OMG I laughed my terrier off!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Whilst browsing on Facebook, I noticed a topic on a friend's page dealing with terrier races and ESPN. Once I got the details, I went searching for video. This is what I found:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4T02-3wHu8"]YouTube- Purina Incredible Dog Challenge - Jack Russell[/ame]

donna723

My brother used to have three Jack Russells. His would have stopped halfway through the race to bark at squirrels!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Jacks (now officially called Parson Russell Terriers) will bark to hear themselves bark. They are incredibly high energy dogs that most people shouldn't own.

donna723

I never really cared for them myself. The three my brother had would chase squirrels up a tree, then stand at the bottom of the tree and bark and bark ... and bark ... and bark. They'd go at it for hours! I felt so sorry for their neighbors.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I always tell people who want Jacks for vermin control to get a couple of Border Terriers instead.

They are just as good on the vermin and they actually shut up much of the time.

The other thing I don't like about Jacks is that some of them are meaner than all get out.

Back when I lived in Chicago, Gryphon used to go to dog daycare. One day there a Jack bit him on the hind paw.

It took 12 staples to close the wound--the little bugger nearly ripped Gryph's pad off the foot.

What amazed me is that a dog that weighed under 15 lbs would take on 90 lbs of German Shepherd.

Actually, I'm also amazed that Gryphon didn't reach down and bite the little so-and-so in half.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wasn't over fond of Jack's myself due to one that used to live in the neighborhood that was meaner than snot. We used to walk the dogs and kids everyday. This stupid lil dog would cross the street to attempt to bite at the kids and dogs. We finally had to stop walking the dogs to prevent a dog fight. Molly was going to eat him at one point I think.

We complained repeatedly. Owner did attempt to keep the lil bugger contained. But owner's kids would let him off the lead. Now I'm a huge animal lover. But it got so bad that I'd drop kick the stupid dog every time it came near us yapping, growling, and snipping.

One afternoon dog would just not give it up. Stupid thing followed us to my neighbor's house. Neighbor's husband happened to have her dog (a St Bernard mix) out brushing him. St. Bernard was rather fond of me and my kids and when he saw the Jack snip at us he went totally off. He literally tore the rear end off the Jack all the way back to the Jack's house.

Last time we saw the Jack outside. The owners moved shortly after.

Then my friend got a Jack as a pup. Someone had dumped his litter off the side of the highway in subzero temps.......they weren't even weaned yet. Half the litter froze to death. But Mikey and his sister were still hanging to life with they were found.

Mikey is the sweetest dog. Affectionate to the hilt. Well behaved. Not a mean bone in his body. And oddly, not much of a barker. All this and my friend doesn't know squat about training a dog. (so can't chalk it up to good training)

They still aren't my fav breed. But Mikey did change my opinion that they were utterly useless. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
Aunt Becky,

Dems okay but no bodies as wunderful adz MAH Chester. Hims da bestest boyfriends eber. I wubs him. I bets he is berry faster then these Terriwers.

Wubs Pooties

AND Ms. PIddlesworth.....

MAH NAME IS Luu Luu Belle - NOT Ms. Piddlesworth

Iz Piddlesworth

LUU LUU Belle

PIDDLESWORTH, PIDDLESWORTH....

LUU LUU BELLE

okay okay what----everrrrrrrrrr

GOTTA LOVE SISTERLY LOVE.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Pootie has a picture of Cloe and CHester.....and of course baby sister thinks Chester is "So handsome" (giggle giggle) - Pootie just rolls her eyes. Most times she just rolls her baby sister. (then she giggle giggles) but honestly she is the worlds best baby sitter ever.

Piddlesworth runs around saying "I'm going to marry Chester." until it's annoying. That's when she gets rolled. lol.

There's slim pickins here. A foxhound that never shuts up. A German Shepherd - and well you know; he speaks German, not much of a conversation there for anyone but Casper, and he hates to translate. A couple of rogue wanderers that are absolutely out of the question according to Pootie. They spend most of their time on Petfinder. It's the equivalent of Facebook for us. lol

Between that, Blues Clues and Animal planet they stay pretty well entertained.

donna723

Star, there already IS a Facebook page for dogs - there is Dogbook, a part of Facebook! If you put your dogs on there, then they can be 'Friends" with my dogs!

They would love to have a friend named "Pootie"!

Last edited: