OMG OMG OMG CRISIS!!!!!!!!!!!! - UPDATE

SunnyFlorida

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AngelaMia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Life is hell, life will always be hell. He is never happy, doesn't believe he has the capacity to be happy. Nothing good ever happens, everytime he tries at something he fails - what's the point in trying anymore. At least in jail he won't be disappointed. He won't work the program because it won't make any difference. It won't help him because nothing can help him. The only way he can escape the pain is pot. </div></div>

This line of thinking is pretty typical in my humble opinion of the developmental age of your difficult child. It's been said to me by my difficult child 1 years ago as well.

Don't necessarily blame the whole program he's in, instead, you might want to find out exactly what the program is supposed to do and is capable of doing. If they're supposed to evaluate and medicate, then some letter writing with carbon copies to their headquarters may push things along.

In my case, I did take difficult child 1 to a private psychiatrist and paid for it out of pocket. We use prescription assistance programs to pay for the medications. He's been on numerous medications, but he's pretty stable right now.

If your difficult child is reluctant or refusing to take medications.....then you might think about natural consequences instead.

You're kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. You've come a long way, you've got a young child to care for, there's only so much you can do physically and emotionally.

Sending you tons of cyber support and gentle hugs.

Sunlight

sometimes after they hit you with their words of despair and you run to rescue, before you can even get your sweater on and keys in hand, you find that their crisis has passed.

you have come to bat for him every time and you know it. do what you can, and be sure to rest yourself as well.