Omg! Omg!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

The company husband has been waiting to contact him called today. This is the pharmaceutical company he's been hoping and praying to get a job at for several years because it's only 20 miles from us.

Well, these type places hire through temp services. husband still sent the main company his resume. Company faxed his resume to the temp service that does their hiring and said they want husband in to interview asap!

He'll go for his interview next wed or thurs!

I'm afraid to get my hopes up. He's been unemployed for 2 very long years of us hanging on by our fingernails literally. We really need him to get this job. His unemployment benefits run out in sept. It starts out for temp 6 mos then if they like him he'll be hired. But they were VERY VERY impressed with his resume. Ha! husband only put part of his job history on it so it wouldn't make him appear so old. lol Wait until they hear all the experience he has working in various labs in various industries.

husband has already been told to make it clear to them he has no plans to retire at 65. And seriously, after this period of unemployment he doesn't, he can't. There is nothing to retire with.

So any good thoughts, juju, prayers, nekked chicken dances would be VERY much appreciated.

Like I said, I'm scared to get my hopes up for fear it'll jinx it.

2. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Pretzeled and salted and shaking some chicken livers!

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Sending all the good JuJu I can muster! Yayayayay!!

4. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Skeering and blinding the neighbors now!

5. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Fingers, toes, and all other possible body parts crossed that your husband gets the job! It's about time you guys had some good luck!

6. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

Good vibes on their way!!! Pretzled up over here!!

7. Steely

Steely Active Member

Many good thoughts being sent your way.

8. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Curtains are drawn and the nekkid dancing has begun!

9. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

OH MAH WHUT IZ MAH AUNT BECKIEZ DOING? (covers face witz paw) lol

WE ARE DANCING IN THE STREET under the moon - and throwing our clothes and caution to the wind - (you think Beckies neighbors are skeered) ----

10. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Chicken livers?????? Oh gawd...you will have all our pups we are trying to leash train running towards your houses...lmao.

Anyway...I will forgo the liver but cross everything I can for ya!

11. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Sending all the good vibes I can!! We are still waiting to hear about the job husband interviewed for. I know how hard it is to cope with unemployment that has lasted so long. I really pray he gets this job and that they love him!!!

12. lovemysons

lovemysons Well-Known Member

"Dear Lord in Heaven hope that L's husband will get this job with the pharmaceutical company."

Okay, prayer said...now we wait.

I'm excited for yall!!!
    Hugs,
    LMS

13. PatriotsGirl

PatriotsGirl Guest

Have everything crossed for you guys!!!! Sounds like incredible news!!!!

14. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Pretzeling with salt and mustard, rattling my orange and black spirit beads, praying praying praying...!!!!!

15. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Hoping and praying this is the break ya'll need.

16. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

I'll do the nekkid chicken dance (won't be a pretty sight, lol...), rattle those beads, cross all body parts, etc..., etc..., etc..., Hoping and praying your husband gets the job!!! SFR

17. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused Active Member

Oh wow...totally pulling for your husband to get this job.

18. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

We've squeezed pennies until they scream for so long that even the lower salary he'd get working through a temp co would seem like a ton of money.

I so hope he gets it. And it's not just the money. If we don't stop spending every single day together I just may kill the man. He has no real hobbies or interest. He just vegetates on the sofa for most of the time. Like it or not, until husband finds a hobby that floats his boat, he is just not someone who could ever really retire. He's not even one to fiddle around the house doing chores to keep boredom at bay. (hence my last vent)

But the money sure would be wonderful.

19. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh I hope he gets the job. I can feel your excitement. I have everything crossed for you.

Nancy

20. bby31288

bby31288 Active Member

Sounds promising. Sending all of the positive, job getting, no more penny squeezing vibes your way!! Good Luck Lisa's husband!!!!