Omg omg omg omg omg

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awesome Heather!! :D

I seriously believe there are soul mates. And that what is meant to be, will indeed come to pass even if you have to go around the block a few times before it all comes together.

Even if it doesn't turn romantic, it will be nice to see your friend again and reconnect. :)

I found my grade school bff via facebook and was tickled pink. Weird thing is....I hadn't seen/spoken to her in about 30 yrs yet we chat every day like we've never been apart. She is still the same awesome person she always was. :D

Can't wait to see how this develops....

hugs

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
How fun!!! Maybe a wonderful friendship can develop from this and who knows.... thump thump, thump thump.

I was nervous reading... keep us posted!

flutterby

Fly away!
NO, he hasn't. And I'm getting very impatient. :tongue: Patience was never one of my strong suits.

He's in Georgia, as is my bff from high school.

ETA: Oh, and I'm in Ohio. Forgot I changed my location thingy.

Last edited:

flutterby

Fly away!
Maaaaybeee...he's working two jobs, or maybe he accidentally deleted my email and is desperately trying to figure out how to get in touch with me. Or maybe someone stole his computer. Or maybe he broke both of his hands. No, that's not an excuse. He could still put a pencil in his mouth and type. Maybe he's ill with some exotic disease and they have him in the isolation ward of the hospital where everyone has to wear hazmat suits.

Or maybe he's in a relationship and/or living with someone. And that would just be bad.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Heather, I re-entered the dating scene after many decades. I can promise you that men haven't changed much. If you haven't seen (or read the book) "He's Just Not That Into You" I strongly recommend it. It was a revelation to me.

No matter what their age, men seem to like "the chase."

And if they want to contact you or be with you...they will make it happen.

Don't make yourself too available....or sound desperate.

You want to be his "exception."

Rent the movie and you will know what that means.

Tough lessons to learn, especially if you are someone like me who hates games.

Fingers crossed for you.

Suz

flutterby

Fly away!
Oh, Suz, I'm not. I contacted him. Ball is in his court.

But, I know what you mean. It's the main reason I stopped dating altogether.

flutterby

Fly away!
He responded.

He's doing well and has thought about me over the years, and has gotten bits and pieces of info from bff. He's been in a relationship for a year and a half and "don't know where [they] are sometimes". They don't live together. He said maybe he needs to take a vacation and see if he is where he needs to be.

Yeah. No. I'm not touching that. I'm not going to be his vacation. He's pushing 40, for crying out loud. Figure it out.

So, I'm just going to respond that I'm glad to hear that his life is going well and that I wish him the best.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yep. Good idea. Man on the rebound is bad news. Heck, a woman on the rebound is bad news.

Let him figure out what he wants/needs and if he does he can always contact you later down the road.

At least he was honest.

Hugs

everywoman

I disagree. This guy has asked about you frequently. You have thought of him over the years. Yes, he has been "dating" someone, but he is not engaged; he is not married. It doesn't sound like he is in a really serious relationship. I know a lot of people who "date" someone for a long time, and it's only because the relationship is comfortable, not because they are a good match. Even if you just renew the friendship now, it may be worth it later. Please, don't think I'm condoning going after another woman's man. But, I also know women. If she wanted it to be more than it is, it would be. Heather, if this is something you really want to pursue---go for it. Be smart and guarded, but...do you really want to wait another twenty years? If you are really uncomfortable then let it go.

flutterby

Fly away!
I don't know. A lot of people end up with someone because they don't want to be alone. I don't understand that...going from one relationship to another like that.

The "Maybe I need to take a vacation to see if I'm where I need to be" thing really bothered me. At almost 40, he should be able to tell if where he is, is where he wants to be. Even if not, I'm not going to be the someone to decide that on. He needs to decide that on his own. I've been burned too many times.

I left the door cracked, but not wide open. And I said, "I'm sure you'll figure things out with your girlfriend", to make sure that it's understood that I'm not going to be a test to see if the grass is greener over here.