Omg, just got my cholesterol levels back

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My cholesterol is up over 206! My Dr wants me down around 180. My LDL is up over 128 - she wants to see me about that. I don't know what she can tell me that I don't already know (alter my diet and exercise). My HDL is good at 59, but it could be better I guess and triglycerides are at 55, which is also okay.

And get this: Like difficult child, I too am slightly anemic. Ugh. I'm so glad I started walking again - that should help a bunch. I have to really be more attentive to taking my oils everyday and my multi. And I guess I will also take the iron supplement. Wow, I didn't expect it to get worse.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I'll bet you'll be able to work on it and get those numbers lower.

husband's triglycerides were in the 400 range -- yeah, yikes is right. And his cholesterol was 224 -- another yikes.

Three years ago it was NORMAL. The doctor wanted to put him on medications in January, but I asked to let him try diet and exercise (what a joke!). He goes back Friday (I think) for more bloodwork, and I'm sure he'll be getting a lecture and a scrip for something to help lower his numbers.

flutterby

Fly away!
The HDL is good. I have heart disease and they only want mine at 50 or 55. The triglycerides are really good. Just have to get the LDL down some.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I went from 117 to 430 in one year. Tried Lipitor, Chestor and a host of others but couldn't tolerate the drugs. Sad to say, but I haven't had it tested in well over 5 years. I have no idea what made the change. Heart disease runs rampant in my father's side of the family. He's already had two quintuple bypasses. I eat well, not overweight, though I don't exercise like I need to. Oh yeah...and I smoke. Probably not the best choice. I'm a tad stubborn.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I went from 117 to 430 in one year. Tried Lipitor, Chestor and a host of others but couldn't tolerate the drugs. Sad to say, but I haven't had it tested in well over 5 years. I have no idea what made the change. Heart disease runs rampant in my father's side of the family. He's already had two quintuple bypasses. I eat well, not overweight, though I don't exercise like I need to. Oh yeah...and I smoke. Probably not the best choice. I'm a tad stubborn.Abbey

Apparently, it is the lack of exercise and occasional smoking that is making my numbers climb. Heart disease runs in my family from my mom's side. My mom had 5-bypass surgery at 81 - my brother was amazed the doctors didn't find a snickers bar lodged in there somewhere, or a tub of breyers ice cream - lol). My sister's cholesterol is 283 and she exercises and does not smoke at all. She is celiac and eats a LOT of cheese, however.

I think I can lick this with more movement and stopping smoking altogether. You know, I really hate having to give up that small little bit that I smoke, but I know it's necessary. And I've already jump started my walking, exercise, etc., so now I just need to bump it up. Oh yeah, and I bought myself a little pill case for my daily vitamins so I don't forget my oils.

DammitJanet

You go JO!

You know what killed me. When Tony had that mild, lil stroke back in 07, I was so sure they were going to find out that his cholesterol was off the charts because he eats such a high fat diet...fried everything. He is also overweight and he chews tobacco.

His numbers came back at 182 or something! His good cholesterol was like 130 something and his bad was like 55 or so. I was astounded. All the nagging I had done about how we were gonna have to cut back on fried foods and start eating baked and broiled...out the window...lol. His arteries were clean as a whistle. No sign of a thing. They couldnt find a thing to show why he appeared to have that little stroke. Only thing they could even find a tiny bit off was a low B12. Everything else was great. Weird.

Now me...Im a mess!