wishing you and your family strength and looking at that lovely star in the sky.

ps...sometimes when I have a hard time posting I do it in MS Word, or similar program. That way if I get cut off I can just copy and paste and try again.

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
7 years? Oh my! The days drag but the years fly. You are two of our unforgettable family members.

Hugs Blondie,
Suz

sameold sameold

Hi Blondie,
I just had to re register, I haven't been able to get on since the new upgrade. Cheryl is going to work to combine my accounts tho. Maybe that is something you might want to try. It is so nice to see you on here. I have wondered how you and Pico's sons are doing. She was such a ray of sunshine on the board. I think I joined just after Abby took over the board and Pico was always on to give great advice. I know I would race home from work just to log in and see how every one's difficult child's were doing that day.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and all your family over the next several days. It doesn't seem possible that it has been 7 years.

Sue C

Blondie -- I'm praying for you and your family today and over the next few days. I can't even imagine how difficult it is to lose a sister.

Tia -- I was part of MamaBear's Board, also, before Abbey took over. That was a long long time ago!

Sue

Blondie

Gosh I hope this works. :)

Sue C, Your girls & mine are so nearly the same aga that we used "Arrrgh"! together, remember?! lol Aahhh, memories...

Mine aren;t doing so well as yours from the sounds of things, actually. Long and gory story: Suffice to say that Cheney has a brand-new "love of her life!! For REALZ!! I mean it Mom (big flounce)!!"

And Mia, my Miss Mousie, has a severe and deep-denial-state eating disorder. Heartbreaking. We have had to admit her to hospital, including several involuntary commitals (tears) in the past 18 months.

husband is not well either, post his heart attack in December '04 and the ensuing quadruple bypass one month later, on 11 January '05.
That was just the beginning actaully of 3+ years of one big "Hit" after another.

But we have managed to hang on, sometimes only just barely:

__0oo0 ___0oo0_
(Picoism. :D )

Bless you all.
I will do a proper update I really will.

It does my heart and soul such healing to be here that I'm astonished. Amazong the stuff that we don't know we need until it shows up and bops us in the beak and says, "Hey. Dummy. Get your butt back where you belong pls. Sheesh already!"

You are all precious in my eyes/heart.
I am laughing/crying with the tidal waves of memories. Abbey is right, as she so often is.

Blondie, feeling astonishingly cherished for the first time in ...well, we just won't go there. heh

witzend

What a blast from the past! It's good to see you back, Blondie. You've been well and truly missed. Don't worry about getting back on track with the new board design, you are in good company there!

It's good to hear the boys are at least safe, if not necessarily terribly sound. Tobe sounds as though he is doing a bit better than his brother.

I know that your being here will be a healing thing for you and for us. They have a special board for us old-timers, you know? The "Parent Emeritus" forum. Makes us sound like we know something, doesn't it? :tongue:

VickiL

Blondie,

So many words I want to say, but all I can think of right now is I love you! I think of you and Pico at least once a day (when I log onto this site). Life has taken us all down so many twisting, turning roads. I cannot believe it has been 7 years...it feels like yesterday to me as well. I cannot express in words what you and your sister mean to me.

I can honestly say that if it wasn't for you, Pico and Jerri, I would not be where I am today. You three wonderfully wise women got me through the roughest, darkest time in my life. And I just want to say Thank You!

PM me (if you get the bugs worked out on here) and I'll give you a real update. Short one though, Justin will be 21 on Sunday and he and his girlfriend, made husband and I Grandma and Grandpa to the most beautiful little girl, Kyla, 3 weeks ago. Alex is doing great...living with his dad and passing ALL of his classes. I was just saying to husband that I don't know where the last 21 years have gone...they fly by so fast now!

You don't know what seeing you back here has done for my spirit!! I have missed you so, my friend!!