OMG It's HOT!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It is not supposed to still be 80 degrees outside at 11:00 at night. I think the high here today was near 95, although weather bug says it was lower than that.

I feel like I'm suffocating. No air conditioning. We simply cannot afford it.

Usually that's not such a big deal. I don't like to run the air anyway. Our home is an completely remodled old victorian with plenty of good insulation that stays cool most of the day. The only time you feel the heat is in the late afternoon. Then by sunset it starts to cool down and is quite nice again.

But not the past few days. Highs in the mid 90's with really high humidity and no temp cool down til around 2 am.:hot:

It's suppose to break after tomorrow. After the past few days the expected high of 82 on tues will seem wonderful. sigh

Andy

I feel for you - I myself can not handle much over 75 degrees or under 50 degrees so Summer and Winter can sure get to me. I never look forward to Summer - I wish we could just have Spring and Fall forever.

I don't have a/c at work (hopefully our new building will have it in my office) so working only mornings does help. I just hope I get an office or atleast a corner. Though I am getting to the point where if I loose my job, I just don't care anymore. I would love to me a stay at home mom again if even for a short while.

F

flutterbee

OMG, Lisa. It is miserable out there. According to weatherbug, the high was 90, but it was so humid this morning. easy child, his girlfriend and Ex were here at 10:30 AM and we were outside. Finally after about 45 minutes I told them I had to come inside. I was sweating standing still. Ugh.

I can't afford to run the A/C, but I'm too miserable without it. I've been keeping the shutters and blinds closed to keep the sun out and running the dehumidifier - which even with the A/C running can't get down to the level I set it at to turn off. It's just so humid.

I watered last night around 9:00PM after my shower and had to do a mini sponge bath when I got inside. And all I did was water.

Stay cool. It will feel good when the heat breaks.

witzend

It's humid where you are, too, isn't it? We finally got a sunny day today. It was about 65 degrees. It was perfect. Stay cool! Try a damp t-shirt at bedtime to keep cool. It works wonders!

Mom2oddson

I'll trade....please let me trade with you!!! It was a whopping 58 degrees today!! It's been like this forever and there is no sign of it ending. The news people even referred to this month as June-uary. My heat has been on everyday for the last two weeks.

When I used to spend summers on my Grandma's farm in the wonderfully warm mid-west.... She would have me fill the tub with cold water, as cold as I could stand it. Then I would soak until the water drew all the heat out of me. It always amazed me that the water would be hot when I got out. It would cool me off enough that I could sleep at night.

58 degrees?

I know where I am retiring to. 58 degrees is heavenly to me.

It's been around 90 here too. And the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife. I can't afford the air either, but i can't breathe without it. Thankfully I have an AC in my room as well as in the frontroom so I only have to have the air on in the room that I am currently sitting.

Mom2oddson, I will trade with you in a second.

DammitJanet

I have a feeling this summer is going to really inhale deeply. It has already been over 100 degrees for the past several days down here in NC. This is almost unheard of for this early in the year. Heck...normally we dont get but maybe a couple of 100 degree days a year and we have already had them and its still early!

I cant take the heat at all. My body doesnt process temp changes well. I also live in a tin can in the middle of a field. My ac unit is on its last legs and Billy is trying to nurse it along until we can figure out how to buy a new one. Its not looking good. There is something wrong with the ducts leading into my bedroom...who knows what...so the air doesnt flow back there right. I had to get a small window unit for my room otherwise I just roasted.

Now the rest of the house is just this side of miserable but we are hoping we can figure out what is wrong so we can fix it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, Janet! I feel for you. A mobile home without ac is the absolute worst! I hope you can come up with something soon. I remember way back when my sis lived in one. No ac. I thought we'd die of heat stroke everytime we visited her. I don't know how she stood it.

I took a cold shower not too long ago. I just couldn't stand it anymore. Felt awfully good. sigh

I wouldn't complain at 58 degrees. lol That's what makes this temp so horrid. It wasn't long ago we were in the 60's. Then whamo suddenly it's 90 degrees out. We didn't get a chance to get used to it.

I have a feeling this is going to be an unusual summer weather wise for everyone.

KTMom91

It's supposed to be about 90 today, but it's a dry heat here. When we went to Florida two years ago for #2's college graduation, I thought I was going to die. As much as I hate the temp being over 100 for days on end, I hated that humidity more.

tinamarie1

The heat makes me physically sick. I don't know what I am going to do if the temps stay this way through summer. Our heat index is supposed to be 110 degrees today. It will be 94 but due to thick humidity it will feel like 110. I know my a/c has not shut off at all in the past 3 days. We had to go on the monthly budget where they average your yearly costs and spread it out in 12 pmnts. It still comes to $200 a month. ugh! But we are moving onto the military base soon and it has a brand new unit. I cannot wait. That alone will make moving 3 times in 12 months worth it.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yikes!! $200 a month? That's insane.

I'm not an AC person. I'd pay the price for ceiling fans over AC. The only time I run it is when we have people over for dinner. Keep in mind that I'm in Vegas and it's daily over 100 degrees. We do not have the humidity, though.

We have been very fortunate this year as our winter and spring have been very nice. Only thing we had to contend with is the wind. Now, it's starting to warm up quickly.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Right now its 100 and heading to 106! That is without the index...just plain temps.

My electric bill is over 200 a month no matter what I do. Im thankful when its under 300. The humidity is so high here that I cannot be without the AC. I keep saying Im moving to Alaska sometime.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I feel for those of you who cannot tolerate the heat. Me? I LOVE the heat! I will take intense heat, and yes humidity too, over the cold any day. It's been well into the 90's here since Saturday. Yesterday, I was gardening when it started to pour down on me. I just stood up in it and got soaked - excellent!

Personally, I hate A/C, but when things are sticky it's nice to dry out at least our bedroom for comfortable sleeping. I bought a box fan at Mall*Wart yesterday for $12. Kept us cool all night long. I asked H to install the window AC but now I don't think I want it yet.

I read that a cold shower actually makes you warmer Lisa. They said to take a hot shower and dress in thin cotton or terry afterwards and that will make you cooler than a cold shower. I don't know about that...Our pool never gets sun so it's always cold and I know that after soaking in it for a mere 20 minutes, my core gets very cooled down - it works! So, how about a cold bath?

I hope you all can find some way of relief!

4sumrzn

It is SO NASTY out there, I have no idea how you can deal without the AC. I will admit, I'm the one that's normally in charge of the thermostat & don't mind being hot some days just for the extra air with the windows open. BUT, husband got out his "you know what's" the other day & pretty much told me "too bad". I'm glad he did.....it's way too hot out there! I hope you find a way to stay cool.

Hey.....I still haven't been able to get the cover off of the pool because of all of the rain. Hop on over here & help me out.....that might help ya cool off & we could invite everyone else for a pool party!?!?

F

flutterbee

Ok. I have NO idea how those of you not running the A/C can stand it. I have the thermostat set at 76 and it's running almost all the time. I have the dehumidifer running to help. I have the ceiling fans going.

And I was straightening Wynter's hair with a flat iron and was drenched in sweat. My glasses were steaming up on my face!

I'm meltiiiiiingggggg..........:hot:

I'm totally not used to this. I used to love summer because it was the only time I was ever not cold. Even in the summer, I'd be under a blanket when the A/C was on - which was only on so the kids wouldn't melt.

4sumrzn

I'm meltiiiiiingggggg..........:hot:

I'm totally not used to this. I used to love summer because it was the only time I was ever not cold. Even in the summer, I'd be under a blanket when the A/C was on - which was only on so the kids wouldn't melt.

LOL! I still bring out the sweatshirts in the morning & as my night time "hanging out".... in the summer. BUT.....not today...had NO DESIRE to put on the cozy sweats. YUK! You made me giggle with your comments, thanks ;)

TerryJ2

No AC Lisa? Ack!!! I get nauseated when it's too hot.

I'm with-you, Janet. I could do 58 degree days.

It's been 100 3 days in a row. We did an amusement park today and I have a headache. (Gee, I wonder why?) We did as many "wet" rides as we could, although it's not a water park.

Nancy

It's been in the 90's here for several days now too. We broke a record today hitting 94. It's suppose to cool down tomorrow thank goodness because this is way too hot for early June.

Nancy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
OKay, I take it back. I foreced H to install the AC in our bedroom tonight. He's not happy about it...he "worked hard today". Anyway, going to take a hot shower and then hitting up the AC. Aaaaah. Fans be damned.

everywoman

Like Janet, we hit a whopping 106 today on the coast of SC. It's hot, humid, and unbearable. Luckily, my electric usually runs about $150---but we could not do without air. It's early for such hot weather----I can't imagine what the rest of the summer will bring.