OMG! Honey boo boo?

svengandhi

I saw Honey boo boo referred to in one of Janet's threads so tonight I was channel surfing because beach volleyball and track and field bore me and I saw this "child?" In one scene, she was hugging and kissing something wrapped in a red towel that I eventually realized was a DEAD DEER haunch! I only realized it because her mother said that the police call her to come get roadkill because if she feeds her family dead animals from the road, she'll have more money to spend on pageants! Believe me, I don't judge. I happen to love something called "stuffed derma," which is essentially mush wrapped in cow intestines, It's great with deli mustard. However, I just find the concept of feeding your family roadkill to satisy your narcissistic tendencies to be on TV with your annoying and not funny child appalling. I mean, I grew up in a housing project in the South Bronx and my mom NEVER served us rat a la mode.

Sorry to all you Honey boo boo fans out there, but I foresee pregnancy and toothlessness by puberty.

DammitJanet

I have no idea why they have picked up on Honey Boo Boo other than she is atrocious. Its like a train wreck that you cant turn away from. There are much better kids that have come off that show. Eden Wood was much better and now she is 7 and has moved on to her own things. Seriously, if you saw that picture of Keyana on my facebook, that is done professionally. She looks NOTHING like that when she is eating cereal in her pj's on the family room floor with Papa watching Spongebob. In that picture, and others like it, she looks like she is heading into her teens. She comes here and we dress her like the 6 year old she is and her world comes back into focus again. Maybe that is why she likes being here. Even though she is stunningly pretty and gets more so every time I see one of those pictures..., this doesnt mean she wants to be a model or actress. We dont know.

Kathy813

Staff member
I just watched it. OMG, I am embarrassed to live in the same state as those people. Trust me . . . no one I know acts or talks like that. I have never seen a mud pit nevermind jumped into one.

difficult child came in during the last half and asked what in the world I was watching. She stayed to watch the end with me and we both couldn't believe what we were seeing. difficult child asked where the town was since neither one of us had ever heard of it. We googled it and found that it is in a very poor rural part of the middle of the state.

I hate to say this about a child but she is not very attractive. I think her family is just setting her up for repeated disappointments.

Sorry to all you Honey boo boo fans out there, but I foresee pregnancy and toothlessness by puberty.

Her 17-year-old sister is pregnant. I think you are right on target about Honey Boo Boo's future. They did seem proud of the fact that they all have their teeth.

:rofl:

~Kathy

N

Nomad

husband and I were disturbed by the commericial and decided then and there that we would never watch it.
I'm fairly sure my TV would explode...probably from the brick I would through at it.

SuZir

Curiosity killed the cat, so to say. I just had to check out what you are talking about and I don't know what to say.

I know I should be angry for the broadcaster for exploiting clearly somewhat clueless people that way. And feel sorry for the kid, who (and whose parents) probably have no idea how high the price of this 'fame' may be. And feel icky I'm even watching.

Then there is a mean spirited side of me that can not stop laughing. It's just so... Well... Let's say that if this was scripted show and not 'real' (yeah, I get reality TV is not really real) I would be watching and laughing my a** off. This would be perfect in Little Britain (British comedy sketch show.) And unfortunately I have to agree with Kathy, I don't find this child especially attractive and I fear she may be in for quite a disappointment in future, if they set her up to think that she could live off her beauty in future.

DammitJanet

Look up Eden Woods. I am sure you will find pictures of her from the time she was small on Toddlers and Tiara's to now. She won them all and finally had a going out in style pageant where she won everything and the other mom's really got ticked off because they thought it was rigged. They were probably right. No one knew Eden would be there until the last minute and her agent was there and one of her former agents was a judge. No way was she going to lose, especially with her elaborate props. Eden has already written one book and does tours around the country. Im impressed she can write. I cant get Keyana to sit down long enough to draw me a complete picture...lmao. Yeah like I really believe Eden wrote the book...I am not that stupid.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have no clue who Honey Boo Boo is............... And would rather not watch to find out. "Reality" tv is anything but reality.

But I have been exposed to people eating roadkill. While it's certainly not for me.......I'm not sure I could do it starving half to death.......As long as it's a fresh "clean" kill, it's no different than hunting for food. There are a lot of folks in this area on the sheriff's list for roadkill. It's sort of sad to see this huge buck on the side of the road.........and know that otherwise all the meat ect would be wasted. Sheriff asked husband more than once (he had a knack for hitting deer even though he worked hard to avoid them) if he'd like help putting it into the trunk of the car.

Now when folks walk along the road hunting for it themselves trying to decide if it's "fresh" or not, and how ripe is not too ripe, that's when it starts really turning my stomach. blech