OMG THIS SNOW

Janna

is ridiculous.

9" so far here.

SO had to pull the cable guy out of a ditch from across the street this morning. Then a nurse, driving a jeep, going 30 (where she should have been going 15) ran into a telephone pole across the street, and stopped in the middle of the road.

People are flying up and down our roads. If you can't go slow, why go out? One old man told me he was just out for a drive to get gas for his snowblower. Dude, why didn't you do that yesterday?

I'm sorry but people are stupid. Stay home unless you're doing something for a living that is saving a life or public related (i.e. fireman, policeman).

I'm sick of white. I want spring. This better be it for the year :grrr:

Janna

Nancy

I'm sick of the snow too. It's been snowing for two days. It went from 70 one day to 32 the next.

Nancy

wakeupcall

Janna, we are visiting our daughter near Worchester, MA. We have ten inches and the sleet is terrible. We are staying in a motel 20 min. away and we barely made it back to the motel this evening. It's terrible .. and we can see nothing but blue flashing lights from the state police working accidents. Scary stuff, I tell ya. I DO wonder what we're doing....in TX it's 77 degrees and sunny today!!!!

Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy813

Staff member
Janna,

Our Bradford Pear trees are in full bloom and with a gentle wind, the white flowers fall to the ground and it looks like it's snowing.

Of course, it's also 70 degrees outside. Not quite the same thing, huh?

Sorry, I just had to rub it in.

:rofl:

I hope spring gets there soon.

~Kathy

Fran

Former desparate mom
Feb. and March has been the pits for you guys. I love spring in Texas but I'll take any of the snow bound states when it's July and August. 30 days above 100 degree is almost worse that snow.
Hope you all stay safe and warm.

DazedandConfused

90 degrees here in my little corner of the world. Daughter went with a friend to go swimming.

However, I will suffer soon enough when it's 100+ for weeks on end.

My Mom, who lives up the street from me, cracks me up. For her, 90 degrees is too "cold" to go swimming. My mother in law was the same way. Only in the California desert is 90 degrees to cold to swim. :rolleyes:

dreamer

well, I dunno. Yeah we have all this blasted snow but.....seems to me in summer we also have our fair share of over 100 with high humidity. YUK. ANything over 65 is too hot for me, but I am tired of this darned snow by now, too.

I was very nervous when dec and jan were so nice outside that I would not like the payback for those months being so nice.
Yes day before yesterday we had 70 degrees, had it for 3 days in a row, it did NOT melt the snowplow piles, tho and then WHAM! that nite? we had a mini blizzard.

this weather is bizarre. husband says Mother Nature muct be going thru change of life?

donna723

We've been up in the 70's for the last few days, but it's supposed to be down to freezing again tonight. It's been cold and really windy all day today. We've got the Bradford pear trees blooming everywhere too. It's so funny how fast it all happens ... first the Bradford pears, then the Redbud trees a day or so later, the pink flowering plum trees, and now just yesterday and today all the Forsythia bushes have turned bright yellow! And while the Redbud trees are still blooming, the Dogwood trees will start to flower too! They bloom side by side in the woods and look soooo pretty! And just today some of the trees are starting to show a tiny bit of green, just barely budding out. I hope the freeze tonight doesn't get any of it. Won't be long before I have to start mowing grass again, just so it will be even. It's starting to come up in big clumps and look ratty!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yuck-I have to say I'm glad we're not getting any of it here. I'm really hoping we are done for the year. All of you getting the snow-stay safe.

Nancy

To make matters worse I got our gas bill today and it's $450.00. We keep our thermostat at 68 during the day and 64 at night, I can't lower it much more.

Nancy

needabreak

this weather is making me crazy :hammer:i had all my summer cloths pulled out for me and the kids.now im digging for winter cloths.this better be it.i mean i thoght we were done with all this.it was like 75 degrees the other day.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
This storm is passing us by....we had a couple of squalls yesterday evening but it melted today.

I'm looking forward to getting out & working in the yard this year.

Stay safe & warm those of you in the path of this storm.

Janna

We didn't get any of the sleet, Sara (by the way, I'm glad to see you posting, I was thinking of you the other day, hadn't seen you), but we got a ton of the snow.

I am really tired of cold. Snow. The whole mess. I really hope this is it!!!!!!!

Janna

P.S. Kathy - your bragging is so NOT funny :smile:

Lothlorien

We got ice again. We haven't had a good snow all winter. Not once. It's never snowed enough for the kids to go out and play in it. We got all ice again and my power went out for several hours. Thank G-d we have a generator. I dressed the kids warm, put them to bed and got the generator going. We had some lights and a space heater, which kept the living room quite comfortable. Then we pulled the kids tv/dvd player into the living room and watched a couple of movies.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm a little bit north of you, Janna, and we started off with sleet yesterday morning, got a ton of snow, and then had a bit of both.

What a mess! I have almost a foot of snow in some places.

I hurt my shoulder last night trying to dig a path for my 9 week old fuzzbutt. The old girls had a blast romping around.

A few minutes ago I tried again in the front...did one trail, spotted a guy down the street and asked him if he wanted to earn some $$$ so he will finish the job. No way am I going to kill myself for a clean driveway.

So I am going to relax while he works.

Suz :smile: